ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Re: Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#501 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:47 pm

Banchero looks like AG to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,508

Post#502 » by SOUL » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:19 am

Every athletic prospect is not AG. Kuminga, Barnes, Banchero, etc. It's a lazy comparison imo. The former two already look like different players style wise just from a few games in SL.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#503 » by basketballRob » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:09 am

SOUL wrote:Every athletic prospect is not AG. Kuminga, Barnes, Banchero, etc. It's a lazy comparison imo. The former two already look like different players style wise just from a few games in SL.
His movements and size look identical to me.

nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#504 » by nicnac215 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:15 am

basketballRob wrote:
SOUL wrote:Every athletic prospect is not AG. Kuminga, Barnes, Banchero, etc. It's a lazy comparison imo. The former two already look like different players style wise just from a few games in SL.

No chance AG looked at tall and long as Banchero. 2.5”-3” easy
Sammyzc+1
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#505 » by Sammyzc+1 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:32 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

No chance AG looked at tall and long as Banchero. 2.5”-3” easy

Isn't Banchero like 6'9+?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,248

Post#506 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:29 am

Benchero is 6'10, allegedly 250 pounds. So he is alredy bigger ,stronger than Gordon ever was.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#507 » by drsd » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:46 pm

An interesting editorial about Ross as a starter:
OMD: Orlando Magic cannot eliminate Terrence Ross as a starter

In the end this is about Okeke or Ross as a starter, in my opinion. And from my view, Ross next to Isaac makes more sense than Okeke.

I guess this is the opening-night depth chart with Ross as a starter:

Suggs/Anthony
Harris/Hampton/Brazdeikis(2W)
Ross/F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke/M-Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Lopez

It does illustrate the need for another PG in the short term (i.e. a probable 2W contract to a Chasson Randle-type).

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#508 » by Skybox » Thu Sep 2, 2021 2:09 pm

drsd wrote:An interesting editorial about Ross as a starter:
OMD: Orlando Magic cannot eliminate Terrence Ross as a starter

In the end this is about Okeke or Ross as a starter, in my opinion. And from my view, Ross next to Isaac makes more sense than Okeke.

I guess this is the opening-night depth chart with Ross as a starter:

Suggs/Anthony
Harris/Hampton/Brazdeikis(2W)
Ross/F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke/M-Wagner
Carter/Bamba/Lopez

It does illustrate the need for another PG in the short term (i.e. a probable 2W contract to a Chasson Randle-type).

That will be intriguing...some here call Hampton a PG - maybe he'll get some minutes in that role while awaiting Fultz and MCW. I'd really like to see Ross in a less manic (6th man flamethrower chucker) role. If he can show that he can produce more efficiently in a bigger role, he's a nice piece (even if just at the trade deadline). I'm a fan of his.

Some of these young guys need to grab their spots early...Hampton, Anthony, Okeke, F. Wagner and Bamba, IMO, have real opportunities to grab a leading role right out of the gate before the team is back at full strength. I think their early performances will have implications at trade deadline - I can't imagine we still have Bamba AND WCJ after the TD (for example). I also could see Anthony or Hampton being moved if the fit (or need) isn't there. This is in addition to vets like Harris, Ross, MCW, Lopez being candidates as well.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#509 » by nymets1 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 2:50 pm

I have 2 fantasy basketball teams so far on ESPN

Team 1

PG- Trae
SG- SGA
SF- Anthony Edwards
PF- Tatum
C- Mason Plumlee
G- Kyrie
F- Miles Bridges
Utility- Jalen Green
Utility- Jalen Suggs
Utility- Malik Beasley
Bench- De'andre Hunter
Bench- Jonathan Kuminga
Bench- Alperen Sengun

Team 2

PG- Kyrie
SG- Jimmy Butler
SF- Anthony Edwards
PF- Tatum
C- Chris Boucher
G- Kemba
F- Malik Beasley
Utility- Ja Morant
Utility- Jalen Green
Utility- Jalen Suggs
Bench- Kevin Porter Jr
Bench- Jonathan Kuminga
Bench- Alperen Sengun

Kuminga is ranked 685 in ESPN leagues. It's easy for me to draft him with one of my last picks. He'll fit in well with Golden State and he'll motivated that he thought he was going top 5. This is the 1st year in fantasy basketball that I drafted rookies. I like Jaylen Green, Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Kuminga and Alperen Sengun the best in fantasy basketball. I think I would have Josh Giddey in the top 5 with them but I already get set with enough guards.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#510 » by basketballRob » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:16 pm

Look's like AG still has his house here. He posted himself there on IG.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#511 » by drsd » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:29 pm

jonbob17 wrote:My point is the Magic aren't going to be moving young guys right now for a player who isn't moving the needle. Does Hield add to the win total? Probably helps them win a couple extra. We'd be replacing a young guards minutes with a veterans. Our guards are going to make a lot of mistakes, so reducing those mistakes would add to wins.

I don't think of us know what the front office's long term plans are. I think they would be trying to win in 22-23, but they very well could be taking the long view, and are more concerned just developing the young guys for a couple more years.

