ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Re: Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#441 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:08 pm

The Effect wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
You'd have to pay Bridges like the star he'll never be. He's really good, but right at that dangerous point where someone might give him a ton of cash and he's not that guy, especially for a team like ours...MPJ is intriguing and maybe if PO saw STAR, they could go all-in on a young potential scoring champ.

No way we should pay for anyone over 24-25 though.

Zero chance MPJ is hitting open market if healthy. Mikal Bridges, makes too much sense for Phoenix and him to extend. I am not sure he gets the Max but I bet he gets more than $25M a year.

Look at the 2017 draft class that were eligible to be restricted free agents this year that were actually available. The only good player available was probably Lonzo Ball. After that it is a bunch of guys who have done very little and/or question marks: Markkanen, Josh Hart, Zach Collins, Malik Monk.

I see Mikal Bridges as a more rounded version of OG Anunoby who was extended last offseason.

Looking at next year's class (2018 draftees). Our bigs might be available. Sexton will be the cream of the crop, who is probably pretty controversial. Miles Bridges, if you squint hard enough.

I dont think the suns can afford to sign him
Ayton is about to get maxed, CP3 just got 30m a year extension, booker is already getting over 30m, crowder and saric are both making over 10 each for the next 2 years and the suns are gonna need to lock up Cam Johnson soon as well, who will be much cheaper than bridges, so they may choose to go that route

I mean to start next years, theres a good chance that CP3, Booker and Ayton are making 100m cost them 100m in cap space a year...not alot of wiggle room after that
With that said, unless this team plays way above what anyone is thinking and is a playoff team and everyone lives up to their potential where Isaac is an all-nba level player off his defense, fults regains his UW skill level, Suggs is the ROY, one of the centers plays like a top 5 pick and one of okeke\wagner because star quality players....... Unless all those things happen, we arent 1 player away, and I dont see the point in signing a high level priced FA.

Since i can't qualify what bridges would be outside of his current situation... I would find it hard to pay him to become part of our cornerstone like that. Otto Porter Vibes for me. :-/
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,789

Post#442 » by RookieStar » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:10 pm

magickingdom wrote:Why do these guys always wait till the end of the summer?
I would think that I would get it done the week after the season was over.
Then you got time to heal, relax, and still get a vacation in.

Same.. what, did he just injure it now? I mean we got eliminated pretty early, I would have thought he starts booking an appointment right after the last game.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#443 » by RookieStar » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Does Okeke look slimmer to you guys? Is this even him? lol
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#444 » by jonbob17 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 pm

The Effect wrote:
I dont think the suns can afford to sign him
Ayton is about to get maxed, CP3 just got 30m a year extension, booker is already getting over 30m, crowder and saric are both making over 10 each for the next 2 years and the suns are gonna need to lock up Cam Johnson soon as well, who will be much cheaper than bridges, so they may choose to go that route

I mean to start next years, theres a good chance that CP3, Booker and Ayton are making 100m cost them 100m in cap space a year...not alot of wiggle room after that

With that said, unless this team plays way above what anyone is thinking and is a playoff team and everyone lives up to their potential where Isaac is an all-nba level player off his defense, fults regains his UW skill level, Suggs is the ROY, one of the centers plays like a top 5 pick and one of okeke\wagner because star quality players....... Unless all those things happen, we arent 1 player away, and I dont see the point in signing a high level priced FA.

If the Suns were to extend Ayton at the max (not advisable), and Mikal Bridges at $25M, with their current guys, and then round out the roster with vet minimums, that would put them at about $164M in 2022-23

For reference teams total salaries for the upcoming season. Bucks $159M, Lakers $153M, Nets $176M, Warriors $184M, Clippers $168M, Jazz $155M,
with the tax line at $136.6M in 21-22 and and $145m in 22-23.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#445 » by pepe1991 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:48 am

Miles Bridges pretty much is Otto Porter 2.
Spot up shooter 6'8, who can defend and somebody will be dumb enough to dump $100M contract. In maen time, for basically same things, guys like Reggie Bullock or Royce O'neal will be payed $10M
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#446 » by zaymon » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:38 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does Okeke look slimmer to you guys? Is this even him? lol

He definetly looks slimmer !!! SF Okeke coming up... That would fix a lot of our problems.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#447 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:55 pm

zaymon wrote:He definetly looks slimmer !!! SF Okeke coming up... That would fix a lot of our problems.

Chuma was always one of our starting forwards in my projections. I feel sorry for any forward in the league having to go up against Chuma/JI.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#448 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
zaymon wrote:He definetly looks slimmer !!! SF Okeke coming up... That would fix a lot of our problems.

