ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Trade Thread?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#201 » by The Effect » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:10 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Will this get it done?

Orlando: 5, 8, Fultz, Bamba

Detroit: 1 + Fillers

Replace Fultz with RJ and I think it does

I doubt the different between a yes and a no is RJ, hes a nice player and im happy to have him, but hes not the differerence maker in this trade

Creativetran wrote:Detroit laughs and hangs up then continues to laugh at us afterwards

I doubt they would laugh it off, im betting thats more than any offer they are getting, but they would still say no. I cant see a realistic trade being made with detroit for that pick. They have the potential of drafting a luka level prospect, they arent passing on that unless its for an established young star player
I think the only way they make a trade is if they really like sexton and the cavs offer sexton+3 (green or mobley) and probably another pick. But i dont see pistons doing that
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,082

Post#202 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 pm

The Effect wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Will this get it done?

Orlando: 5, 8, Fultz, Bamba

Detroit: 1 + Fillers

Replace Fultz with RJ and I think it does

I doubt the different between a yes and a no is RJ, hes a nice player and im happy to have him, but hes not the differerence maker in this trade

Creativetran wrote:Detroit laughs and hangs up then continues to laugh at us afterwards

I doubt they would laugh it off, im betting thats more than any offer they are getting, but they would still say no. I cant see a realistic trade being made with detroit for that pick. They have the potential of drafting a luka level prospect, they arent passing on that unless its for an established young star player
I think the only way they make a trade is if they really like sexton and the cavs offer sexton+3 (green or mobley) and probably another pick. But i dont see pistons doing that

Personally i think that's a lot for the 1st pick and fillers. Maybe that's because i'm really not sure as bullish on Cade Cunningham. Would love to have him... don't get me wrong... but the potential of those 4 players might be more than him. Yes that includes injured fultz and bamba. I might just have higher hopes for those two... and the separation between the 5th pick and cunningham... might not be as significant. I'd rather swing for the fences with Kuminga and keep the other assets.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#203 » by drsd » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:23 pm

ESPN has a opinion that #5, #8, and Okeke is fair value for #1 and Okafor.

If I was WeHamm, I would sign off on that trade.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#204 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:31 pm

drsd wrote:ESPN has a opinion that #5, #8, and Okeke is fair value for #1 and Okafor.

If I was WeHamm, I would sign off on that trade.

Personally that's an overpay. We saw the market price for trade-ups.. its usually a protected first , what that trade is a highway robbery.

U.S national media really likes screwing the MAgic. This is just like the dwightmare era where trade offers for Dwight was like a trade-in your toyota plus insurance and a spare key for a ferrari
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,464

Post#205 » by Skybox » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Had to go back 7 pages to find most favorite-est thread...

This year, ORL has one of the flattest rosters ever. What I mean is, we are fairly deep at each roster spot but we don't really know who is good yet. Hopefully, we are aggressive at the trade deadline this year, once we have an idea of who we're continuing to build with...I just saw an article listing both Bamba and TRoss as being among the Top 10 likely trade targets, but you could argue that almost everyone on the roster could be moved, depending on how the chemistry chips fall and who's coming back in a trade scenario...I could easily create a scenario where Bamba or WCJ, Fultz, RJ,and/or Cole (or even Suggs), Isaac or Okeke are deemed available, in addition to the fairly obvious vets named TRoss, RoLo, E'twaun, and Gary Harris' contract - which are safe bets to be available, if not shopped. We also have two extra picks, our own likely high picks, and cap space to bundle.

BIG question...who or what type would we even want back? The lazy answer is picks but I'm personally not interested in kicking the rebuild eternally down the road...and what kind of guy are you looking to draft anyway?

Could the new and improved Bamba (and/or other pieces) get us Cam Reddish? or Devin Vassell? or NAW? Moody? Who is the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year guy who is about to blow up-given the opportunity. Or, aim higher and pick at the NOLA mess for an Ingram-level guy...we hope(d) it would be RJ, Fultz, Bamba, Chuma, WCJ, and maybe it will. By the trade deadline, I hope we'll have a clearer picture. Disclaimer: saying I'd trade a guy (or pick) doesn't mean I don't want to keep him or don't like him...it just means I get the basic idea that you have to give to get.

