ImageImageImageImage

New Mock Draft

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Magic Mops
Junior
And1: 83

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#141 » by Magic Mops » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:56 pm

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#142 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:19 pm

RookieStar wrote:I dunno about 45 deep but I agre some of these projected 2nd rounder in the 30s range could normally be in the 20s range in last year or even the year before draft. Names like Nix and Todd who I see are in the 30-40s could have been take in the 20s last year.

Also a name like BOuknight who some mocks are now putting in the 19? I would take him top 10 in the Ball/Edwards draft. Late lottery names like Duarte,Mitchell,Cooper etc.. I would think be a choice for the 15th pick for us ( assuming all we saw of Cole and RJ is now what they produced in the NBA but before that)
A bunch of guys may fall out of the first round. I've seen Cameron Thomas and Sengun being mocked in the 2nd round.

We could have a situation like when Haliburton fell to 13 last year, only this year it's good players falling to the second round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#143 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:I dunno about 45 deep but I agre some of these projected 2nd rounder in the 30s range could normally be in the 20s range in last year or even the year before draft. Names like Nix and Todd who I see are in the 30-40s could have been take in the 20s last year.

Also a name like BOuknight who some mocks are now putting in the 19? I would take him top 10 in the Ball/Edwards draft. Late lottery names like Duarte,Mitchell,Cooper etc.. I would think be a choice for the 15th pick for us ( assuming all we saw of Cole and RJ is now what they produced in the NBA but before that)
A bunch of guys may fall out of the first round. I've seen Cameron Thomas and Sengun being mocked in the 2nd round.

We could have a situation like when Haliburton fell to 13 last year, only this year it's good players falling to the second round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Yup.. this draft especially after the top 5 are all over the place. Our high SRP is practically a mid-20s pick in any other year. LEt's use it especially with a new coach. Id rather a wide-eyed rookie occupying that spot thant calling up the Randle/Hall/Thornwell/etc of our GL team. Probably more upside as well.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#144 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 pm

Magic Mops wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2021-pistons-grab-cade-cunningham-at-no-1-jalen-green-goes-to-magic-over-evan-mobley/amp/

Newest Mock

Magic get:
Jalen Green
Davion Mitchell

Im happy with any scenario of us getting Green, but just not sure how much i like the fit with Mitchell

But dont care, if we get green, 8,33 can be posters from this board and id still be happy
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#145 » by Magic Mops » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:33 am

The Effect wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2021-pistons-grab-cade-cunningham-at-no-1-jalen-green-goes-to-magic-over-evan-mobley/amp/

Newest Mock

Magic get:
Jalen Green
Davion Mitchell

Im happy with any scenario of us getting Green, but just not sure how much i like the fit with Mitchell

But dont care, if we get green, 8,33 can be posters from this board and id still be happy

A lineup with Anthony at the 1, Mitchell at the 2 and Green at the 3 would be fun to watch.
I like it.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#146 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:20 am

Magic Mops wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Newest Mock

Magic get:
Jalen Green
Davion Mitchell

A lineup with Anthony at the 1, Mitchell at the 2 and Green at the 3 would be fun to watch.
I like it.

Fun and a disaster waiting to happen you mean?

You are playing with
a 6'3 at most PG
a 6'2 at most SG
and a 6'5 at most SF?

And people thought POR lineup was small...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#147 » by drsd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:09 am

Newest Mock

Magic get:
Jalen Green
Davion Mitchell

For the Bulls pick, based on availability, this must be Moody. Not only if Mitchell not a positional need, I cannot see any draft board having him as BPA.

If the Magic come out of this draft with Green and Moody, then this miserable season was worth it.

drsd
RealGM

Post#148 » by drsd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:10 am

Magic Mops wrote:A lineup with Anthony at the 1, Mitchell at the 2 and Green at the 3 would be fun to watch.
I like it.

I do not like it. And you know what is fun? Winning. Those three are not complimentary in my opinion.
drsd
RealGM

Post#149 » by drsd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 am

basketballRob wrote: I've seen Cameron Thomas ... being mocked in the 2nd round.

