ImageImageImageImage

New Mock Draft

Moderators: Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior

User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 7,441
And1: 7,436
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#21 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:36 am

The Effect wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced.

If we were basing it on whats currently on the roster (which isnt anything we should be doing with current roster), id say we're more set in the backcourt than at PF

those 2 position are more "set" than PF


This league is run by playmakers. Get a playmaker with a top 5 pick.


WHile true, its not that simple

Lets say that you have a time machine and go forward and see that these guys reach their top potential and they end up mimicking the 2012 Draft
Mobley = AD
Green = Beal
Suggs = Dame

Who do you take?
The cold blooded leader
The elite 3 level scorer
the best PF in the NBA


Considering AD couldn’t ever get far enough with a somewhat capable roster in New Orleans for being “the best PF in the nba”, I’m taking Dame (Suggs) and Beal (Green) hands down. Their rosters are garbage and still made it just as far if not consistently further than any of Davis’ teams before joining up with Lebron. If Denver or Philadelphia win the championship, I’ll eat ALL the crow. Pretty easy bet considering I’m fairly certain it won’t happen.
nicnac215
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,492
And1: 424
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Location: Southern California

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#22 » by nicnac215 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:51 am

The Effect wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced.

If we were basing it on whats currently on the roster (which isnt anything we should be doing with current roster), id say we're more set in the backcourt than at PF

those 2 position are more "set" than PF


This league is run by playmakers. Get a playmaker with a top 5 pick.


WHile true, its not that simple

Lets say that you have a time machine and go forward and see that these guys reach their top potential and they end up mimicking the 2012 Draft
Mobley = AD
Green = Beal
Suggs = Dame

Who do you take?
The cold blooded leader
The elite 3 level scorer
the best PF in the NBA

In this scenario I’m asking myself firstly why is Suggs who is an avg at best 3pt shooter compared to Dame. Secondly if those comparisons were to come true who would I want paired most with Isaac.... To me that is Green, then Mobley, then Suggs. Mobley is growing on me a lot, and I am convinced it is worth it to trade a lot of future assets to get Mobley if our pick goes 1 or 2, and Chi goes to us. #8-10+2023 Chi 1st, 2025 Den 1st, 2022 Orl 1st top 5 protected, 2024 Orlando 1st top 3 protected, and one of Bamba or WCJ.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#23 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:16 am

Mobley is most likely better prospect with more upside and star potential than anbody on this draft outside of maybe Green & Cade.

Also Magic don't have starting level center . They have 2 bodies. Wendell, who is injury prone, and Bamba who is injury prone and simply awful basketball player.

I won't be mad if they draft Mobley at all. I don't like idea of drafting centers/ PFs in lottery, but it's clear drop-off in talent between one Mobley and James Bouknight or Scottie Barnes. It's like deciding you will pass on Porzingis because of position, and you will draft Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, because you need different position more.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#24 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:32 am

MagicMatic wrote:
The Effect wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
This league is run by playmakers. Get a playmaker with a top 5 pick.


WHile true, its not that simple

Lets say that you have a time machine and go forward and see that these guys reach their top potential and they end up mimicking the 2012 Draft
Mobley = AD
Green = Beal
Suggs = Dame

Who do you take?
The cold blooded leader
The elite 3 level scorer
the best PF in the NBA


Considering AD couldn’t ever get far enough with a somewhat capable roster in New Orleans for being “the best PF in the nba”, I’m taking Dame (Suggs) and Beal (Green) hands down. Their rosters are garbage and still made it just as far if not consistently further than any of Davis’ teams before joining up with Lebron. If Denver or Philadelphia win the championship, I’ll eat ALL the crow. Pretty easy bet considering I’m fairly certain it won’t happen.


This is very flawed analogy.
Only one among 3 of them, won championship. It's Davis. And sure you can make a spin and pretend he wasn't as important as Lebron, but that will simply be false at this stage, especially knowing what happend to Lakers after he got hurt this year. Lost in first round, outscored by 50 points when Davis was out.

Beal, as best player, never went anywhere but in lottery or first round exit. On East. And as second best player, behind Wall, also got nowhere.

Lillard has been eliminated from playoffs in first rounds 4 times in last 5 years. Matter of fact, in 2018 Davis led Pelicans swept him in first round.


All things considered, Mobley has much,much more chance reaching Davis level than Suggs has reaching Dame's or Green reaching Beal's.

Where in theory i'm not crazy about idea of drafting PF/Cs in lottery, and i would probably take Green and Suggs over Mobley today, this does not mean that in nba, it's more likely that Mobley turns into most valuable player from this draft.
Lenghty, defensive, switchable, talented on offense players are simply valuable. Where you can find 10 great and additional 10 very good point guards and shooting guards. On other side of a spectrum, bigs who are two way stars are very,very rare.

