ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Trade Thread?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,321

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#181 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 pm

Outside of potentially Cowens I believe Isaac is the best NBA prospect to ever come out of FSU. That does not mean he has had the best NBA career of any FSU player so far or that he had a better college career than Cowens/Cassell . I don't know how to simplify it any more than that.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,246

Post#182 » by Bensational » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:53 am

What about this:

ORL
in: #10 + #16 + Bledsoe
out: #8 + Ross

OKC
in: #8
out: #16 + #18

NOP
in: Ross + #18
out: Bledsoe + #10

We move Bledsoe during free agency when a contender will hopefully take him off us. Pels free up room and cap space for Lonzo and NAW, and add more shooting. They only drop back 8 spots, though if they pushed for 16 instead of 18 I’d still do it.

We ‘reach’ on a guy at 10, like Giddey, Mann, Sengun and then grab another good prospect from the mid 1st, like Garuba, Thor, Dosunmu or Cooper.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#183 » by drsd » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 am

Bensational wrote:What about this:

ORL
in: #10 + #16 + Bledsoe
out: #8 + Ross

OKC
in: #8
out: #16 + #18

NOP
in: Ross + #18
out: Bledsoe + #10

We move Bledsoe during free agency when a contender will hopefully take him off us. Pels free up room and cap space for Lonzo and NAW, and add more shooting. They only drop back 8 spots, though if they pushed for 16 instead of 18 I’d still do it.

We ‘reach’ on a guy at 10, like Giddey, Mann, Sengun and then grab another good prospect from the mid 1st, like Garuba, Thor, Dosunmu or Cooper.

If Moody is drafted at #7, I am all for this trade. At that point, I see no difference in whatever I-can't-shoot forward that is on offer, and adding a solid back-up like Bouknight or Giddey at #16 is icing here. And what if Wagner slides to #16??? This could be a very good trade for Orlando.

The thought that worries me is that Orlando might end up with two of the I-can't-shoot forwards in this trade. Then what?

orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,648

Post#184 » by orlando_joe » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:14 pm

if front office is not sold on jk or barnes how about
5 plus 33 and ross might have to make it wcj if gs has nothing to match money.. for 7 and 14 and take back looney can waive him..do they want a green replacement in barnes or jk ? or could trade 5 for better win now player..get ross to help with win now help not pushing klay min? or wcj can help now and push wiseman

one of moody,brouknight will be there at 7..if both there take both at 7 and 8..if jk or barnes not taken you take both left 1 of barnes or jk and 1 of moody or brouknight and get 14 to add solid pick much better then 33 ...could even try to see if kings bite on 14 and wcj for 9 and bagley ..waive him to...lol
if front office not sold on barnes or jk..still walk away with player they want at 7 and pick up 14 were you pick bpa that drops should be solid prospect there
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#185 » by jonbob17 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:54 pm

orlando_joe wrote:if front office is not sold on jk or barnes how about
5 plus 33 and ross might have to make it wcj if gs has nothing to match money.. for 7 and 14 and take back looney can waive him..do they want a green replacement in barnes or jk ? or could trade 5 for better win now player..get ross to help with win now help not pushing klay min? or wcj can help now and push wiseman

one of moody,brouknight will be there at 7..if both there take both at 7 and 8..if jk or barnes not taken you take both left 1 of barnes or jk and 1 of moody or brouknight and get 14 to add solid pick much better then 33 ...could even try to see if kings bite on 14 and wcj for 9 and bagley ..waive him to...lol
if front office not sold on barnes or jk..still walk away with player they want at 7 and pick up 14 were you pick bpa that drops should be solid prospect there

If its a coin flip between barnes and Kuminga and we want to add another rookie in mid first round, why not trade down one spot with OKC. They are said to be hot and heavy for Barnes. We could send them 5 for 6 & 19. If there is someone we like that should be available at 19, great, otherwise we could add 33 to 19 and potentially get into the back end of the lottery.

This front office has a lot of options, depending on who they value. If they have Bouknight or Sengun high on their boards, there are plenty of options to move back. I personally think they are going to pull the trigger on Barnes, but I am not sure who their models are are pointing to. So tough with so little data on a lot of these guys.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#186 » by The Effect » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 pm

How can we pull off a trade with the warriors

Im sure they would love to get Barnes to eventually replace Draymond
Wonder if we can get them to agree to a trade along the lines of

5+33+WCjr (or bamba) for 7 and Wiseman

Then we can leave draft day with
a guard - Bouknight (7)
a Wing - Jalen Johnson (8)
a big man - Wiseman

I know its a long shot, but to me that sounds so much better having to settle for Barnes or Kuminga
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 571

Post#187 » by MasterGMer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:40 am

Will this get it done?