The only trade I can see the Magic making where the we are sending out young prospects is if a young star(ish) or undervalued young guy is coming back. Ben Simmons is absolutely a star, undervalued, and relatively young. Hield is certainly not anything close to a star. He may be undervalued since he is paid so much, but of course he is not young, same age as Fournier.

I like the idea of starting to sign free agents next offseason when we have a better idea of who the nucleus of this team will be. I believe Hampton will be the SG of the future. He has a long, long way to go, but he has the size and athleticism. Just needs to improve skills and continue to get acclimated to the speed and spacing of the NBA game.

I moved this as the conversation is moving away from Simmons.

Hampton at SG: well that guarantees Fultz to be traded. But he and Okeke for a top-10 SF, that might make for a good roster.

2022/23 Magic:
Suggs/Anthony
Hampton/Ross
Shiny-player/F-Wagner
Isaac/M-Wagner
Carter/Bamba

Add a rookie and a couple low-end Free-Agents, I would be interested to see what this roster could provide Wins wise.

jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#512 » by jonbob17 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:39 pm

drsd wrote:

Hampton at SG: well that guarantees Fultz to be traded. But he and Okeke for a top-10 SF, that might make for a good roster.

2022/23 Magic:
Suggs/Anthony
Hampton/Ross
Shiny-player/F-Wagner
Isaac/M-Wagner
Carter/Bamba

Add a rookie and a couple low-end Free-Agents, I would be interested to see what this roster could provide Wins wise.

I'm not here just to argue with you...BUT....we need to see what Fultz is and what Suggs is. We've got Fultz for two years guaranteed. If he out plays his contract do we really want to move him? If Fultz doesn't live up to $16.5M a year is he tradeable. That's real money.

We have all the time to figure out what our team is.

I would absolutely love get a real SF in here. I wanted to trade into the middle of the first for Ziaire Williams, but he did go earlier than most expected. I also would have really like BJ Boston, even if he is a little shorter and smaller at 6'6" barefoot, 188lbs. You gotta take swings on these wings and hope they turn out. Can't believe we just sold our 2nd rounder.

It's so hard to get a good, tall wing right now. Every young one that shows any sort of promise signs an extension off their rookie deal. They just don't get traded to often. Who is possibly available? Cam Reddish? Rumor is the Hawks want a ransom. T.J. Mcconnel? Could be someone we target next offseason as a free agent, i imagine he could get a good bit in a trade, even as a rental.

I guess the point is if we want to trade for a top 10 SF we better be ready to give up HEAPS of assets.
Top 9 SFs by my estimation:
1. KD
2. Kawhi
3. Luka
4. Lebron
5. PG
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Tatum
8. Middleton
9. Jalen Brown

Honorable mentions:
MPJ
Brandon Ingram
Mikal Bridges
Gordon Hayward
OG Anunoby
Deandre Hunter
Jerami Grant
Derozan

The overwhelming majority of these guys are ungettable for the Magic
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#513 » by basketballRob » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:10 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
drsd wrote:

2022/23 Magic:
Suggs/Anthony
Hampton/Ross
Shiny-player/F-Wagner
Isaac/M-Wagner
Carter/Bamba

I'm not here just to argue with you...BUT....we need to see what Fultz is and what Suggs is. We've got Fultz for two years guaranteed. If he out plays his contract do we really want to move him? If Fultz doesn't live up to $16.5M a year is he tradeable. That's real money.

We have all the time to figure out what our team is.

I would absolutely love get a real SF in here. I wanted to trade into the middle of the first for Ziaire Williams, but he did go earlier than most expected. I also would have really like BJ Boston, even if he is a little shorter and smaller at 6'6" barefoot, 188lbs. You gotta take swings on these wings and hope they turn out. Can't believe we just sold our 2nd rounder.

It's so hard to get a good, tall wing right now. Every young one that shows any sort of promise signs an extension off their rookie deal. They just don't get traded to often. Who is possibly available? Cam Reddish? Rumor is the Hawks want a ransom. T.J. Mcconnel? Could be someone we target next offseason as a free agent, i imagine he could get a good bit in a trade, even as a rental.

I guess the point is if we want to trade for a top 10 SF we better be ready to give up HEAPS of assets.
Top 9 SFs by my estimation:
1. KD
2. Kawhi
3. Luka
4. Lebron
5. PG
6. Jimmy Butler
7. Tatum
8. Middleton
9. Jalen Brown

Honorable mentions:
MPJ
Brandon Ingram
Mikal Bridges
Gordon Hayward
OG Anunoby
Deandre Hunter
Jerami Grant
Derozan

The overwhelming majority of these guys are ungettable for the Magic
MPJ is a restricted free agent next season and Denver will likely have to go way over the luxury tax threshold to re-sign him. If our team shows promise this season, we could be an attractive destination for him.

jonbob17
Analyst

Post#514 » by jonbob17 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:56 am

basketballRob wrote:MPJ is a restricted free agent next season and Denver will likely have to go way over the luxury tax threshold to re-sign him. If our team shows promise this season, we could be an attractive destination for him.

Sure, but that is what contenders do, go deep into the tax. I would be floored if they didn't sign him to an extension this offseason. Even more shocked if they let him get away next offseason.

