ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Trade Thread?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Knightro, SOUL, UCF, Def Swami

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
Posts: 10,446
And1: 7,833
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
         

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#161 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Skybox wrote:Thinking realistically about what you hope for at 8…name a 1 or 2 year vet you’d trade for. Perhaps a guy who is suddenly buried on the depth chart or just hasn’t busted out yet, for whatever reason. I like a somewhat proven commodity if I can over a 18 or 19 yr old project…obviously, there are limits to the compromise but…

If SGA is in any way available, I’d throw a bunch of picks - he’s a star.
I’d happily trade 8 for NAW
I’d take a hard look at Vassell for 8
I’d send 8 for Saddiq Bey in a second if DET had a wild hair
I’d do some investigation into Cam Reddish for 8 (my Biyombo playoff crush :wink: )
Is there more to Nesmith than BOS has seen? What could they add?

Any others in this category?
Remember, you can value additional year(s) of rookie scale but dont undervalue someone else spending a year or two of breaking these babies into the NBA reality- they might be ready to bloom.


Cam Reddish is the only interesting prospect to consider imo.

Even then I'll try my luck with Mosses Moody or Sengun.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Magic_Kingdom
Senior
Posts: 631
And1: 513
Joined: Jun 14, 2015
         

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#162 » by Magic_Kingdom » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:56 pm

I don't see a team in the top 3 trading down in this draft. You don't trade a potential/predicted star for multiple second-tier picks.

I think it is more likely the Magic trade down or out to acquire a veteran asset. Why add another young player if you're not excited about them and there is very little chance they develop into a star? How many young projects can you fit onto this roster? Are Kuminga, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz, Hampton and Okeke all going to develop simultaneously?

So I'm going out on a limb to say they trade the #5 pick, but not to move up. I think that is why they have allowed the pre-draft workouts and interviews to be more public than normal this year. They want teams below them to know they may take Barnes, Kispert, etc. If I'm not mistaken Weltman has kept these things more quiet in the past. Just a hunch. Could be wrong of course.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
Posts: 10,446
And1: 7,833
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
         

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#163 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:22 pm

I really think the middle of this lottery is being vastly overlooked. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I wouldn't mind trading for another lottery pick while KEEPING our other two.

If we can somehow trade for NOP'S #10 or Indiana's #13 and draft/stash Sengun I think it will pay dividends.

How bad does NOP want to get rid of Bledsoe?

Terrence Ross
#33
Future SRP

for

Eric Bledsoe
#10

Wishful thinking?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Slim Charless
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,758
And1: 2,336
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#164 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
The Effect wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah man, every year come draft time...........I almost wish i could just mute FSU fans haha
What was funny was last year everyone hyping Vassell like he was the second coming of Kawhi, and then on draft day, it was actually patrick williams who went high, not vassel


What's going on guys. Suns fan here wandering in on the conversation.

I've had a few different talks with guys in the Suns forum over Mikal. I'm of the opinion that Robert Sarver (our owner) won't green light the kinda big deal that Bridges will want. We're gonna have Booker, CP3 and Ayton all making 30M+ a year and I don't see us paying another 20-30M that Mikal will want.

I think he's an awesome player who is almost the perfect 3 and D in today's game and will likely make an all defense team as soon as next year. He also can hit the 3 and a great clip. You guys seem to need a SF, so I wanted to see what the opinion was for trading him for your #5?

The Suns would be hoping that Suggs is there to be our CP3 replacement and to help carry the 2nd unit when he sits.

Loved Mikal his draft and a few of us wanted to draft him over Bamba that summer. I counter your offer with #8?

with the dilemma you guys are in, any talks about letting CP leave and maybe rolling with Payne and keeping Mikal?


I don't see it as CP3 has meant too much to the city and team. The rumored 3/100M deal he wants will lower our cap hit and give us more $$$$. Only prob for Mikal is he is 2nd in line behind Ayton's near guaranteed max deal.

I'd still say no to the 8th as it wouldn't get us Suggs, but I'd be guessing our pick can go to you if he's there. So it'd be Bridges and the 29th for 5th....? (Provided Suggs is there)
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#165 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:49 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
You know I like you Nyce, but yall FSU fans are on some wild drugs man.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah man, every year come draft time...........I almost wish i could just mute FSU fans haha
What was funny was last year everyone hyping Vassell like he was the second coming of Kawhi, and then on draft day, it was actually patrick williams who went high, not vassel


What's going on guys. Suns fan here wandering in on the conversation.

I've had a few different talks with guys in the Suns forum over Mikal. I'm of the opinion that Robert Sarver (our owner) won't green light the kinda big deal that Bridges will want. We're gonna have Booker, CP3 and Ayton all making 30M+ a year and I don't see us paying another 20-30M that Mikal will want.

I think he's an awesome player who is almost the perfect 3 and D in today's game and will likely make an all defense team as soon as next year. He also can hit the 3 and a great clip. You guys seem to need a SF, so I wanted to see what the opinion was for trading him for your #5?

The Suns would be hoping that Suggs is there to be our CP3 replacement and to help carry the 2nd unit when he sits.