If Denver or Philadelphia win the championship, I’ll eat ALL the crow. Pretty easy bet considering I’m fairly certain it won’t happen

They probably won't because in era of fabricated superteams among "buddy stars" they are yet to join forces with another megastar(s). That does not make them less valuable. If one Jokic, tomarrow goes to Clippers, they are instant favorite to win it all next 3 years. But he won't do it yet because he is not b*** like other stars todays are.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 29,791
And1: 5,287
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#25 » by drsd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:38 am

nicnac215 wrote:Also Magic don't have starting level center . They have 2 bodies. Wendell, who is injury prone, and Bamba who is injury prone and simply awful basketball player.


I agree with this strongly, but ...

I don't like idea of drafting centers ... .



... it is very hard for me to accept the Magic putting effort into the C slot in this draft. Look at the Bulls pick. That could lead to Kai Jones. But I really old not be happy with that outcome (or Şengün for that matter).

My dream is that the Magic come out of this draft with a scoring SG and a combo-wing. The SRP can be for a big.


..
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,900
And1: 2,303
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#26 » by Rainwater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:55 am

pepe1991 wrote:I won't be mad if they draft Mobley at all. I don't like idea of drafting centers/ PFs in lottery, but it's clear drop-off in talent between one Mobley and James Bouknight or Scottie Barnes. It's like deciding you will pass on Porzingis because of position, and you will draft Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, because you need different position more.


I think the the majority of people would say take the BPA and that should always be the case. If Mobley is that guy you better take him. However, in today's league you need somebody who is a creator and could score on the perimeter and the magic have struggled finding that since T-Mac. And even if you have that big you still will need that guy on perimeter. Be it Joker with Murray and MPJ or Embiid with Simmons and Harris (to a lesser extent). Yes, draft Mobley he definitely is the second best player in the draft but for the sake of me please pair him up with a good perimeter player.
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 11,637
And1: 2,572
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#27 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:09 am

Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I won't be mad if they draft Mobley at all. I don't like idea of drafting centers/ PFs in lottery, but it's clear drop-off in talent between one Mobley and James Bouknight or Scottie Barnes. It's like deciding you will pass on Porzingis because of position, and you will draft Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, because you need different position more.


I think the the majority of people would say take the BPA and that should always be the case. If Mobley is that guy you better take him. However, in today's league you need somebody who is a creator and could score on the perimeter and the magic have struggled finding since T-Mac. And even if you you have that big you still will need that guy on perimeter. Be it Joker with Murray and MPJ or Embiid with Simmons and Harris (to a lesser extent). Yes, draft Mobley he definitely the second best player in the draft but for the sake of me please pair him up with a good perimeter player.


I agree we have struggled because we didnt havr a playmaker but I disagree that Tmac was our last playmaker. Are the new generation of magic fans forgetting Turkey-glue? Sure he might have been overshadowed by the stardom of D12 or the scoring prowess of Ra$$$hard but the guy could create moresp than our pg at that time.

So yeah, we were more succesful when we had a very good to elite playmaker and whatever position may that be.. we take that guy.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#28 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:09 am

Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I won't be mad if they draft Mobley at all. I don't like idea of drafting centers/ PFs in lottery, but it's clear drop-off in talent between one Mobley and James Bouknight or Scottie Barnes. It's like deciding you will pass on Porzingis because of position, and you will draft Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, because you need different position more.


I think the the majority of people would say take the BPA and that should always be the case. If Mobley is that guy you better take him. However, in today's league you need somebody who is a creator and could score on the perimeter and the magic have struggled finding since T-Mac. And even if you you have that big you still will need that guy on perimeter. Be it Joker with Murray and MPJ or Embiid with Simmons and Harris (to a lesser extent). Yes, draft Mobley he definitely the second best player in the draft but for the sake of me please pair him up with a good perimeter player.


Since i highly doubt we are going anywhere but in deep lottery next year, drafting BPA , if that's Mobley this year, is fine, if they are sold on idea they can find actual ballhandler/scorer next draft OR trade for one.

If Magic have let's say 4th pick, and Cade, Green & Suggs are gone, Mobley is no brainer.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
Magic Mops
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 29
Joined: May 24, 2021
     

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#29 » by Magic Mops » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:18 am

https://dailyknicks.com/2021/06/06/2021-nba-draft-mock-draft-2-knicks/amp/2/


Newest Mock

Magic get the 1st pick and draft Cade Cunningham.
With the 8th pick the Magic take Jalen Johnson.

Not really a fan of Johnson but i would have to live with it.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 29,791
And1: 5,287
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#30 » by drsd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:26 am

RookieStar wrote:So yeah, we were more succesful when we had a very good to elite playmaker and whatever position may that be.. we take that guy.


