ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Re: Official Spec Thread: New Head Coach Era 

Post#61 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:45 pm

There’s absolutely no reason to trade Fultz.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#62 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:47 pm

richi_v25 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
richi_v25 wrote:
I feel like everyone is so quick to write him off, before he got injured he looked pretty good. Even if he loses his starting spot to Suggs he'll be a great 6th man with his speed and size

looked the same to me. still no outside shot

Neither does Ben Simmons and he's an All-Star. Fultz is hard to stop going to the rim while also controlling the pace of the game. He can literally take over games as he did against the champs Lakers(21pt,11rb,10a).
Except Ben Simmons is an athletic freak capable of playing 1-5 and is a great defender and a very good rebounder not to mention a good passer.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#63 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm

richi_v25 wrote:Neither does Ben Simmons and he's an All-Star. Fultz is hard to stop going to the rim while also controlling the pace of the game. He can literally take over games as he did against the champs Lakers(21pt,11rb,10a).

Simmons is 5 inches taller and a 1st team All-NBA defender. Fultz has a long way to go on that side of the court if he wants to justify his inability to shoot off the dribble/In general.

I just don’t see him as a starting level guard. I’m not in a rush to move him, but I certainly think he’s the odd man out.

There’s still this narrative that he was good pre injury, when in reality by most advanced metrics he was one of the worst rotational guards in the league.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#64 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm

It would be funny if we traded Fultz and a heavily protected future 1st to Philly for Ben Simmons.
Keep your politics out of my sports
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#65 » by MagicTownBaller » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:21 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:Okay, so I was really thinking about it and I think Fultz is going to end up being our 6th man. He can be a super 6th man playing both PG and SG. Here's my depth chart for next season

PG: Suggs/Fultz/Cole
SG: Hampton/Fultz/Harris
SF: Isaac/Ross
PF: Wagner/Okeke
C: WCJ/Bamba

Obviously, we have a lot of youth. I do think that Harris might start at SF and put Wagner on the bench but I feel Ross and Harris needs to go and we need to get Paul Millsap for our vet.

I like this rotation . Only thing is that I’d switch Wagner and Isaac. Ross is still the premium 6th man until he’s moved.

I think Wagner and Isaac will be interchangeable at the Forward spot, which is great to me.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#66 » by richi_v25 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 pm

TDJacksonville wrote:
richi_v25 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:looked the same to me. still no outside shot

Neither does Ben Simmons and he's an All-Star. Fultz is hard to stop going to the rim while also controlling the pace of the game. He can literally take over games as he did against the champs Lakers(21pt,11rb,10a).
Except Ben Simmons is an athletic freak capable of playing 1-5 and is a great defender and a very good rebounder not to mention a good passer.

Not buying what you're selling, yes Ben is taller as the other comment mentioned but Fultz is also a great defender, rebounder and passer. Unlike Ben though he has a midrange shot plus he was starting to develop his 3. I'm not saying he's taking us to the promiss land on his own but he's also not a lost cause.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#67 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:07 am

I don't think Fultz's ceiling is even up to Simmons level, regardless, with Hampton, Cole and now Suggs all capable of playing the point, this team won't be trading for another PG.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,285

Post#68 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 8:55 am

Umm...Ben Simmons stands at 6'10 with 41 inch vertical, witch makes him only player along Mason Plumlee who ever recorded +40 inch vertical standing over 6'10 in history of draft combines.
Ben Simmons can average 4 ppg and be better player than Fultz at 12-15 ppg due fact he is easly top 5 defender in last decade.

Where people always have thories how Lebron COULD defend all 5 positions or how Giannis COULD defend 5 positions, Ben Simmons is only one who actually gets dirty and does it. We talk about 6'10 player who was chasing 6'1 Trae Young for whole playoff series and was switching on Capela and Collins when it was needed.
He had mental meltdown at FT line but that's story for another day, his defense on Trae Young resulted him shooting 5-23 in game 7. And Trea just abused foul baiting rule to the point where nba decided to change whole officiating for 2021-22 season. ( second time this happend in 5 years, after Harden forced them into changing ball swing under defender's hands rule ).

