ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Trade Thread?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Re: Orlando Magic Trade Thread? 

Post#41 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

No AG’s offense isn’t light years ahead. He might shoot a better percentage but everything else that has to do with offense Simmons does better and effortlessly. AG is still trying to be on that level.

I would take Simmons defense over AG’s.

It is light years ahead. Simmons doesnt even shoot that ball! lol

Either way no thanks to Simmons and his 172 million dollar contract.

Read my post again. There’s more to offense than just shooting.

The contract is a why I’d say no.

I know what you said, but those skills are worthless if you yourself are afraid to shoot the ball and it was evident how useless it was in the playoffs.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#42 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
It is light years ahead. Simmons doesnt even shoot that ball! lol

Either way no thanks to Simmons and his 172 million dollar contract.

I know what you said, but those skills are worthless if you yourself are afraid to shoot the ball and it was evident how useless it was in the playoffs.

That’s false.

Agree shooting is a necessary skill but lack of that ability doesn’t negate the other skills.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

That’s false.

Agree shooting is a necessary skill but lack of that ability doesn’t negate the other skills.

His skills are worthless when teams play him correctly I.E. the hawks. Shooting is the the most important aspect of offense and he is SCARED to shoot the ball. Not saying stats are everything, but if his court vision was elite he would average more than 7ast per game.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#44 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:55 pm

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
The Effect wrote: :lol: :lol:
Good one

His stock must have fall so hard when fans turn down a 24yrs old All star locked on a long contract for few role players

he just need few months of good plays to boost his stock right up

You buy low to sell high

And-1

Three backup players and an expiring for a Three-time All-star. This is not a difficult trade to make from Orlando's side.

Thank you! This is exactly the scenario we have been waiting for - an All-Star caliber player who is coming off. a down year and prime to be traded. People saying "Pass" on a 24 year old that could easily be the alpha player we need are nuts.

Philly has emphasized Embiid for the entire time Simmons has been there, and he's been forced into a secondary/tertiary role. Bring him here, make him the star and enjoy the wins.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:57 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

His stock must have fall so hard when fans turn down a 24yrs old All star locked on a long contract for few role players

You buy low to sell high

And-1

Three backup players and an expiring for a Three-time All-star. This is not a difficult trade to make from Orlando's side.

Thank you! This is exactly the scenario we have been waiting for - an All-Star caliber player who is coming off. a down year and prime to be traded. People saying "Pass" on a 24 year old that could easily be the alpha player we need are nuts.

Philly has emphasized Embiid for the entire time Simmons has been there, and he's been forced into a secondary/tertiary role. Bring him here, make him the star and enjoy the wins.

"Alpha players" take more than 6 shots per game in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#46 » by j_n » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Ben Simmons would be awesome for any team where he can play inside, around 4 shooters.

Another trade in mind is trying to trade up with our own pick and the Bulls pick using Anthony/Harris and Wcj/Bamba.

With Fultz, Hampton, Harris, Ross etc' and potentially this year's pick/s we have too many guards and obviously too many centers.

If you can use these assets to get a guy with a higher ceiling you do it because we have too many B level prospects.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:15 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

That’s false.

His skills are worthless when teams play him correctly I.E. the hawks. Shooting is the the most important aspect of offense and he is SCARED to shoot the ball. Not saying stats are everything, but if his court vision was elite he would average more than 7ast per game.

Again false. His skills aren’t worthless. If they add more shooters/scorers his skills are crucial and a plus.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:23 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
That’s false.

Again false. His skills aren’t worthless. If they add more shooters/scorers his skills are crucial and a plus.

More shooters?

They surrounded him with shooters.

Curry- 45% from 3 during season 51% in playoffs
Green- 41% during season 38% in playoffs
Harris- 40% during season 37% in playoffs
Embiid- 38% during season 39% in playoffs
Milton- 35%/42%
Korkmaz- 38%/32%

How many more shooters do you want around him? Everyone on that roster with the exception of Simmons is a good shooter/scorer.

DWIGHT HOWARD shot more and made more threes than Simmons! DWIGHT F'ING HOWARD...
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#49 » by BDill012 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
That’s false.

Correct, they aren't worthless, however, they are rendered nearly obsolete when he is scared to shoot to the point that he is giving the ball up way to early in transition or passing on critical layups because he is worried about having to shoot free throws.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,662

Post#50 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:39 pm

I can see it now…

Orlando becomes synonymous as a dumping ground for Philly reclamation projects that can’t shoot. What a great label to earn by acquiring Simmons.

No thanks.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#51 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm

MagicMatic wrote:I can see it now…

Orlando becomes synonymous as a dumping ground for Philly reclamation projects that can’t shoot. What a great label to earn by acquiring Simmons.

No thanks.

I dont think we have good roster to increase Simmons value. That could be different if we retained Vucevic, Carter still have years to go as a shooter. Kemba was more fitting trade target.
In the end it depends on Fultz, Anthony and Hampton shooting development. Having another non shooter seems detrimental to overall team performance.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#52 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

You buy low to sell high

And-1

again, its not passing on a player that has those issues. but when said player is on a massive MAX money deal which hampers team roster and construction, yes that is a pass
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#53 » by The Effect » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

You buy low to sell high

And-1

What about Simmons says alpha?
He lacks confidence, can't take over games and crumbles in the clutch...

