ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Re: Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#1481 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol the reactions are going to be interesting
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#1482 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:39 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That will probably give them extra incentive to extend the tank longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#1483 » by The Effect » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That will probably give them extra incentive to extend the tank longer.

Its annoying for us fans, but long term thats not a bad thing
Magic_Kingdom
Rookie
And1: 974

Post#1484 » by Magic_Kingdom » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:28 pm

128-222 since Weltman & Hammond took over. A .366 winning percentage and a comical draft record until Franz in Year 5.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#1485 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:47 pm

Magic_Kingdom wrote:128-222 since Weltman & Hammond took over. A .366 winning percentage and a comical draft record until Franz in Year 5.

comical is a bit harsh on their total draft record.
the teens picks of Cole and Okeke are good. Cole is probably a B, Okeke C+.
Suggs TBD
The returns from AG, Vuc are B to B+. A starter (WCJ), great start Draft pick (franz), and RJ & Harris (rotational players), with 2 1sts still to go.

They had the guts to tear down Vuc/AG/Evan,
Now they'll need guts to trade some young players and handle CAP space and future draft picks.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1486 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Magic_Kingdom wrote:128-222 since Weltman & Hammond took over. A .366 winning percentage and a comical draft record until Franz in Year 5.

Suggs TBD
The returns from AG, Vuc are B to B+. A starter (WCJ), great start Draft pick (franz), and RJ & Harris (rotational players), with 2 1sts still to go.

Now they'll need guts to trade some young players and handle CAP space and future draft picks.
This group is never happy with anything. Your response was perfect. Like every single other team in the entire league, the front office isn’t perfect but they made some bold moves and did a good job acquiring assets. Great job extending them. This team needs continuity. Not a new GM every 5 years.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#1487 » by fendilim » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:41 am

Wouldn’t really say comical.

Isaac was an amazing pick. Easy to pass it off as a bad since he is always injured now, but who would have known?

They missed on Bamba.

Okeke was a piece to complement the previous build, not to mention the cap constraints they had to gymnast that year so they signed him to a contract the year after. But it was too late.

They were in a cap hell situation also. They made nice moves in acquiring Mozgov for Biz. They were able to save a year from the cap using the injury exemption on Moz.

Some sly moves here and there, some were misses. A steady conservative ship, if you ask me. They tried to make a splash with Fultz, but it is what it is. Could it be better? Yes. Could it be worse? Yes.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#1488 » by Skybox » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:05 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

Suggs TBD

This group is never happy with anything. Your response was perfect. Like every single other team in the entire league, the front office isn’t perfect but they made some bold moves and did a good job acquiring assets. Great job extending them. This team needs continuity. Not a new GM every 5 years.

Again…you can’t be pro-tank and spout winning percentages

I would much prefer a BOLD move NOW but WeHam have been pretty solid…not great, but “comical” is just clickbait thinking
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#1489 » by Knightro » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1490 » by basketballRob » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:37 pm

Suggs and Fultz are both listed out until MLK day.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#1491 » by Knightro » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:31 pm

basketballRob wrote:Suggs and Fultz are both listed out until MLK day.

Gotta stop citing those CBS reports. They're just speculation. Not anything official from the team.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#1492 » by orlando_joe » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm

Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Suggs and Fultz are both listed out until MLK day.

Gotta stop citing those CBS reports. They're just speculation. Not anything official from the team.

fox sports reporting suggs could be back by weekend end road trip from mosley
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,349

Post#1493 » by tooler » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Jalen Suggs is still wearing a splint over his fractured right thumb, but he practiced with the team today

At least this means Suggs won't need another 3 weeks to get his conditioning back, haha!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,629

Post#1494 » by SOUL » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:55 am

fendilim wrote:

Isaac was an amazing pick. Easy to pass it off as a bad since he is always injured now, but who would have known?

They missed on Bamba.

Okeke was a piece to complement the previous build, not to mention the cap constraints they had to gymnast that year so they signed him to a contract the year after. But it was too late.

They were in a cap hell situation also. They made nice moves in acquiring Mozgov for Biz. They were able to save a year from the cap using the injury exemption on Moz.

Some sly moves here and there, some were misses. A steady conservative ship, if you ask me. They tried to make a splash with Fultz, but it is what it is. Could it be better? Yes. Could it be worse? Yes.

Basically how I feel currently.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1495 » by drsd » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:34 pm

John Gabriel and Brian Hill to be Inducted Into the Orlando Magic Hall of Fame

The Orlando Magic will induct John Gabriel and Brian Hill into their Hall of Fame on Wednesday, March 2 at 3 p.m. in Amway Center, near the Nutrilite Magic Fan Experience.** Gabriel and Hill become the 10th and 11th inductees into the Orlando Magic Hall of Fame.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1496 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:52 pm

Looks like Mo (toe) and WCJ (hamstring) are both out tonight.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1497 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Moore and MCW in Washington practicing with the team.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#1498 » by KillMonger » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#1499 » by MagicMatic » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:58 pm

SOUL wrote:
fendilim wrote:

They missed on Bamba.

Basically how I feel currently.

This year is going to make or break how I feel about their competency in the draft. They’ve made sly moves albeit at an extremely slow pace and at a loss of real value. Wagner and Cole (to an massively lesser extent) have been their only real “wins” as far as the draft goes.

There are many roads they can take via trade by trimming the fat. IF Orlando ends up with a top 3 pick, then they’ll have to actually make some real decisions on the future of the franchise. I think this goes without saying.

They also have a few decisions to make in regards to the guard and big rotation regardless of injuries. They cannot afford to botch this next draft’s top pick like they did with Bamba.

I understand this is a complete rebuild. However, their job is to make the roster coherent and it really hasn’t made sense at all in the years they have been at the helm.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#1500 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:04 pm

fendilim wrote:

They missed on Bamba.

i cant call Isaac an amazing pick, because results matter and he isnt on the court enough. Didnt necessarily like the extension, though i do like that they put injury protection into it. Remains to be seen if they use that injury protection clause. Thats also why Bamba isnt a good pick, results matter.

Return to Orlando Magic