ImageImageImageImage

Is RJ Hampton 6'7 now???

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

CarraT
Senior
And1: 183

Re: Is RJ Hampton 6'7 now??? 

Post#41 » by CarraT » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:52 pm

I know he is atheltic. But so was Mo Harkless. Unless he show´s some real progress in an actual Basketball Skill, i´m not following any hype. Again: That´s not saying he´s a scrub and won´t get better. But the talk about "future SG starter for years" is way too soon and reminds me of all the Harkless or Nichsolson or Courtney Lee Hype we had before.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#42 » by GelbeWand09 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:57 pm

Not sure i would compare Mo ''0-0-1-0-0 Statline'' Harkless, with RJ. I mean Hamptons last month is 10x better than anything Harkless has ever done. :lol:

+ One can use his athletism, the other not. RJ just attacks every whole in the defense.
CarraT
Senior

Post#43 » by CarraT » Thu Aug 5, 2021 3:35 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:Not sure i would compare Mo ''0-0-1-0-0 Statline'' Harkless, with RJ. I mean Hamptons last month is 10x better than anything Harkless has ever done. :lol:

+ One can use his athletism, the other not. RJ just attacks every whole in the defense.

Well, Harkless also played good after the All-Star Break in his Rookie Year as a 19 years old. 14 Ppg with 47% FG over 30 games is not 10x worse than Hamptons Statline with the Magic.Let´s hope RJ´s progress in his sophomore year will be a little better.

Wenn er ein All-Star wird, gebe ich dir gerne ein Bier auf der Südtribüne aus ;)
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#44 » by fateis007 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 6:28 pm

lmao is someone really comparing RJ hamton to Harkless? My god, what a terrible comparison, cant think of a worst one.

Harkless literally had no handles or ability to create offense. He was a spot up 3 point shooter (and not a good one with us),

RJ is a lead guard that pushes the ball up the court and creates offense out of pick and rolls.

Please just stop.
CarraT
Senior

Post#45 » by CarraT » Thu Aug 5, 2021 7:33 pm

fateis007 wrote:lmao is someone really comparing RJ hamton to Harkless? My god, what a terrible comparison, cant think of a worst one.

Harkless literally had no handles or ability to create offense. He was a spot up 3 point shooter (and not a good one with us),

RJ is a lead guard that pushes the ball up the court and creates offense out of pick and rolls.

Please just stop.

WTF can´t you read? I´m not comparing them as players, i´m comparing the hype that young players who didn´t proved anything get constantly in this forum. Let´s at leatst wait some months into the next season before we talk about our next all star or starting sg for years again.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#46 » by Horcy » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:52 am

CarraT wrote:
fateis007 wrote:lmao is someone really comparing RJ hamton to Harkless? My god, what a terrible comparison, cant think of a worst one.

Please just stop.

WTF can´t you read? I´m not comparing them as players, i´m comparing the hype that young players who didn´t proved anything get constantly in this forum. Let´s at leatst wait some months into the next season before we talk about our next all star or starting sg for years again.

It was a strange comparison, my friend...RJ Hampton spent something like one month in Orlando and was named NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month. In one month here he did more than Harkless on his entire career.
If you do not want to get those reactions, maybe you should try to do more accurate comparisons.
The fans are excited about RJ because of the things he has shown, not because of some kind of potential on his game. He just needs to continue that way to be useful.
CarraT
Senior

Post#47 » by CarraT » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:05 pm

Horcy wrote:
CarraT wrote:

Please just stop.

It was a strange comparison, my friend...RJ Hampton spent something like one month in Orlando and was named NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month. In one month here he did more than Harkless on his entire career.
If you do not want to get those reactions, maybe you should try to do more accurate comparisons.
The fans are excited about RJ because of the things he has shown, not because of some kind of potential on his game. He just needs to continue that way to be useful.

