ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#41 » by thelead » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:03 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Anyone else think Fultz is moved next offseason?

Nope. Not with that Contract. If he still doesn't have a jumper, why would anyone want him at $17 mil per for two more season (if traded next offseason)? And he finds his jumper, why in the world would we trade him?

I think he either succeeds or fails completely here.
YosemiteSam
Sixth Man
And1: 784

Post#42 » by YosemiteSam » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:44 pm

thelead wrote:

Nope. Not with that Contract. If he still doesn't have a jumper, why would anyone want him at $17 mil per for two more season (if traded next offseason)? And he finds his jumper, why in the world would we trade him?

We're really only the hook for the next 2 years - third year is lightly guaranteed team option. So after this coming year any team trading for him would only be responsible for one year

Orlando Magic Salaries

Markelle Fultz: Only $2,000,000 guaranteed for 2023/24, HoopsHype has learned. Contract becomes fully guaranteed if not waived by June 30, 2023.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#43 » by thelead » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:46 pm

YosemiteSam wrote:
thelead wrote:

We're really only the hook for the next 2 years - third year is lightly guaranteed team option. So after this coming year any team trading for him would only be responsible for one year

Orlando Magic Salaries

Markelle Fultz: Only $2,000,000 guaranteed for 2023/24, HoopsHype has learned. Contract becomes fully guaranteed if not waived by June 30, 2023.

I thought so but didn't see it in red on hoopshype when I checked. Now I see the notes section below. Either way, he's either going to become a star here, or become the next Livingston-type of bench player. In any event, I see no reason to trade him.
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 415

Post#44 » by richi_v25 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 pm

I feel like everyone is so quick to write him off, before he got injured he looked pretty good. Even if he loses his starting spot to Suggs he'll be a great 6th man with his speed and size
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#45 » by tiderulz » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:41 pm

richi_v25 wrote:

I feel like everyone is so quick to write him off, before he got injured he looked pretty good. Even if he loses his starting spot to Suggs he'll be a great 6th man with his speed and size

looked the same to me. still no outside shot
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 415

Post#46 » by richi_v25 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:
richi_v25 wrote:

looked the same to me. still no outside shot

Neither does Ben Simmons and he's an All-Star. Fultz is hard to stop going to the rim while also controlling the pace of the game. He can literally take over games as he did against the champs Lakers(21pt,11rb,10a).
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#47 » by Last Guardian » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Imagine the frontline defense if Mosley gets the most out of Bamba....thats scary. Okeke/Wagner/Isaac/Carter/Bamba...wow. Not to mention if we get someone like Otto Porter cheap this summer as vet presence and insurance for injuries.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#48 » by Skybox » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Per title of this thread...new coach, new system, new vibe around the team...I wouldn't count anyone out (or assume they're solid either)...I still think Fultz and Bamba have big upside.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#49 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Hammond on the radio just said they hope to have Markelle ready by start of camp. "He's close; if not by the start, then very shortly after".

:o

Do you understand how **** amazing this is!!!!

Also said Frantz was the pick regardless of who they picked at 5. They loved him.
Suggs can absolutely play with Fultz, and any of our other guards.
I have to listen back again, but it sounds like they ranked Suggs 2/3 on their board. So to get him at 5, they had the same reaction as fans when it actually happened.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,178

Post#50 » by cedric76 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Isnt the press conference today?
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#51 » by eyriq » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Excited about this next rebuild.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#52 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:54 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Hammond on the radio just said they hope to have Markelle ready by start of camp. "He's close; if not by the start, then very shortly after".

Also said Frantz was the pick regardless of who they picked at 5. They loved him.
I have to listen back again, but it sounds like they ranked Suggs 2/3 on their board. So to get him at 5, they had the same reaction as fans when it actually happened.

Was anything mentioned about Isaac? I've been wondering if he will be ready by the start of camp too.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#53 » by RookieStar » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Hammond on the radio just said they hope to have Markelle ready by start of camp. "He's close; if not by the start, then very shortly after".

Was anything mentioned about Isaac? I've been wondering if he will be ready by the start of camp too.

Wasn't JI already believed to be ready to start in the opening? He was further along than Fyktz after all.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#54 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:44 am

RookieStar wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

Wasn't JI already believed to be ready to start in the opening? He was further along than Fyktz after all.

yeah, I fully expect JI to be a participant in camp with some light restrictions; same as Okeke's camp last year. Though Hammond didn't say anything about him, i just pick up tidbits in interviews, and using historical reference with our FO and their non-commital timelines, that lead me to believe he's closer to being cleared than expected.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#55 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 am

I just hope this time off has allowed him to grow into his body && that we can get a healthy version going forward. I'm still such an immense believer in Isaacs's skillset and ability.

This to me is his greatest game, because I think it's a glimpse of how impactful he can be on both ends.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#56 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:29 am

Might have been said already so if it has ignore but we added two new coaches to the staff......

Dale Osbourne

Kaleb Caneles

MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#57 » by MagicTownBaller » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 am

Okay, so I was really thinking about it and I think Fultz is going to end up being our 6th man. He can be a super 6th man playing both PG and SG. Here's my depth chart for next season

PG: Suggs/Fultz/Cole
SG: Hampton/Fultz/Harris
SF: Isaac/Ross
PF: Wagner/Okeke
C: WCJ/Bamba

Obviously, we have a lot of youth. I do think that Harris might start at SF and put Wagner on the bench but I feel Ross and Harris needs to go and we need to get Paul Millsap for our vet.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#58 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm

YosemiteSam wrote:John Hammond - lost chance to try and draft another Giannis type (Barnes)[/list]

Sometimes you have to take the keys away from the alcoholic....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#59 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Definitely possible. The FO gave themselves an easy out to do so. And he’s coming off yet another injury and plays the same position as our stud incoming rookie.

Like Bamba.. it’s all on him to play better. No reason he shouldn’t lead this team in scoring next season
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#60 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:09 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:Okay, so I was really thinking about it and I think Fultz is going to end up being our 6th man. He can be a super 6th man playing both PG and SG. Here's my depth chart for next season

PG: Suggs/Fultz/Cole
SG: Hampton/Fultz/Harris
SF: Isaac/Ross
PF: Wagner/Okeke
C: WCJ/Bamba

Obviously, we have a lot of youth. I do think that Harris might start at SF and put Wagner on the bench but I feel Ross and Harris needs to go and we need to get Paul Millsap for our vet.

I like this rotation . Only thing is that I’d switch Wagner and Isaac. Ross is still the premium 6th man until he’s moved.

Return to Orlando Magic