Denver does have AG coming off the books after this season. They have 8 guys under contract and are $22M under the tax. MPJ would get up to 5/173M, starting off at $29M, so yeah they would be going into the tax.

Worst case (for Nuggets), MPJ wants out for whatever reason, they do a sign and trade and the demand is extremely high.
Other worst case for both Nuggets and MPJ, he doesn't extend and he gets badly injured at which point he resigns next year with Denver. That is why he will resign this offseason. The only chance he gets more is if he were to make the all-NBA team, seems unlikely but not impossible, not a risk I would take.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#515 » by basketballRob » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:04 am

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:MPJ is a restricted free agent next season and Denver will likely have to go way over the luxury tax threshold to re-sign him. If our team shows promise this season, we could be an attractive destination for him.

Sure, but that is what contenders do, go deep into the tax. I would be floored if they didn't sign him to an extension this offseason. Even more shocked if they let him get away next offseason.

Denver does have AG coming off the books after this season. They have 8 guys under contract and are $22M under the tax. MPJ would get up to 5/173M, starting off at $29M, so yeah they would be going into the tax.

Worst case (for Nuggets), MPJ wants out for whatever reason, they do a sign and trade and the demand is extremely high.
Other worst case for both Nuggets and MPJ, he doesn't extend and he gets badly injured at which point he resigns next year with Denver. That is why he will resign this offseason. The only chance he gets more is if he were to make the all-NBA team, seems unlikely but not impossible, not a risk I would take.
Can't imagine Denver will keep 3 max players. They may very well keep AG and trade MPJ.

jonbob17
Analyst

Post#516 » by jonbob17 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:13 am

basketballRob wrote:Can't imagine Denver will keep 3 max players. They may very well keep AG and trade MPJ.

What would you trade for MPJ 5/173 ?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#517 » by basketballRob » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:24 am

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Can't imagine Denver will keep 3 max players. They may very well keep AG and trade MPJ.

We could clear the space to outright sign him next season.

I'd probably trade Chuma, next year's pick, and the Denver pick back. If they wanted to trade him this year.

They'd have to take back matched salaries.

jonbob17
Analyst

Post#518 » by jonbob17 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:17 pm

basketballRob wrote:

I'd probably trade Chuma, next year's pick, and the Denver pick back. If they wanted to trade him this year.

That is a real trade. I'd be curious to see what adding MPJ would do to our win total future.
An unprotected first from one of worst teams in the league is going to have a lot of value. You don't really see those traded any more.

With that said, I fully expect Denver to keep MPJ. Jokic and Murray are both on their 2nd contracts, so they are not crazy amounts (MPJ 29M, 32M, 32M). No reason they can't keep MPJ too.

Look at the Lakers big 3 in 2022-23(38M, 45M, 47M). Or even more fun the Warriors top 4 (26M, 34M, 41M, 48M). Nets (37,44,47)
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,248

Post#519 » by pepe1991 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:28 pm

basketballRob wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:

Porter flat out isn't worth max contract.
Two major things :
a) injuries. Guy hardly played half of aveliable games over 3 years. (116 out of max 224). Main reason why he fell so much in draft was injury risk.
There is something to be said about guy who's familly injury list looks like this

Porter injuries from oldest to youngest:
Bri - Five torn ACLs, medically retired.
Cierra - Multiple knee surgeries, medically retired.
Michael - Two back surgeries, played three games (really two) at Missouri.
Jontay - Torn ACL and MCL.

b) for player that will cost you over $120M over 4 years, he just isn't that amazing.
He is scorer, but does not make anybody around him better and realies heavily on fact that teams gank on Jokić that gives him a lot of open looks that normally would not exist for him. His efficiency is sky-high but it's probably way more tied with fact he plays with Jokic than that he is that amazing. His assistt numbers are putrid.
He realies heavily on shooting over people,draws very little fouls and in general isn't really go- to guy. His playstyle is very similar to Tobias Harris. And i'm not sure i want to use all my cap space on Tobias Harris injury prone guy.

Also i don't see how Fultz, Bamba, Wendell, Isaac and Michael Porter JR give Orlando bright future. Those guys are injury waiting to happen. Non of them plays 60% of games, let alone 80-90% games required to actually be good team.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#520 » by basketballRob » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:31 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

That is a real trade. I'd be curious to see what adding MPJ would do to our win total future.
An unprotected first from one of worst teams in the league is going to have a lot of value. You don't really see those traded any more.

With that said, I fully expect Denver to keep MPJ. Jokic and Murray are both on their 2nd contracts, so they are not crazy amounts (MPJ 29M, 32M, 32M). No reason they can't keep MPJ too.

Look at the Lakers big 3 in 2022-23(38M, 45M, 47M). Or even more fun the Warriors top 4 (26M, 34M, 41M, 48M). Nets (37,44,47)
Denver doesn't have Brooklyn, Lakers, or Warriors money. If the did they would've already max him.

Mikal Bridges is another interesting player. The Suns already have Paul, Booker, and Ayton signed to max like contracts. They haven't extended him either.

Return to Orlando Magic