ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,943

Re: Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#1561 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,361

Post#1562 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:29 pm

At this stage i just hope we win at least 7 more games to avoid being one of worst teams in history. Only 8 teams during 82 games fell under 13 wins mark. Not that 15-67 is good, but at least it happend multiple times to multiple teams.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,704

Post#1563 » by Skybox » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:At this stage i just hope we win at least 7 more games to avoid being one of worst teams in history. Only 8 teams during 82 games fell under 13 wins mark. Not that 15-67 is good, but at least it happend multiple times to multiple teams.

Agree. Let's win the last 10 games AND the lottery...Proper rebuilding after we "won the draft" should show SOME growth during the season. Best scenario is some key players return from injury and we finish the season with some momentum and hope without digging so far out of the massive losing ditch we're in that we compromise our lottery odds...this doesn't really account for what I hope is a lot of fireworks at the trade deadline.

Cole came out like a MIP, and is now fading - so there's certainly questions about what he is.
Franz came out like ROY, and is now fading- so there's certainly questions about what he is.
and on and on to a lesser extent...all I hope for is that we really have enough to tell what we have, by season's end, in Cole, Franz, Suggs, Fultz, Isaac, Okeke, RJ, Bamba ...even TRoss is a question mark this year. E'twaun should have been a limited but reliable vet, not an empty chair.

Harris is playing well, but won't be here next year- hopefully, we have something to show for him.
I think we know what WCJ is...solid but limited, and on a nice deal.
I think Franz is our best player but I don't like to see him hitting the wall lately
MCW hasn't even played but we know he brings 10th man versatility and defensive chaos
Literally everyone else gets an "incomplete" grade
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#1564 » by cedric76 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:14 pm

I just want us to see as many games as possible with
Fultz, suggs, Franz, ji, wcj
With Cole as 6th man
Second unit
Cole, Harris, chuma, moe, mo
Trade Ross ASAP
Before the draft
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 824

Post#1565 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:17 pm

Orlando Magic's potential starters going forward - leading scorers:
-------------------------------------
18.2 PPG Cole Anthony 2021-22
15.3 PPG Franz Wagner 2021-22
13.3 PPG Wendell Carter Jr. 2021-22
12.9 PPG Markelle Fultz 2020-21
12.8 PPG Jalen Suggs 2021-22
11.9 PPG Jonathan Isaac Asimov 2019-20
10.4 PPG Mo Bamba 2021-22
Keep your politics out of my sports
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,105

Post#1566 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please no one shoot me. But I think the shot definitely looks improved. Objective number one was trying to get rid of that hitch and it looks like major progress.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#1567 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please no one shoot me. But I think the shot definitely looks improved. Objective number one was trying to get rid of that hitch and it looks like major progress.

Why would anyone shoot you? lol... i agree. looks much more natural than before.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,112

Post#1568 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:14 pm

Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:At this stage i just hope we win at least 7 more games to avoid being one of worst teams in history. Only 8 teams during 82 games fell under 13 wins mark. Not that 15-67 is good, but at least it happend multiple times to multiple teams.

Agree. Let's win the last 10 games AND the lottery...Proper rebuilding after we "won the draft" should show SOME growth during the season. Best scenario is some key players return from injury and we finish the season with some momentum and hope without digging so far out of the massive losing ditch we're in that we compromise our lottery odds...this doesn't really account for what I hope is a lot of fireworks at the trade deadline.

Cole came out like a MIP, and is now fading - so there's certainly questions about what he is. ~Yes this is true~
Franz came out like ROY, and is now fading- so there's certainly questions about what he is. ~No, no there isn't he's a rookie~
and on and on to a lesser extent...all I hope for is that we really have enough to tell what we have, by season's end, in Cole, Franz, Suggs, Fultz, Isaac, Okeke, RJ, Bamba ...even TRoss is a question mark this year. E'twaun should have been a limited but reliable vet, not an empty chair.

Harris is playing well, but won't be here next year- hopefully, we have something to show for him.
I think we know what WCJ is...solid but limited, and on a nice deal.
I think Franz is our best player but I don't like to see him hitting the wall lately
MCW hasn't even played but we know he brings 10th man versatility and defensive chaos
Literally everyone else gets an "incomplete" grade ~More or less agreed~
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#1569 » by Viper1500 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:18 pm

Assuming Orlando trades Ross for an expiring I would assume we are planning to throw a hefty contract at a free agent this summer.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1570 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:33 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Assuming Orlando trades Ross for an expiring I would assume we are planning to throw a hefty contract at a free agent this summer.