Because Thomas cannot jump out of the gym, he is low on draft boards ??? All he can do is "play basketball". Cameron Thomas certain displays qualities that he will be a multi-year player in the NBA. That is an asset well above second rounder.

At #33, I would be thrilled with him.

Magic Mops
Junior

Post#150 » by Magic Mops » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 am

drsd
RealGM

Post#151 » by drsd » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 pm

Magic Mops wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2021-nba-mock-draft-50-pre-draft-lottery-edtion

Newest Mock

Orlando gets Jalen Green and Scottie Barnes

They have Moody sliding to #11, which is shocking. But on its own, I would be very happy with Green and Barnes. A ball-dominant guard and a versatile wing for the bench would be a very, very good outcome from this draft.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#152 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Magic Mops wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2021-nba-mock-draft-50-pre-draft-lottery-edtion

Newest Mock

A lot really expected Moody to take a hit. His strengths are the catch and shoot type coupled with his 6'6 height amd 7 foot wingspan for defense. No one knows his quick twitch nuscles cuz they only seen him bulldoze his way ti thr basket. No taking his man off the dribble. A lot more players can offer that and more.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#153 » by Magic Mops » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 pm

RookieStar wrote:

Newest Mock

A lot really expected Moody to take a hit. His strengths are the catch and shoot type coupled with his 6'6 height amd 7 foot wingspan for defense. No one knows his quick twitch nuscles cuz they only seen him bulldoze his way ti thr basket. No taking his man off the dribble. A lot more players can offer that and more.

Which players can offer more than Moody?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#154 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Newest Mock

What? In the purely SG/SF aka wing position? Some examples

Wagner - 6'9 beats 6'6 in the wing position. Also he has the reputation of a do-it-all swiss knife and that includes defense. Sure the 3pt shooting ability is less than Moody but if you have a team full of shooters already, then why not?

Bouknight - he might be an inch shorter and slotted in the SG spot only but he has crazy athleticism over Moody and more importantly he is can drive as well as shoot.. maybe not as well as Moody but his driving skill can beat his defender off the dribble.

J. Johnson - bigger more athletic than Moody. More all around scoring than him but not so in the 3pt area. More of a SF-PF than Moody's SG-SF

It really depends what teams value. Maybe in the mock they see teams that needs more J.Johnson/Barnes/Sengun type of players than the Moody, Bouknight, Keon type. Thus, his draft stock went down because his talent does not scream "pick me" over other considerations.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#155 » by Magic Mops » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:42 am

RookieStar wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

What? In the purely SG/SF aka wing position? Some examples

Wagner - 6'9 beats 6'6 in the wing position. Also he has the reputation of a do-it-all swiss knife and that includes defense. Sure the 3pt shooting ability is less than Moody but if you have a team full of shooters already, then why not?

Bouknight - he might be an inch shorter and slotted in the SG spot only but he has crazy athleticism over Moody and more importantly he is can drive as well as shoot.. maybe not as well as Moody but his driving skill can beat his defender off the dribble.

J. Johnson - bigger more athletic than Moody. More all around scoring than him but not so in the 3pt area. More of a SF-PF than Moody's SG-SF

It really depends what teams value. Maybe in the mock they see teams that needs more J.Johnson/Barnes/Sengun type of players than the Moody, Bouknight, Keon type. Thus, his draft stock went down because his talent does not scream "pick me" over other considerations.

Yes i meant in the SG/SF wing positions.

I like Wagner a lot.
But i would more than ok with Moody.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#156 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Newest Mock Draft

drsd
RealGM

Post#157 » by drsd » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Magic Mops wrote:

Newest Mock Draft

I would be very happy with that outcome.

Magic Mops
Junior

Post#158 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:04 pm

drsd wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:

Newest Mock Draft

Me too
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#159 » by The Effect » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 pm

drsd wrote:
Magic Mops wrote:

Newest Mock Draft

Im not a big barnes fan (another overrated defensive FSU player with no offensive skills), but As ive said all offseason, any draft that lands us Green sounds great to me
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,662

Post#160 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:54 am

Is Barnes Ben Simmons 2.0?

Return to Orlando Magic