Orlando drafts 2, 8 and 33 and selects: Evan Mobley, Moses Moody and Isaiah Jackson. And resigns Wagner.


2021/22 Starting night would look like:
Anthony/Hampton/Fultz(IR)
Harris/Moody/Bacon
Isaac/Ross/Carter-Williams
Okeke/Mobley/Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Jackson

Next year, after Hampton and Moody duke it out to be the starting SG, (and I will give the nod to Hampton), the 2022/23 "Core" becomes:
Fultz/Anthony
Hampton/Moody
Isaac
Mobley/Okeke
Carter/Bamba/Jackson

There are some deck-chairs to shuffle, like converting either Carter or Bamba and another asset to a quality starting C. And signing a handful of vets. But I really like that 2022/23 roster to make the playoffs.

..
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,537
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#31 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:34 pm

drsd wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Also Magic don't have starting level center . They have 2 bodies. Wendell, who is injury prone, and Bamba who is injury prone and simply awful basketball player.


I agree with this strongly, but ...

I don't like idea of drafting centers ... .



... it is very hard for me to accept the Magic putting effort into the C slot in this draft. Look at the Bulls pick. That could lead to Kai Jones. But I really old not be happy with that outcome (or Şengün for that matter).

My dream is that the Magic come out of this draft with a scoring SG and a combo-wing. The SRP can be for a big.


..

this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#32 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:59 pm

tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Also Magic don't have starting level center . They have 2 bodies. Wendell, who is injury prone, and Bamba who is injury prone and simply awful basketball player.


I agree with this strongly, but ...

I don't like idea of drafting centers ... .



... it is very hard for me to accept the Magic putting effort into the C slot in this draft. Look at the Bulls pick. That could lead to Kai Jones. But I really old not be happy with that outcome (or Şengün for that matter).

My dream is that the Magic come out of this draft with a scoring SG and a combo-wing. The SRP can be for a big.


..

this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions


Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 7,441
And1: 7,436
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#33 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
The Effect wrote:
WHile true, its not that simple

Lets say that you have a time machine and go forward and see that these guys reach their top potential and they end up mimicking the 2012 Draft
Mobley = AD
Green = Beal
Suggs = Dame

Who do you take?
The cold blooded leader
The elite 3 level scorer
the best PF in the NBA


Considering AD couldn’t ever get far enough with a somewhat capable roster in New Orleans for being “the best PF in the nba”, I’m taking Dame (Suggs) and Beal (Green) hands down. Their rosters are garbage and still made it just as far if not consistently further than any of Davis’ teams before joining up with Lebron. If Denver or Philadelphia win the championship, I’ll eat ALL the crow. Pretty easy bet considering I’m fairly certain it won’t happen.


This is very flawed analogy.
Only one among 3 of them, won championship. It's Davis. And sure you can make a spin and pretend he wasn't as important as Lebron, but that will simply be false at this stage, especially knowing what happend to Lakers after he got hurt this year. Lost in first round, outscored by 50 points when Davis was out.

Beal, as best player, never went anywhere but in lottery or first round exit. On East. And as second best player, behind Wall, also got nowhere.

Lillard has been eliminated from playoffs in first rounds 4 times in last 5 years. Matter of fact, in 2018 Davis led Pelicans swept him in first round.


All things considered, Mobley has much,much more chance reaching Davis level than Suggs has reaching Dame's or Green reaching Beal's.

Where in theory i'm not crazy about idea of drafting PF/Cs in lottery, and i would probably take Green and Suggs over Mobley today, this does not mean that in nba, it's more likely that Mobley turns into most valuable player from this draft.
Lenghty, defensive, switchable, talented on offense players are simply valuable. Where you can find 10 great and additional 10 very good point guards and shooting guards. On other side of a spectrum, bigs who are two way stars are very,very rare.

If Denver or Philadelphia win the championship, I’ll eat ALL the crow. Pretty easy bet considering I’m fairly certain it won’t happen

They probably won't because in era of fabricated superteams among "buddy stars" they are yet to join forces with another megastar(s). That does not make them less valuable. If one Jokic, tomarrow goes to Clippers, they are instant favorite to win it all next 3 years. But he won't do it yet because he is not b*** like other stars todays are.


It wasn’t really my analogy in the first place. I just played along with it.

Basically the logic goes like this -

You don’t need to spend a top 5 lottery pick on a big man to win in today’s league. You need playmakers to win. Having good bigs is undoubtedly important, but not essential. Therefore, why would you spend a top 5 pick on one? Wouldn’t logic tell you to spend every “more important” pick on playmakers and the less risky ones on bigs?