Mikal for #5? i was a fan of his and wanted us to draft him instead of Bamba.

but he gets a new deal after next year, he gets a new deal and im hearing max thrown around (at least $20mil+/yr). He is not close to a max deal player. a close to max deal player doesnt score 4 pts last night and avg'ing 11/4 for the playoffs. no thanks. he is a good player, but a good role player. he is that guy you fill in when you have your main 1-2 core pieces to build around.

i use #5 and #8 for the BPA's. there are some really good players and could breakout.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#166 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
What's going on guys. Suns fan here wandering in on the conversation.

I've had a few different talks with guys in the Suns forum over Mikal. I'm of the opinion that Robert Sarver (our owner) won't green light the kinda big deal that Bridges will want. We're gonna have Booker, CP3 and Ayton all making 30M+ a year and I don't see us paying another 20-30M that Mikal will want.

I think he's an awesome player who is almost the perfect 3 and D in today's game and will likely make an all defense team as soon as next year. He also can hit the 3 and a great clip. You guys seem to need a SF, so I wanted to see what the opinion was for trading him for your #5?

The Suns would be hoping that Suggs is there to be our CP3 replacement and to help carry the 2nd unit when he sits.

Loved Mikal his draft and a few of us wanted to draft him over Bamba that summer. I counter your offer with #8?

with the dilemma you guys are in, any talks about letting CP leave and maybe rolling with Payne and keeping Mikal?


I don't see it as CP3 has meant too much to the city and team. The rumored 3/100M deal he wants will lower our cap hit and give us more $$$$. Only prob for Mikal is he is 2nd in line behind Ayton's near guaranteed max deal.

I'd still say no to the 8th as it wouldn't get us Suggs, but I'd be guessing our pick can go to you if he's there. So it'd be Bridges and the 29th for 5th....? (Provided Suggs is there)

we can use #8 for Moody, a very similar player to Bridges. needs to work on his defense but is also 5 years younger and could develop it.
Nyce_1
RealGM
Posts: 11,948
And1: 5,482
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#167 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
What's going on guys. Suns fan here wandering in on the conversation.

I've had a few different talks with guys in the Suns forum over Mikal. I'm of the opinion that Robert Sarver (our owner) won't green light the kinda big deal that Bridges will want. We're gonna have Booker, CP3 and Ayton all making 30M+ a year and I don't see us paying another 20-30M that Mikal will want.

I think he's an awesome player who is almost the perfect 3 and D in today's game and will likely make an all defense team as soon as next year. He also can hit the 3 and a great clip. You guys seem to need a SF, so I wanted to see what the opinion was for trading him for your #5?

The Suns would be hoping that Suggs is there to be our CP3 replacement and to help carry the 2nd unit when he sits.

Loved Mikal his draft and a few of us wanted to draft him over Bamba that summer. I counter your offer with #8?

with the dilemma you guys are in, any talks about letting CP leave and maybe rolling with Payne and keeping Mikal?


I don't see it as CP3 has meant too much to the city and team. The rumored 3/100M deal he wants will lower our cap hit and give us more $$$$. Only prob for Mikal is he is 2nd in line behind Ayton's near guaranteed max deal.

I'd still say no to the 8th as it wouldn't get us Suggs, but I'd be guessing our pick can go to you if he's there. So it'd be Bridges and the 29th for 5th....? (Provided Suggs is there)

Would the suns be interested in Mitchell with #8? Him being older means he's likely more ready to contribute now.
Slim Charless
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,758
And1: 2,336
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#168 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Loved Mikal his draft and a few of us wanted to draft him over Bamba that summer. I counter your offer with #8?

with the dilemma you guys are in, any talks about letting CP leave and maybe rolling with Payne and keeping Mikal?


I don't see it as CP3 has meant too much to the city and team. The rumored 3/100M deal he wants will lower our cap hit and give us more $$$$. Only prob for Mikal is he is 2nd in line behind Ayton's near guaranteed max deal.

I'd still say no to the 8th as it wouldn't get us Suggs, but I'd be guessing our pick can go to you if he's there. So it'd be Bridges and the 29th for 5th....? (Provided Suggs is there)

Would the suns be interested in Mitchell with #8? Him being older means he's likely more ready to contribute now.


That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.
Nyce_1
RealGM
Posts: 11,948
And1: 5,482
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#169 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
I don't see it as CP3 has meant too much to the city and team. The rumored 3/100M deal he wants will lower our cap hit and give us more $$$$. Only prob for Mikal is he is 2nd in line behind Ayton's near guaranteed max deal.

I'd still say no to the 8th as it wouldn't get us Suggs, but I'd be guessing our pick can go to you if he's there. So it'd be Bridges and the 29th for 5th....? (Provided Suggs is there)

Would the suns be interested in Mitchell with #8? Him being older means he's likely more ready to contribute now.


That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#170 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:27 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Would the suns be interested in Mitchell with #8? Him being older means he's likely more ready to contribute now.


That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?

