ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: ChosenSavior, UCF, UCFJayBird, Knightro, Howard Mass, SOUL, Def Swami

User avatar
magic22s
Junior
Posts: 294
And1: 115
Joined: Dec 28, 2013
 

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#1 » by magic22s » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:40 am

Read on Twitter
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 16,461
And1: 7,914
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Official Spec Thread: T-minus 5 Days to Draft Day Eruptions!!! 

Post#2 » by Skin » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:02 am

Click for musical effects! :D


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Markelle Fultz, Jalen Suggs, Chuma Okeke, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr.
Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, Franz Wagner, Moritz Wagner, Mo Bamba. LESSSSGOOOOO!
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,230
And1: 3,075
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: T-minus 5 Days to Draft Day Eruptions!!! 

Post#3 » by RookieStar » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:59 am

So is this the "official " official spec thread or the other one?
p0peye
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,932
And1: 1,990
Joined: Feb 27, 2006
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: T-minus 5 Days to Draft Day Eruptions!!! 

Post#4 » by p0peye » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:28 am

This hype thread is perfect explanation why draft picks are considered more valuable than actual players you draft using them. :)
Badass of the week: Milunka Savic
Single most-decorated female soldier in world military history.
Skybox
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,435
And1: 2,405
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: T-minus 5 Days to Draft Day Eruptions!!! 

Post#5 » by Skybox » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:08 pm

p0peye wrote:This hype thread is perfect explanation why draft picks are considered more valuable than actual players you draft using them. :)



NO question, my "sickness" has been peaking these last few weeks. As a Magic fan, draft day is our super bowl. I've spent more stupid time here lately than I have actually watched games this year. :crazy:
Nyce_1
RealGM
Posts: 11,936
And1: 5,470
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#6 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:36 pm

FKK
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 16,461
And1: 7,914
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#7 » by Skin » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Sorry Mods can you combine these threads? I didn't see this one.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2106428
Markelle Fultz, Jalen Suggs, Chuma Okeke, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr.
Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, Franz Wagner, Moritz Wagner, Mo Bamba. LESSSSGOOOOO!
User avatar
Message Boar
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 631
Joined: Apr 07, 2019
Location: The Netherlands
       

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#8 » by Message Boar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:01 pm

8-) Evan showing out against team USA 8-) Good for him.

(sorry didn't know where else to post it)
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 14,836
And1: 5,887
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#9 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Free agency starts soon I think?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 14,836
And1: 5,887
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#10 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:12 pm

Message Boar wrote:8-) Evan showing out against team USA 8-) Good for him.

(sorry didn't know where else to post it)
Here's the boxscore.

https://www.espn.com.au/mens-olympics-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401344325

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
User avatar
magic22s
Junior
Posts: 294
And1: 115
Joined: Dec 28, 2013
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#11 » by magic22s » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Evan Fournier - 28 Pts, 4 Reb at Tokyo 2020 Men's Olympic Basketball
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,000
And1: 12,137
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#12 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:09 pm

basketballRob wrote:Free agency starts soon I think?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

after the draft
LDNMagic90
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#13 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Read on Twitter


Hmm... not sure if Weltman is playing mind games or just simply doesn't want to give up too much just in case we take a risk and it backfires
LDNMagic90
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#14 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:34 pm

Also I've just seen this.

Read on Twitter


It could mean we could trade both of our lottery picks to move up and actually use our second round pick for once? Or keep 5 & 8 and sell our second rounder like we've all become accustomed to. I'm thinking the latter if there's not a decent trade to be had.
User avatar
Ralof
Freshman
Posts: 61
And1: 54
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
   

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#15 » by Ralof » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm

we are gonna stay at 5 and 8,pick two guys who fit with weltman-hammond vision(my guess is barnes and one between moody and k.johnson) and we gonna trade our second for future seconds as always.

say what you want about our FO,good or bad,but for sure they do not like to take big risks.
LDNMagic90
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#16 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Ralof wrote:we are gonna stay at 5 and 8,pick two guys who fit with weltman-hammond vision(my guess is barnes and one between moody and k.johnson) and we gonna trade our second for future seconds as always.

say what you want about our FO,good or bad,but for sure they do not like to take big risks.


I agree


I can't help but feel that our FO are generating a little bit of noise in regards to trading up, but are quite set with who they want. Who knows they may have had calls to some of the teams in the top 4 about trading up. Thursday needs to hurry lol.
User avatar
D J C
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 388
Joined: Feb 27, 2007

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#17 » by D J C » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Summer league starts in two weeks! Should be the most exciting one in a long time.. Cole, RJ, Chuma, #5, #8, #33 hopefully.. Just wish we could see Mosley out there with the young guns too.
User avatar
Ralof
Freshman
Posts: 61
And1: 54
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
   

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#18 » by Ralof » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:26 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Ralof wrote:we are gonna stay at 5 and 8,pick two guys who fit with weltman-hammond vision(my guess is barnes and one between moody and k.johnson) and we gonna trade our second for future seconds as always.

say what you want about our FO,good or bad,but for sure they do not like to take big risks.


I can't help but feel that our FO are generating a little bit of noise in regards to trading up, but are quite set with who they want. Who knows they may have had calls to some of the teams in the top 4 about trading up.


they are gonna talk,they are gonna make calls,they are gonna evaluate and at the end...they are pick #5 and #8 :D

trade up,or even down,would mean taking quite a risk(imagine if they spend #8 and another first and the guy they choose completely sucks)and that is not the way they operate.

and i am saying this the most"neutral"way possible,they could be right and take a great player and that would be great for all of us indeed
LDNMagic90
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 20, 2021
     

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#19 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Ralof wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Ralof wrote:we are gonna stay at 5 and 8,pick two guys who fit with weltman-hammond vision(my guess is barnes and one between moody and k.johnson) and we gonna trade our second for future seconds as always.

say what you want about our FO,good or bad,but for sure they do not like to take big risks.


I can't help but feel that our FO are generating a little bit of noise in regards to trading up, but are quite set with who they want. Who knows they may have had calls to some of the teams in the top 4 about trading up.


they are gonna talk,they are gonna make calls,they are gonna evaluate and at the end...they are pick #5 and #8 :D

trade up,or even down,would mean taking quite a risk(imagine if they spend #8 and another first and the guy they choose completely sucks)and that is not the way they operate.

and i am saying this the most"neutral"way possible,they could be right and take a great player and that would be great for all of us indeed


:D This is exactly what I think is going to happen. Heres hoping to a successful draft!
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,230
And1: 3,075
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#20 » by RookieStar » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm

Does this means bye-bye for our #33? DAMMIT! I kinda wanted a sweet-shooting BIG!!

Return to Orlando Magic