Mobley could be the next AD and it wouldn’t mean **** to Orlando if he becomes our next best player. Why? Because they still lack a playmaker and go-to guy to close out games. Orlando finally has a shot at a #1-#5 pick and people can’t wait to justify grooming another big for 7 years before they walk to LA. No thanks, get a player that will draw in talent and we can build a modern offense around for once.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,537
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#34 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:21 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
I agree with this strongly, but ...




... it is very hard for me to accept the Magic putting effort into the C slot in this draft. Look at the Bulls pick. That could lead to Kai Jones. But I really old not be happy with that outcome (or Şengün for that matter).

My dream is that the Magic come out of this draft with a scoring SG and a combo-wing. The SRP can be for a big.


..

this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions


Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.

you took things to a personal level, not engaging with you
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#35 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:59 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions


Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.

you took things to a personal level, not engaging with you


You did to, many people before,arguing with me, did. I was called troll because i hated Elfrid Payton. It's basketball forum and there is nothing personal between strangers typing messages about basketball to each other. I argue opinions, i don't care about your or anybody else bealifs.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,537
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#36 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.

you took things to a personal level, not engaging with you


You did to, many people before,arguing with me, did. I was called troll because i hated Elfrid Payton. It's basketball forum and there is nothing personal between strangers typing messages about basketball to each other. I argue opinions, i don't care about your or anybody else bealifs.

you are the one calling it a @#$%$ measuring contest. just put me on your foe list. I dont want to see you quoting me or engaging any of my posts.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#37 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:you took things to a personal level, not engaging with you


You did to, many people before,arguing with me, did. I was called troll because i hated Elfrid Payton. It's basketball forum and there is nothing personal between strangers typing messages about basketball to each other. I argue opinions, i don't care about your or anybody else bealifs.

you are the one calling it a @#$%$ measuring contest. just put me on your foe list. I dont want to see you quoting me or engaging any of my posts.


It was. you pretending you are 100% right about everything all the time.
Foeing somebody because he called you out is hilarious.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,900
And1: 2,303
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#38 » by Rainwater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:15 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I won't be mad if they draft Mobley at all. I don't like idea of drafting centers/ PFs in lottery, but it's clear drop-off in talent between one Mobley and James Bouknight or Scottie Barnes. It's like deciding you will pass on Porzingis because of position, and you will draft Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, because you need different position more.


I think the the majority of people would say take the BPA and that should always be the case. If Mobley is that guy you better take him. However, in today's league you need somebody who is a creator and could score on the perimeter and the magic have struggled finding since T-Mac. And even if you you have that big you still will need that guy on perimeter. Be it Joker with Murray and MPJ or Embiid with Simmons and Harris (to a lesser extent). Yes, draft Mobley he definitely the second best player in the draft but for the sake of me please pair him up with a good perimeter player.


I agree we have struggled because we didnt havr a playmaker but I disagree that Tmac was our last playmaker. Are the new generation of magic fans forgetting Turkey-glue? Sure he might have been overshadowed by the stardom of D12 or the scoring prowess of Ra$$$hard but the guy could create moresp than our pg at that time.

So yeah, we were more succesful when we had a very good to elite playmaker and whatever position may that be.. we take that guy.


Lol, I have been around since the Shaq and Penny days. I always thought guys like Nelson and Hedo over played their actual abilities and were kinda a fluke hence why that team didn't enjoy more success. They only played at that level for a season or two. The team never had a consistent scoring threat since T-Mac.
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,900
And1: 2,303
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#39 » by Rainwater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:19 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
I agree with this strongly, but ...




... it is very hard for me to accept the Magic putting effort into the C slot in this draft. Look at the Bulls pick. That could lead to Kai Jones. But I really old not be happy with that outcome (or Şengün for that matter).

My dream is that the Magic come out of this draft with a scoring SG and a combo-wing. The SRP can be for a big.


..

this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions


Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.


Isn't LBJ a wing player?
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,337
And1: 11,743
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#40 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:46 pm

Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:this. you can win with avg player at center, you cant with avg players at your guard/wing positions


Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Pope
Rondo
JR Smith

2019- 20 Lakers guard rotation on championship roster.

You can win with every position being average or even below average as long as your superstars are good enough to carry.
It's easier to build roster around superstar wing like Durant or Kawhi or Lebron, but it doesn't change fact that likes of Lavine, Beal, star SGs or Chris Paul , Westbrook, Lillard, Wall ( in past) never achived anything as best players despite playing " more impacful" positions than bigs.

In context or Orlando, Mobley isn't best pick, but in terms of highest upside, it's no secret he is better than anybody you can draft if Green & Cade are gone.


Isn't LBJ a wing player?


Me and him went into heated debate about importance of role players. I called them disposable, he said they are very important.
My orginal point, during our fight was that superstars are only thing that matters when it comes to building team.

Lebron and Davis matter, others , imo, were movable peaces ,hence, they removed basically whole bench from one year to another.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.

Return to Orlando Magic