ImageImageImageImage

Draft 2021

Moderators: Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior

The Magic pick lands at 3 and Cade and Green are off the board. Who do you want the Magic to draft?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:53 am

A) Jalen Suggs
66%
B) Evan Mobley
29%
C) Jonathan Kuminga
5%
D) Moses Moody
No votes
E) Scottie Barnes
No votes
F) Keon Johnson
No votes

Total votes: 38

drsd
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Re: Draft 2021 

Post#41 » by drsd » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:09 am

Magic Mops wrote:https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans-2021-nba-mock-draft-1-0-rockets-reload-06-02-2021/

Newest Mock Draft

Magic get Mobley with the 3rd pick and Giddey with the 10th pick.

The Job of the Front Office is not easy.
It is really difficult to satisfy every Fan.

Everybody has his favorites in the draft and after Draft Night some fans will be happy with the picks and other fans will not be happy.

All in all we have to live with it.

This mock seems to basically just slot players based on a draft board without any considerations of how a given team values a player. That said, Mobley and Giddey is a good outcome for Orlando. Add a player like Jay Huff in the second round, and Orlando starts as:

Anthony/Hampton/Giddey/Fultz(probable starter at ASW)
Harris/Ross/Bacon
Isaac/Carter-Williams
Okeke/Mobley
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Obviously Orlando needs another wing and could really profit from waiving Bacon and signing a LLE PF. And at some point Orlando is going to have to make decisions on its PF core. But this is an interesting collection pf players and it is a team with upside.

For me based on available players according to this draft in this link, I would think Orlando drafts Green and Wagner (and I will again add Huff). There the Magic is:

Anthony/Hampton/Fultz(probable starter at ASW)
Harris/Green/Carter-Williams
Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke
Carter/Bamba/Huff

In this direction it is fairly certain the Magic resign Wagner's brother. Orlando could basically stop at that 14 man roster to develop for the 2022/23 season. One thing is I see little space for Brazdeikis, but I will add him anyhow.

The 2021/22 Wunderkinder roster!

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

For 2022/23, the core starts as:
Fultz/Anthony
Green/Hampton
Isaac/Wagner
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

There is a lot I like about those players, with some vets, making the playoffs in June 2023.

Magic Mops
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#42 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:29 pm

drsd wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans-2021-nba-mock-draft-1-0-rockets-reload-06-02-2021/

Newest Mock Draft

Everybody has his favorites in the draft and after Draft Night some fans will be happy with the picks and other fans will not be happy.

This mock seems to basically just slot players based on a draft board without any considerations of how a given team values a player. That said, Mobley and Giddey is a good outcome for Orlando. Add a player like Jay Huff in the second round, and Orlando starts as:

Harris/Ross/Bacon
Isaac/Carter-Williams
Okeke/Mobley
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Obviously Orlando needs another wing and could really profit from waiving Bacon and signing a LLE PF. And at some point Orlando is going to have to make decisions on its PF core. But this is an interesting collection pf players and it is a team with upside.

For me based on available players according to this draft in this link, I would think Orlando drafts Green and Wagner (and I will again add Huff). There the Magic is:

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke
Carter/Bamba/Huff

In this direction it is fairly certain the Magic resign Wagner's brother. Orlando could basically stop at that 14 man roster to develop for the 2022/23 season. One thing is I see little space for Brazdeikis, but I will add him anyhow.

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Fultz/Anthony
Green/Hampton
Isaac/Wagner
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

There is a lot I like about those players, with some vets, making the playoffs in June 2023.

Great post Sir.

I like Giddey and Franz Wagner.
I know the most here are worried about their athletic ability and shooting but imo both have good bbiq and are skilled.

I was also thinking to take Aaron Henry or Amir Simms in the secound round.

I don't know much about Jay Huff.
Magic Mops
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#43 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:49 pm

drsd wrote:

Newest Mock Draft

Harris/Ross/Bacon
Isaac/Carter-Williams
Okeke/Mobley
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Fultz/Anthony
Green/Hampton
Isaac/Wagner
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

I watched this scouting video about Huff.
Would be good selection in the secound round.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 2,564

Post#44 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:11 am

Magic Mops wrote:
drsd wrote:

Newest Mock Draft

Harris/Ross/Bacon
Isaac/Carter-Williams
Okeke/Mobley
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Isaac/Ross/Wagner/Bacon
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

Fultz/Anthony
Green/Hampton
Isaac/Wagner
Okeke/Wagner/Brazdeikis
Carter/Bamba/Huff

I watched this scouting video about Huff.
Would be good selection in the secound round.

Huff , Petrusev or Garza.. 7 footers that can defend on the inside and shoot 3s from the outside. You cant go wrong with any of them.

Or Hurt if you want a PF instead of C. probably the most accurate shooter of the 4.

Return to Orlando Magic