??? In year 1.5 of a rebuild where we will in all likely have 3 3rd year players, 2 sophomores and 2 incoming rookies? Why would we do that unless we are accelerating to warp speed our rebuild?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,926

Post#1571 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 pm

Wouldn't really say Franz is "fading". Usage is going down a bit and he's had some rookie games in the last few games, but he's exactly that still - a rookie.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#1572 » by LDNMagic90 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Rookie wall for Franz he’ll be fine
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,651

Post#1573 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:Assuming Orlando trades Ross for an expiring I would assume we are planning to throw a hefty contract at a free agent this summer.

??? In year 1.5 of a rebuild where we will in all likely have 3 3rd year players, 2 sophomores and 2 incoming rookies? Why would we do that unless we are accelerating to warp speed our rebuild?

They could sign a big money free agent this summer and still tank next season IMO.

They’ll have enough weaknesses to still finish bottom 5 next year no matter who they sign.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,914

Post#1574 » by thelead » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:18 pm

Franz gave us 15/3/3/2blks on 6/9 shooting last night. The only thing that is fading is his role. We need to give him the ball more.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1575 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:47 pm

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

They could sign a big money free agent this summer and still tank next season IMO.

They’ll have enough weaknesses to still finish bottom 5 next year no matter who they sign.

Would a "BIG MONEY" FA sign with us just to lose games?

If so... would that be the kind of player we want to tie up our cap?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1576 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:17 pm

RookieStar wrote:Would a "BIG MONEY" FA sign with us just to lose games?

If the money is right, I think they would, yes.

Most guys, especially the kind of guys the Magic would be targeting from an age perspective, want money then shots/role then winning in that order.

I also don’t necessarily get too caught up in the idea of tying up cap space because cap space inevitably is finite. If the Magic draft well and make the right kind of trades, they’re eventually going to have to pay to retain guys.

The Magic don’t have to do anything this upcoming offseason if they don’t want to, but by the summer of 2023 they’re going to be closer to a “use it or lose it” kind of situation with their existing cap space.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1577 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 pm

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Would a "BIG MONEY" FA sign with us just to lose games?

If the money is right, I think they would, yes.

Most guys, especially the kind of guys the Magic would be targeting from an age perspective, want money then shots/role then winning in that order.

I also don’t necessarily get too caught up in the idea of tying up cap space because cap space inevitably is finite. If the Magic draft well and make the right kind of trades, they’re eventually going to have to pay to retain guys.

The Magic don’t have to do anything this upcoming offseason if they don’t want to, but by the summer of 2023 they’re going to be closer to a “use it or lose it” kind of situation with their existing cap space.

I was thinking next season FA signing is when we sign that big FA to get us to the mid round of the POs.

Who werr you thinking of when you said we are gonna sign big money this year?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1578 » by Knightro » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:52 am

RookieStar wrote:Iwas thinking next season FA signing is when we sign that big FA to get us to the mid round of the POs.

I agree with you generally.

My expectation is this…

-Make a top 5 pick in the 2022 draft
-Tank next season
-Make a buying trade at next year’s trade deadline, but not something that will destroy the tank
-Make another top 5 pick in the 2023 draft
-Aggressively use cap space in the summer of 2023 via free agent signings and/or trades

If the Magic do decide to push for a free agent this summer, I’d assume Ayton, Bridges and Simons would all be potential targets. They all fit the age range.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,047

Post#1579 » by Ducklett » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:58 am

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Iwas thinking next season FA signing is when we sign that big FA to get us to the mid round of the POs.

My expectation is this…

-Tank next season
-Make a buying trade at next year’s trade deadline, but not something that will destroy the tank
-Aggressively use cap space in the summer of 2023 via free agent signings and/or trades

If the Magic do decide to push for a free agent this summer, I’d assume Ayton, Bridges and Simons would all be potential targets. They all fit the age range.

I am fine with Simons and Ayton. I think most people around here think Simons is a flash in the pan though. I think Ayton is a flash in the pan in some ways too, but you can't teach how big he is.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1580 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:04 am

Knightro wrote:

My expectation is this…

-Tank next season

I think we do not do any big FA signing this 22-23 season... but more like thr usual Aminu-type signing to go along with our top-5 pick and the comeback of Fultz and Ji

Return to Orlando Magic