Chuma was always one of our starting forwards in my projections. I feel sorry for any forward in the league having to go up against Chuma/JI.

Chuma is not that great on defense and Isaac cant stay healthy. lets not go overboard
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#449 » by zaymon » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:10 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

Chuma is not that great on defense and Isaac cant stay healthy. lets not go overboard

By my eye test he was very good on defense last year. Going by advanced stats he was our best defender for a player who played over 400 minutes last season. Thats a rookie coming after acl injury and second injury during a year.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#450 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:45 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

I disagree on Chuma. As a rookie, he showed great ability to defend and improve. I project him to be an upper-echelon defender on the wing.

As for JI, no debate, he can't stay healthy. But when he is healthy, he's a top 3 defender in this league.

My original comment still stands, I feel sorry for any forward that will have to go up against that pairing.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#451 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Just noticed that our #1, #2 and #3 centers are all free agents in 2022.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2022/
Keep your politics out of my sports
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#452 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Chuma was always one of our starting forwards in my projections. I feel sorry for any forward in the league having to go up against Chuma/JI.

I disagree on Chuma. As a rookie, he showed great ability to defend and improve. I project him to be an upper-echelon defender on the wing.

As for JI, no debate, he can't stay healthy. But when he is healthy, he's a top 3 defender in this league.

My original comment still stands, I feel sorry for any forward that will have to go up against that pairing.

didnt he play PF last year when he had his breakout stretch? he needs to lose some weight imo if he is going to play SF more, and improve ball handling.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#453 » by RookieStar » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Chuma is not that great on defense and Isaac cant stay healthy. lets not go overboard

didnt he play PF last year when he had his breakout stretch? he needs to lose some weight imo if he is going to play SF more, and improve ball handling.

Based on that video above, didn't he already lose weight?
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#454 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:38 am

CZ Eddie wrote:Just noticed that our #1, #2 and #3 centers are all free agents in 2022.

and the 2022 draft is deep with big guys. We'll re-sign one probably draft another.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#455 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:44 am

I haven't seen Bamba in any of the South Carolina videos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#456 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:45 am

tiderulz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Chuma is not that great on defense and Isaac cant stay healthy. lets not go overboard

he was 1 of the F's on the floor and had a nice PnR game as the ball handler. Him and JI will start, and they're both talented and versatile enough to defend whoever. I'm sure he'll improve his ball handling, since he was only a rookie.

It's going to be fun to watch him grow. His ceiling is really unknown.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#457 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:30 am

CZ Eddie wrote:Just noticed that our #1, #2 and #3 centers are all free agents in 2022.

Just in time to add our actual longterm starting center in the draft.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#458 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:10 am

Nyce_1 wrote:

Yea i'm sure Lebron; Durant, Giannis are having sleepless nights before facing team projected to win 23 games this year :roll:

People here were saying same things right before Raptors series. "Gordon and Isaac will lock down Kawhi and Siakam"... and sure they did, they held them on cumulative 60ppg on some epic 50-50-85 splis :lol:

It's nba , you are not holding down superstar by any strech of imagination, one screen and your best defender is no longer on opponents best player, instad he is guarding some Pat Connaughton after forcing switch, while your weakest link ( Cole Anthony) is looking foolish trying to stop Giannis from attacking rim.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#459 » by drsd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:50 am

Carter and Bamba are restricted though (i.e. contracts can be matched).

zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#460 » by zaymon » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:21 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

Yea i'm sure Lebron; Durant, Giannis are having sleepless nights before facing team projected to win 23 games this year :roll:

People here were saying same things right before Raptors series. "Gordon and Isaac will lock down Kawhi and Siakam"... and sure they did, they held them on cumulative 60ppg on some epic 50-50-85 splis :lol:

It's nba , you are not holding down superstar by any strech of imagination, one screen and your best defender is no longer on opponents best player, instad he is guarding some Pat Connaughton after forcing switch, while your weakest link ( Cole Anthony) is looking foolish trying to stop Giannis from attacking rim.

I think you are touching very important part of our team building strategy. Look at our team, weakest defender against star forwards will propably be Suggs. 6'4 bulky guard, those often play small forward in smallball lineups. You can shoot over him, but he will be physical, not giving you space, just like Jrue is doing (Suggs is bigger but with shorter wingspan).
Lets say you leave Suggs on screen and then what ? We can switch with bigger defenders or meet attacker at the rim. Isaac, Okeke and Wagner have one in common... they can all protect the rim. You put one weak shooter on any of them and its swat city.
Gordon was not a rim protector. His rotations and timing were bad. Carter is also better rim protector than Vucevic.

Return to Orlando Magic