Man, this aged badly.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#48 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:46 am

CarraT wrote:
Horcy wrote:
CarraT wrote:

Man, this aged badly.

damn that burn :lol:

He kind a proves that it doesn't really matter are you 6'3 or '6'7 if you can't polish your basketball skills.
He is also good reminder that every nba prospect HAS TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE NBA LEVEL SKILL and go from there.
He is athletic and... That's pretty much it. Still young but i don't think he will stick around nba for long
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,614

Post#49 » by Skybox » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
CarraT wrote:
Horcy wrote:

Man, this aged badly.

He kind a proves that it doesn't really matter are you 6'3 or '6'7 if you can't polish your basketball skills.
He is also good reminder that every nba prospect HAS TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE NBA LEVEL SKILL and go from there.
He is athletic and... That's pretty much it. Still young but i don't think he will stick around nba for long

His failed season in the Aussie league should have provided a clue...He claims they "didn't do what they promised"(paraphrase)...I'm sure they didn't pay him big bucks, knowing they only had him for one season, to not include him as a team leader...Clearly, he disappointed there as well. This present roster of alleged prospects is really turning me away from the "development" angle. Some guys just can't really play. I'm sure he's a nice kid and obviously a blur, but he's not showing any NBA level instincts or decision-making.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#50 » by zaymon » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
CarraT wrote:
Man, this aged badly.

His failed season in the Aussie league should have provided a clue...He claims they "didn't do what they promised"(paraphrase)...I'm sure they didn't pay him big bucks, knowing they only had him for one season, to not include him as a team leader...Clearly, he disappointed there as well. This present roster of alleged prospects is really turning me away from the "development" angle. Some guys just can't really play. I'm sure he's a nice kid and obviously a blur, but he's not showing any NBA level instincts or decision-making.

He was a glaring negative on the court in australia and yet he felt entilted to play. I was so relieved we didnt draft him yet still he is here. Weltman is good evaluating forwards but he has no idea how a good guard looks like.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#51 » by basketballRob » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:24 pm

I don't think he grew at all it was just hype. It's almost like he plays smaller than last year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#52 » by Horcy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:24 pm

Who cares about his height?
He is skinny as Fido Dido
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#53 » by jonbob17 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Never understand why the team engages in this BS. What does it accomplish? Same thing with Fultz "shooting like he was at Washington".
The hype trains get derailed as soon as the preseason games start.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#54 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:41 pm

jonbob17 wrote:Never understand why the team engages in this BS. What does it accomplish? Same thing with Fultz "shooting like he was at Washington".
The hype trains get derailed as soon as the preseason games start.

Swole Bamba, Payton's revamped jumpshot, Gordon adding pull up 3 to his arsenal.... Evan Fournier summer hair growth :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#55 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 9, 2022 7:20 pm

Why is all the Magic players suddenly posting stuff about RJ in the past hour? Maybe he got the news that he'll be in a draft day trade.

MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#56 » by MagicHolland » Thu Jun 9, 2022 8:33 pm

basketballRob wrote:Why is all the Magic players suddenly posting stuff about RJ in the past hour? Maybe he got the news that he'll be in a draft day trade.

Where did you see this?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#57 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 9, 2022 9:17 pm

MagicHolland wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Why is all the Magic players suddenly posting stuff about RJ in the past hour? Maybe he got the news that he'll be in a draft day trade.

Where did you see this?
Bamba, Cole, and Markelle all posted compliments about him on IG around the same time.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#58 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:13 pm

Have the feeling they aren't going to pick up his option on June 29th saving the team 2.4 million and making him a free agent.

Maybe we got word that one of Beal, Kyrie, or Lavine is interested in signing here and we're clearing space. It sounds like something off the wall that Kyrie would do. He was live on IG a few days ago and I spammed him with Orlando Magic and he smiled about it.

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#59 » by fendilim » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:15 pm

basketballRob wrote:Have the feeling they aren't going to pick up his option on June 29th saving the team 2.4 million and making him a free agent.

Maybe we got word that one of Beal, Kyrie, or Lavine is interested in signing here and we're clearing space. It sounds like something off the wall that Kyrie would do. He was live on IG a few days ago and I spammed him with Orlando Magic and he smiled about it.

Nah. I think we’re drafting shaedon sharpe over jabari. :wink:

Return to Orlando Magic