Comparing him to... Markelle Fultz... is insult to basketball. Fultz is 6'3- 6'4 guard who can't play anything but on ball - playmaker because he has no purpose in modern basketball without jumpshot. What execlly he could do for you if he is not ballhandling? He can't spot up, he won't set screens, he won't get rebounds, he won't stand at dunker's spot.
And as actual playmaker he never showed he is anything more than mediocrity. His floor vision and creativity is fairly limited. He is best when he has is guarded by small and/or unathletic players ( hence , best games he ever had were vs Wizards without Westbrook, vs Minessota against D'angello , Warriors against, again D'angelo Russell and Nets vs Dinwiddie). It's not hard to se pattern. Always best againt bad teams, always no show against teams that have some logical structure of their defense. He is very predictable, just take away driving space and dare him to shoot.

In that playoffs where he played, he averaged 12 points on 12 shots. Should i even explain how bad that is? 47,6% TS is almost 10% worst than league's average. Mario Hezonja's career efficiency in nba is 51,6% , just to get clear picture how bad it is.

Why da *** we drafted Suggs if there will be some Fultz-favoring and moving Suggs at SG just to justfy playing Fultz?
At some point you have to flush toilet on guys like Fultz ,Bamba and whoever busts out from other young players. Their inability to develop and be positive players despite being in nba for 4 and 5 years is their own fault.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 508

Post#69 » by Ralof » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:32 am

that backcourt is crowded,even after we trade ross or g.harris.
fultz-anthony-suggs-ross/harris-hampton

even with rj getting minutes as small forward and ross or harris traded we are gonna be too many for two spots;and i am not even count mcw that is still under contract

that said,is something we could figure later in the season,fultz will be on minutes restriction for a while,but at some point we'll have to.

already made the same mistake last time we rebuild
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#70 » by drsd » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:49 am

Ralof wrote:that backcourt is crowded,even after we trade ross or g.harris.

even with rj getting minutes as small forward and ross or harris traded we are gonna be too many for two spots;and i am not even count mcw that is still under contract

that said,is something we could figure later in the season,fultz will be on minutes restriction for a while,but at some point we'll have to.

Between Suggs, Fultz, Anthony, and Hampton, there will be an odd man out. I predict Anthony. Mostly because he is already pretty close to his ceiling and the Magic might as well get value now for him.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#71 » by RookieStar » Sun Aug 1, 2021 11:00 am

drsd wrote:

Between Suggs, Fultz, Anthony, and Hampton, there will be an odd man out. I predict Anthony. Mostly because he is already pretty close to his ceiling and the Magic might as well get value now for him.

Why do the two of you sounds like you haven't heard of the word "injury" ?? I mean we practically saw it last season when contenders like DEN and BKN couldnt achieve the finals.

Have you forgotten when we were screaming wtf was with our team when we had Iwundu, Aminu, AG,JI,Okeke for our F spots and we ended up in the POs scraping the bottom of the barrel for Clark?

Plus as far as I know, covid protocols are still in place and any one of them could easily be sidelined for 2 weeks just on the suspicion and testing of being infected.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#72 » by drsd » Sun Aug 1, 2021 11:49 am

RookieStar wrote:Why do the two of you sounds like you haven't heard of the word "injury" ?? I mean we practically saw it last season when contenders like DEN and BKN couldnt achieve the finals.

Have you forgotten when we were screaming wtf was with our team when we had Iwundu, Aminu, AG,JI,Okeke for our F spots and we ended up in the POs scraping the bottom of the barrel for Clark?

Plus as far as I know, covid protocols are still in place and any one of them could easily be sidelined for 2 weeks just on the suspicion and testing of being infected.

You could easily translate that to the forward slots. Having another forward behind Isaac and Okeke will be very important for this team.