Basically, that's the kind of guy I'd target...young, long, athletic, versatile, can play D, and maybe capable of blowing up offensively like Andrew Wiggins did against MIN last night...kind of sounds like Franz - but anyone would love to have a couple of those guys. Franz could slide in 2-4 spots and thrive, IMO.
The Effect

Post#206 » by The Effect » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:39 pm

Only guys i see being moved are Ross and Harris, and neither will net us anything exciting

I could see Ross being traded (assuming he wants to leave and go to a contender) for 2 2nd round picks, basically the evan fournier trade 2021 edition

Harris might be be able to also net us a 2nd rounder, but nothing more unless a contending team is looking for a high expiring contract and could use him for half a season. So maybe the Warriors decide they have enough young talent (poole, kuminga, wiseman, moody) and are looking for a vet to help with their stretch run and give up a very late first

Outside of that, i dont see us being very busy at the deadline (or before that)
The Effect

Post#207 » by The Effect » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Skybox wrote:Could the new and improved Bamba (and/or other pieces) get us Cam Reddish? or Devin Vassell? or NAW? Moody? Who is the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year guy who is about to blow up-given the opportunity. Or, aim higher and pick at the NOLA mess for an Ingram-level guy...we hope(d) it would be RJ, Fultz, Bamba, Chuma, WCJ, and maybe it will. By the trade deadline, I hope we'll have a clearer picture. Disclaimer: saying I'd trade a guy (or pick) doesn't mean I don't want to keep him or don't like him...it just means I get the basic idea that you have to give to get.

Basically, that's the kind of guy I'd target...young, long, athletic, versatile, can play D, and maybe capable of blowing up offensively like Andrew Wiggins did against MIN last night...kind of sounds like Franz - but anyone would love to have a couple of those guys. Franz could slide in 2-4 spots and thrive, IMO.

We dont know what we have with those guys or who we are going to build around so i cant see WeHam trading away any of the young players, even if it is for other young players.

MAYBE they end up really liking what theyve seen in Cole|Suggs|RJ and try to trade Fultz, but i dont see any teams lining up to snatch him away.
Same might be able to be said about Wagner|Okeke|PF-Wendell and try to trade JI, but id say thats a HUGE long shot and would be absolutely shocked if that happened
Skybox
RealGM

Post#208 » by Skybox » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:07 pm

I'm seeing differently...in a few months, we should have a LOT more data. Saying we might trade TRoss & Harris is thinking tiny...sometimes, just sometimes, teams actually make forward-thinking trades as investments...it's not always a guy who sucks or a guy demanding to be traded, or a "change of scenery" guy like Bagley or Fultz(was)...what if WeHam, who get millions to see a whole lot more than us, a whole lot earlier than us, come to the conclusion that RJ is really good, but Suggs will be better/sooner...good players get traded for other good players or players who might be about to be really good in a different role...why even trade Harris? He's not an awful guy for veteran minimum, but this year, he's strictly a salary match or someone who brings back a salary dump (with an added asset for our troubles)...you're not getting anything of value for Harris, the player...it would be all about which bad, longer deal you take back for his expiring...So, Harris could be part of a bigger deal for a guy who makes a lot more...so the value going out might be one of our youngs, added to Harris' expiring salary...could get you a much higher paid player - who is theoretically better than both of our guys.

C'mon, stretch your brains. Is Reddish, for example, a guy ATL can't afford to pay what someone else will undoubtedly offer, based on his potential? What does ATL need? picks only?

Maybe NOLA just blows it up, sweeping Griffin out the door after his last few years of craziness (so disappointing-but I hope he goes back to broadcasting). I think NAW's best days are ahead of him. Ingram is a legit star offensive player and would look great across the floor from Isaac and Franz (or instead of Isaac?).
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,081

Post#209 » by pepe1991 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:44 pm

What a hell you think you can get from Harris?

Magic, in order to "dump " him on team that needs salary relieaf need to take back incredible amount of salary ( $20M) and it pretty much hurts our salary cap flexibility. He won't net you anything positive in trade. More like recently signed desister that current team wants to flush down a toilet , so something like Danilo Galinari and some second round pick. But that type of trade does nothing for Orlando.