I cant see ORlando doing that. We already have Chuma in that role.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 4,036
And1: 1,661
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#171 » by The Effect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Would the suns be interested in Mitchell with #8? Him being older means he's likely more ready to contribute now.


That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?


In this scenario, i hang up the phone and draft Bouknight and call it a day

I agree that Bridges is a great glue guy and perfect 3 and D SF for us, but Bouknight might just be the 20+ ppg wing were been searching for. If GS passes on him, we need to stand pat and grab him and call it a successful day
ogmagicfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,344
And1: 687
Joined: Mar 30, 2014
     

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#172 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Timeline wise, trading for someone we’d give a max/near-max contract to at the beginning of a rebuild makes absolutely no sense, especially when factoring in we’d be giving up a top 10 pick in a deep draft who would be on a rookie contract.

This is how the Magic end back up in purgatory like we were for the past 8 years.
Slim Charless
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,758
And1: 2,336
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#173 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:59 pm

The Effect wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?


In this scenario, i hang up the phone and draft Bouknight and call it a day

I agree that Bridges is a great glue guy and perfect 3 and D SF for us, but Bouknight might just be the 20+ ppg wing were been searching for. If GS passes on him, we need to stand pat and grab him and call it a successful day


I think Bridges if he was put on a team w/o a go to scorer would average 20-27 a game easily. He's forced into being a lesser option with CP3 and Booker taking most of the perimeter shots on our team. With free reign, he's a MIP candidate and can be a scorer along with all NBA defense.

The only reason why he'd be available is due to us paying too much for our other guys. Our owner might feel a certain way about paying 4 guys a total of 110M.
Nyce_1
RealGM
Posts: 11,948
And1: 5,482
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#174 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?

I cant see ORlando doing that. We already have Chuma in that role.

is there a problem with having 2 players like that: 1 as a 2/3 frame and the other as a 3/4?
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 9,493
And1: 12,956
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#175 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:13 pm

I wouldn't say it's all FSU fans. I haven't been overly high on an FSU prospect since Isaac. Thought Williams needed another year. Liked Vassell but not as a lottery pick. Barnes is another prospect I'm pretty neutral on.

Isaac was and still is the best prospect we've ever had come out of the program.
Image
Slim Charless
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,758
And1: 2,336
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#176 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:20 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
That's a possibility I guess, but I think he's a lock for the Dubs. As they need a rookie who can contribute right now as well. If they keep that pick I don't see them passing on him.

so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?

I cant see ORlando doing that. We already have Chuma in that role.


Not that I'm trash talking your player, but I didn't think that Chuma is very comparable, though he is a nice, young player.

Personally, I think you guys will be pretty good next year BTW.

Fultz and Isaac will be back and your coach is supposed to be pretty good. Adding a player like Mikal could honestly push you guys into playoffs easily and maybe further as I think even w/o him you'll be well above .500 next season.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#177 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:21 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:I wouldn't say it's all FSU fans. I haven't been overly high on an FSU prospect since Isaac. Thought Williams needed another year. Liked Vassell but not as a lottery pick. Barnes is another prospect I'm pretty neutral on.

Isaac was and still is the best prospect we've ever had come out of the program.


Beasley arguably better.
Sam Cassell
Dave Cowens

unless you meant FSU players Orlando had
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#178 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:so, for the sake of argument, if Mitchell is there at 8 and Orlando is on the clock, do you deal Mikal for #8?

I cant see ORlando doing that. We already have Chuma in that role.


Not that I'm trash talking your player, but I didn't think that Chuma is very comparable, though he is a nice, young player.

Personally, I think you guys will be pretty good next year BTW.

Fultz and Isaac will be back and your coach is supposed to be pretty good. Adding a player like Mikal could honestly push you guys into playoffs easily and maybe further as I think even w/o him you'll be well above .500 next season.

we arent ready to be using top picks for a player like Bridges who is due a massive pay day.

Fultz likely isnt the long term solution at PG, until he shows he can shoot. Isaac cant stay healthy played less than 2 seasons over 4 years.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 9,493
And1: 12,956
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#179 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm

tiderulz wrote:Beasley arguably better.
Sam Cassell
Dave Cowens

unless you meant FSU players Orlando had

The keyword was prospect. In reference to how impactful I anticipated him being at the NBA level. Cowens/Cassell had better college careers and have had better NBA careers thus far but that wasn't the point of my post. Isaac was clearly a better prospect than Beasley imo.

Cowens was before my time but I realize there is a case to be made for him being the best prospect to ever come out of the school. There's no denying that he's certainly the best player.
Image
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,229
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#180 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:14 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Beasley arguably better.
Sam Cassell
Dave Cowens

unless you meant FSU players Orlando had

The keyword was prospect. In reference to how impactful I anticipated him being at the NBA level. Cowens/Cassell had better college careers and have had better NBA careers thus far but that wasn't the point of my post. Isaac was clearly a better prospect than Beasley imo.

Cowens was before my time but I realize there is a case to be made for him being the best prospect to ever come out of the school. There's no denying that he's certainly the best player.

i guess i still dont know exactly what you are saying then

Return to Orlando Magic