Orlando: 5, 8, Fultz, Bamba

Detroit: 1 + Fillers
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 571

Post#188 » by MasterGMer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:46 am

Do you think the team might trade up while keeping our NO.5 pick? So that we can pick Scottie Barnes
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,090

Post#189 » by thelead » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:52 am

MasterGMer wrote:Do you think the team might trade up while keeping our NO.5 pick? So that we can pick Scottie Barnes

definitely not happening
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#190 » by nicnac215 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:52 am

MasterGMer wrote:Will this get it done?

Replace Fultz with RJ and I think it does
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,962

Post#191 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:25 am

No it will not. Few reasons why:

1. Probably 1 or 2 picks short. It's should take 5 + another pick to jump 2 spots. To jump 4(!!!) spots will take some more sweet draft compensation.
2. Fultz barely had value before his injury. Add 1 torn ACL + new expensive contract = zero value. May even be seen as a negative value deal. Including him in any package isn't a positive asset.
3. Mo is probably worth a late 1st or two 2nds.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Post#192 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:16 pm

if you were in reverse position and had #1 would you trade it for 5 and 8? likely not.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:06 pm

Here’s my ultimate trade back deal:

5 for 7 + 14

8 for 16 + 18

Bamba + Ross for 10 + filler

Draft

7 - Giddey
10 - Mann
14 - Thor
16 - Garuba
18 - Murphy/Dosunmu

Garuba/WCJ
Isaac/Thor
Giddey/Okeke
(Murphy/Dosunmu)/RJ
Mann/Cole/Fultz

That’s a whole new lineup of players, but most entering knowing their strengths and early roles. We add a big boost of shooting to the backcourt, plus a defender to take the best perimeter guy, we add defense and potential 3pt stretching in the front court. We add a playmaker who can pull all those pieces together.

I think all of them outperform the guys picked from 8 onwards, maybe even some looking top 5 worthy.
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#194 » by GatorbaitDD » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:26 pm

This isn't NBA 2k, no team is going to bring on 5 rookies in 1 class lol
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by Bensational » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:57 pm

GatorbaitDD wrote:This isn't NBA 2k, no team is going to bring on 5 rookies in 1 class lol

No reason they couldn’t operate that way. If the name of the game is turning over players until you find a star, why not do it all in one fell swoop? Are we expecting big gains from Isaac, Fultz, Bamba, WCJ?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,166

Post#196 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Bensational wrote:Here’s my ultimate trade back deal:

5 for 7 + 14

8 for 16 + 18

Draft

7 - Giddey
10 - Mann
14 - Thor
16 - Garuba
18 - Murphy/Dosunmu

Garuba/WCJ
Isaac/Thor
Giddey/Okeke
(Murphy/Dosunmu)/RJ
Mann/Cole/Fultz

That’s a whole new lineup of players, but most entering knowing their strengths and early roles. We add a big boost of shooting to the backcourt, plus a defender to take the best perimeter guy, we add defense and potential 3pt stretching in the front court. We add a playmaker who can pull all those pieces together.

I think all of them outperform the guys picked from 8 onwards, maybe even some looking top 5 worthy.

Why don't you trade Ross for a late 1st

And trade Ji and chuma to okc for all their 1st Pick so we can draft 15 rookies?
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
jvdas
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#197 » by jvdas » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:27 pm

5 for 7 + 14

8 for 16 + 18

Draft

7 - Giddey
10 - Mann
14 - Thor
16 - Garuba
18 - Murphy/Dosunmu

Garuba/WCJ
Isaac/Thor
Giddey/Okeke
(Murphy/Dosunmu)/RJ
Mann/Cole/Fultz

If this is an actual serious proposal, then it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

This team could seriously contend with the Bobcats for the worst record in NBA history, in addition it's completely delusional because stuff like that happens only in 2K.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#198 » by Bensational » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:01 pm

jvdas wrote:

5 for 7 + 14

8 for 16 + 18

Draft

7 - Giddey
10 - Mann
14 - Thor
16 - Garuba
18 - Murphy/Dosunmu

Garuba/WCJ
Isaac/Thor
Giddey/Okeke
(Murphy/Dosunmu)/RJ
Mann/Cole/Fultz

If this is an actual serious proposal, then it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

This team could seriously contend with the Bobcats for the worst record in NBA history, in addition it's completely delusional because stuff like that happens only in 2K.

We’re talking on a discussion board - it’s delusional to think we’re shopping legit trade proposals here. Email Hammond if you wanna get serious :dontknow:
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#199 » by Creativetran » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Detroit laughs and hangs up then continues to laugh at us afterwards
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#200 » by The Effect » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 pm

5 for 7 + 14

8 for 16 + 18

Draft

7 - Giddey
10 - Mann
14 - Thor
16 - Garuba
18 - Murphy/Dosunmu

Garuba/WCJ
Isaac/Thor
Giddey/Okeke
(Murphy/Dosunmu)/RJ
Mann/Cole/Fultz

I see, going after quantity over quality huh?
Cause i dint see one starting level player in that bunch outside of maybe Mann, and would honestly rather have Bamba than anyone you had us drafting

Return to Orlando Magic