There is also TPE that i don't think we will use and it will probably just expire.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#210 » by RookieStar » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:09 pm

In regards to trading GH, we gotta ask ourselves, who are the cheap-a$$ owners here ( reputedly like the Suns ) who are hurting and scared with their payroll? GH is an expiring 17m(???).

Those are the pipe-dreams we can have.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,929

Post#211 » by Xatticus » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:51 pm

Skybox wrote:I'm seeing differently...in a few months, we should have a LOT more data. Saying we might trade TRoss & Harris is thinking tiny...sometimes, just sometimes, teams actually make forward-thinking trades as investments...it's not always a guy who sucks or a guy demanding to be traded, or a "change of scenery" guy like Bagley or Fultz(was)...what if WeHam, who get millions to see a whole lot more than us, a whole lot earlier than us, come to the conclusion that RJ is really good, but Suggs will be better/sooner...good players get traded for other good players or players who might be about to be really good in a different role...why even trade Harris? He's not an awful guy for veteran minimum, but this year, he's strictly a salary match or someone who brings back a salary dump (with an added asset for our troubles)...you're not getting anything of value for Harris, the player...it would be all about which bad, longer deal you take back for his expiring...So, Harris could be part of a bigger deal for a guy who makes a lot more...so the value going out might be one of our youngs, added to Harris' expiring salary...could get you a much higher paid player - who is theoretically better than both of our guys.

C'mon, stretch your brains. Is Reddish, for example, a guy ATL can't afford to pay what someone else will undoubtedly offer, based on his potential? What does ATL need? picks only?

Maybe NOLA just blows it up, sweeping Griffin out the door after his last few years of craziness (so disappointing-but I hope he goes back to broadcasting). I think NAW's best days are ahead of him. Ingram is a legit star offensive player and would look great across the floor from Isaac and Franz (or instead of Isaac?).

We don't have the value to consolidate. We have a roster comprised of young and unproven players whose values are yet to be established. All we can really do is be patient. Teams don't trade down in talent unless they have to.

Our best bet right now is simply to scour the league for unpolished gems that are out of rotations at the moment. If you can fill a need with such a player, it's just a much better use of a roster spot than what we are doing with someone like Ross or Moore.

I floated Malachi Flynn a couple days ago. We need another ball handler. We need someone to initiate the offense for our second unit. Then we wouldn't have to stagger the minutes of Anthony and Suggs. Flynn is ready for NBA minutes, but he isn't getting them in Toronto. They need shooting. Perhaps they are interested in Ross? They aren't going into the luxury tax, so we would have to take back salary. Dragic is a problem for them, perhaps Flynn could be the value we acquire that lets them turn Dragic into Ross.

We also need another big, especially someone with significant positional flexibility. Mosley is leaning heavily on WCJ and Bamba right now, but neither has a track record of health or heavy minutes and if either breaks down, our product is going to suffer substantially. There are minutes available at the 4/5 right now that could be used to develop someone with far more potential than Mo Wagner. How nice would it be to have someone like Xavier Tillman or Jericho Sims on this roster right now? That's why you don't just discard 2nd-round picks. Perhaps we could get someone like Chimezie Metu for a 2nd-round pick?

We should be looking to acquire players with some upside as NBA rotation players that aren't getting minutes right but that are ready and willing to fight for minutes on our roster. Getting Isaac and Fultz back would certainly help our situation, but we can't count on that and we can't count on the guys we currently have staying healthy if we continue to pile minutes on them.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
DSN1423
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#212 » by DSN1423 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:53 am

I agree mostly with Xatticus but WeHam keep their cards close to the vest so we can never be too sure of which way we are leaning.

If we are going to try acquire hidden gems and players out of favor in their current situations, how would we feel about the following;

ORL in:
Bagley
T. Thompson

ORL out:
Harris
2023 2nd round

DET in:
Harris
Orl 2023 2nd round
Sac Future 1st

DET out:
Grant

SAC in:
Grant

SAC out:
Bagley
T. Thompson
Future 1st

Probably a bit light on for Detroit (but they do end up with Harris and Griffin off the books this year for 50M in savings) could possibly need another pick or two, but I'm unsure of Grants value overall.