I don't get it, people have given up on fultz shot yet think that bens will come around? He literally refuses to shoot anything past 10 ft and the 76ers are so desperate that they are going to experiment with SWITCHING SHOOTING HAND!

Sorry, but unless your plan is to bring him in to play the Draymond role, I have no idea what we would do with Ben, especially at 30-40m a year
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:15 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

More shooters?

Milton- 35%/42%
Korkmaz- 38%/32%

How many more shooters do you want around him? Everyone on that roster with the exception of Simmons is a good shooter/scorer.

DWIGHT HOWARD shot more and made more threes than Simmons! DWIGHT F'ING HOWARD...

Shooters and SCORERS is what I said.

Again he needs to be able to shoot. I won’t disagree with you there but your argument that his lack of this skill negates his other skills, which are in fact elite, is false.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:20 pm

BDill012 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

Correct, they aren't worthless, however, they are rendered nearly obsolete when he is scared to shoot to the point that he is giving the ball up way to early in transition or passing on critical layups because he is worried about having to shoot free throws.

You’re confusing skill with mental. In his career, he’s never been one to shy away from a dunk or a layup. That’s mental not a lack of skill.

Secondly, his skills are elite and not rendered obsolete. They are still useful and a shot only aids to it. Now does lack of shooting dampers some of his skill? Ok. It’s easier to clog lanes so his elite skill of breaking down ISO’s and p n r’s aren’t as affective. That I agree. Obsolete is the wrong word.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:24 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

More shooters?

Milton- 35%/42%
Korkmaz- 38%/32%

Again he needs to be able to shoot. I won’t disagree with you there but your argument that his lack of this skill negates his other skills, which are in fact elite, is false.

He also has two SCORERS on that Roster in Tobias and Embiid.. What else does Simmons need for these "elite" skills to show?
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#57 » by BDill012 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:30 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
BDill012 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

You’re confusing skill with mental. In his career, he’s never been one to shy away from a dunk or a layup. That’s mental not a lack of skill.

Secondly, his skills are elite and not rendered obsolete. They are still useful and a shot only aids to it. Now does lack of shooting dampers some of his skill? Ok. It’s easier to clog lanes so his elite skill of breaking down ISO’s and p n r’s aren’t as affective. That I agree. Obsolete is the wrong word.

There is ZERO confusion over skills and the mental aspect. They are literally impacting each other when it comes to Simmons right now.

If you watched the series with the Hawks, you saw that his driving skills, his passing skills, and thus his court vision was absolutely nearly (not totally) obsolete because he was moving the ball early, giving the ball up early in transition, passing up layups, and not even trying to get into the lane because he was afraid to go to the line. The guy took 3 shots the entire series in the fourth quarter and Doc Rivers took him out for critical moments in multiple games. His defense was still good, sure.

His skills are really good for the regular season, but his skills are not producing at the level of his contract, especially in the playoffs when it truly matters.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:55 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
More shooters?

Milton- 35%/42%
Korkmaz- 38%/32%

He also has two SCORERS on that Roster in Tobias and Embiid.. What else does Simmons need for these "elite" skills to show?

I wouldn’t classify Tobias as a scorer. He can but he’s not an elite scorer.

We’re just not going agree. He has elite skills. It’s what got him in the league and kept Philly relevant. Even Kobe agreed. He just needs to add another skill.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:58 pm

BDill012 wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
BDill012 wrote:Correct, they aren't worthless, however, they are rendered nearly obsolete when he is scared to shoot to the point that he is giving the ball up way to early in transition or passing on critical layups because he is worried about having to shoot free throws.

There is ZERO confusion over skills and the mental aspect. They are literally impacting each other when it comes to Simmons right now.

If you watched the series with the Hawks, you saw that his driving skills, his passing skills, and thus his court vision was absolutely nearly (not totally) obsolete because he was moving the ball early, giving the ball up early in transition, passing up layups, and not even trying to get into the lane because he was afraid to go to the line. The guy took 3 shots the entire series in the fourth quarter and Doc Rivers took him out for critical moments in multiple games. His defense was still good, sure.

His skills are really good for the regular season, but his skills are not producing at the level of his contract, especially in the playoffs when it truly matters.

That’s my point. He didn’t just lost skill of yoking it on some poor less soul. His lack of one skill has mentally disrupt his entire game.

And no his skills aren’t really good here and not good there. His lack of one skill needs to be address. It’s a matter of adding a skill not there’s a problem with his current skills which are elite.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#60 » by drsd » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:09 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:Thiss exactly the scenario we have been waiting for - an All-Star caliber player who is coming off. a down year and prime to be traded. People saying "Pass" on a 24 year old that could easily be the alpha player we need are nuts.

So Orlando would thus have traded four back-ups and an expiring to Philly for TWO overall #1's.

Make it so!

Return to Orlando Magic