And it's not like Bamba has been "healthy".

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#74 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:46 pm

drsd wrote:

what? I completely disagree with this. Out of those guys I think Fultz is closest to his ceiling.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#75 » by 89Magicfan » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:55 pm

If Fultz can’t become a better shooter, it’s not going to work. You don’t take the ball out of Suggs hands because Fultz can’t do anything without it.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#76 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:26 pm

drsd wrote:

Fultz is closer to his ceiling then Anthony. Fultz has yet to find a respectable jump shot
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,146

Post#77 » by Def Swami » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:30 pm

I don't think there needs to be any urgency to make any of these decisions. Just let the season play out. The team will get enough information on how to build going forward through training camp, preseason, and regular season.

The first decision will be Bamba vs Carter since those extensions are coming up. I can't see us paying both guys next season. Picking the right one or punting on both will be a vital choice.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#78 » by tiderulz » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:43 pm

drsd wrote:

i never get this. a player reaches his ceiling after his rookie year? really?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#79 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:58 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Umm...Ben Simmons stands at 6'10 with 41 inch vertical, witch makes him only player along Mason Plumlee who ever recorded +40 inch vertical standing over 6'10 in history of draft combines.
Ben Simmons can average 4 ppg and be better player than Fultz at 12-15 ppg due fact he is easly top 5 defender in last decade.

Where people always have thories how Lebron COULD defend all 5 positions or how Giannis COULD defend 5 positions, Ben Simmons is only one who actually gets dirty and does it. We talk about 6'10 player who was chasing 6'1 Trae Young for whole playoff series and was switching on Capela and Collins when it was needed.
He had mental meltdown at FT line but that's story for another day, his defense on Trae Young resulted him shooting 5-23 in game 7. And Trea just abused foul baiting rule to the point where nba decided to change whole officiating for 2021-22 season. ( second time this happend in 5 years, after Harden forced them into changing ball swing under defender's hands rule ).

Comparing him to... Markelle Fultz... is insult to basketball. Fultz is 6'3- 6'4 guard who can't play anything but on ball - playmaker because he has no purpose in modern basketball without jumpshot. What execlly he could do for you if he is not ballhandling? He can't spot up, he won't set screens, he won't get rebounds, he won't stand at dunker's spot.
And as actual playmaker he never showed he is anything more than mediocrity. His floor vision and creativity is fairly limited. He is best when he has is guarded by small and/or unathletic players ( hence , best games he ever had were vs Wizards without Westbrook, vs Minessota against D'angello , Warriors against, again D'angelo Russell and Nets vs Dinwiddie). It's not hard to se pattern. Always best againt bad teams, always no show against teams that have some logical structure of their defense. He is very predictable, just take away driving space and dare him to shoot.

In that playoffs where he played, he averaged 12 points on 12 shots. Should i even explain how bad that is? 47,6% TS is almost 10% worst than league's average. Mario Hezonja's career efficiency in nba is 51,6% , just to get clear picture how bad it is.

Why da *** we drafted Suggs if there will be some Fultz-favoring and moving Suggs at SG just to justfy playing Fultz?
At some point you have to flush toilet on guys like Fultz ,Bamba and whoever busts out from other young players. Their inability to develop and be positive players despite being in nba for 4 and 5 years is their own fault.

I'm also assuming that health had nothing to play with the Fultz and even bamba trajectory. Yes... at some point we will have to make decisions... but i'm pretty sure that the FO is going to give everyone a fair shake as well before pulling any triggers. and At the 5th pick with one who some say could be a future allstar and so on... you take them no matter what and figure out the details afterwards.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#80 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:16 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
YosemiteSam wrote:John Hammond - lost chance to try and draft another Giannis type (Barnes)[/list]

Sometimes you have to take the keys away from the alcoholic....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app

Raps fans wish they took the keys away from Masai; he's been chasing Giannis since he missed out on him in 2013. He's obsessed with finding his white whale.

Return to Orlando Magic