Sac get a great forward to start with Holmes and Barnes and move Harkless to the bench, all for giving up 2 bench guys and a pick

Orlando takes a flyer on Bagley and waives Thompson who would get swooped up by a contender. Bagley like we did with Markelle, play and see if he becomes anything for the long term or to use him to level up in a trade down the line. I dont think Bagley specifically takes anyone importants minutes away (maybe RoLo or Mo Wagner??). Im inclined to this due to the fact noone ever stated Bagley was a poor teammate or person, more that he hasn't lived up to the Number 2 pick in a great draft and hasnt improved much on his game since being in Sac. Maybe a fresh start and some regular minutes is enough to keep his dad quiet and him happy and working hard.....

Thoughts?
Magic_believer
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#213 » by Magic_believer » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:39 am

We need some veterans on this team. so many young people
Skybox
RealGM

Post#214 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:55 am

I would happily pile picks on to get a guy we crave as well (especially the DEN and CHI)...main point of this (was):

WHAT DO WE EVEN WANT? we've got every type of player, we just don't know who's good yet? But, what's the player profile?
(then we can start looking for actual players)...

I say a long wing who can really spread the floor, play D, and, to a lesser degree, put the ball on the floor...occasional big-time scoring potential would be a plus, of course...but I'd say our biggest need/want would be that kind of player. 6'7 or 6'8 long wing...Mikael Bridges is likely untouchable and already earning too much for our rebuild, but maybe a Vassel could be had for a significant young player and the DEN pick. (just an example of a better shooting Franz). If we believe in Suggs, Cole might be more valuable as a trade chip than a sixth man...same for Bamba, with Isaac coming back...we'll know a lot more in a few months of play.

Xatticus mentioned a ball handler like Flynn-meaning he doesn't think enough of our 4 combo guards will emerge to provide enough quality depth... Some have mentioned Bagley - but even if he pops, we'll have to pay him to keep him and we've already got bigs with potential...Bagley would be a totally opportunistic grab but you'd have to really think he's got something and you'd be willing to give him PT (even if just to build his value for a sign and trade). Is it basically just big upside at ANY position at this point? (regardless of our existing roster)...maybe.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,512

Post#215 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:08 pm

MCW's brother Marcus Zegarowski had a good game. Somehow he ended up being a good shooter.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/game/2052100026/

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,081

Post#216 » by pepe1991 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Pelicans are dumpsterfire. Roster is falling apart, front office was on verge of fist fight, stage is set to save Ingram from them.

That will require giving up some assets and picks. But who cares really? He is execlly what Orlando is desparate to add. Young upcomming star that is wing and can handle the ball. You literally tank for guys like Ingram, it would be foolish to be stingy about "assets" in trade where half of them probably won't last for 2 nba contracts.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,512

Post#217 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:31 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Pelicans are dumpsterfire. Roster is falling apart, front office was on verge of fist fight, stage is set to save Ingram from them.

That will require giving up some assets and picks. But who cares really? He is execlly what Orlando is desparate to add. Young upcomming star that is wing and can handle the ball. You literally tank for guys like Ingram, it would be foolish to be stingy about "assets" in trade where half of them probably won't last for 2 nba contracts.
Griffin probably gets fired soon. I don't think players want to play for him.

Redick called him dishonest last season.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2939026-jj-redick-calls-david-griffin-pelicans-front-office-dishonest-after-trade.amp.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,630

Post#218 » by Skin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm

pepe1991 wrote:What a hell you think you can get from Harris?

Magic, in order to "dump " him on team that needs salary relieaf need to take back incredible amount of salary ( $20M) and it pretty much hurts our salary cap flexibility. He won't net you anything positive in trade. More like recently signed desister that current team wants to flush down a toilet , so something like Danilo Galinari and some second round pick. But that type of trade does nothing for Orlando.

There is also TPE that i don't think we will use and it will probably just expire.

Nobody wants him and he'll just be gone in the summer.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#219 » by Skin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Pelicans are dumpsterfire. Roster is falling apart, front office was on verge of fist fight, stage is set to save Ingram from them.

Agreed. He was my favorite player from that draft. Nobody on this team would be untouchable.

Problem is I don't see the Magic being able to pull something like this off.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#220 » by Skin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:54 pm

What about Siakam? He could be available with the depth TOR has after drafting Barnes.

Return to Orlando Magic