ImageImageImageImage

The Official Jalen Suggs Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO JALEN SUGGS!!!! 

Post#601 » by fendilim » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:59 am

jonbob17 wrote:
drsd wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:I'm telling you Suggs could have a Dejounte Murray type of stat line early in his career.

I hope not.

2016-17: 3ppg/1apg/1rpg
2017-18: 8ppg/3apg/4rpg
2018-19: Did Not Play (injury—torn right anterior cruciate ligament)

But looking at his return year, there is hope for Fultz though:
2019-20: 11ppg/4apg/5rpg

Suggs early career could resemble recent Murray.

Murray of the Nuggets???

Suggs is not the type of scorer he is.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#602 » by basketballRob » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:43 am

fendilim wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
drsd wrote:
I hope not.

2016-17: 3ppg/1apg/1rpg
2017-18: 8ppg/3apg/4rpg
2018-19: Did Not Play (injury—torn right anterior cruciate ligament)

But looking at his return year, there is hope for Fultz though:
2019-20: 11ppg/4apg/5rpg

Suggs early career could resemble recent Murray.

Murray of the Nuggets???

Murray is a better shooter. Suggs does almost everything else better, which is pretty exciting.

I've always liked Murray's size for a PG, he seems to bully small PG's. Suggs might be slightly bigger than him. Suggs' standing reach is 8'3", Murray's is 8'1".

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#603 » by jonbob17 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:
fendilim wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:Suggs early career could resemble recent Murray.

Murray of the Nuggets???

Murray is a better shooter. Suggs does almost everything else better, which is pretty exciting.

I've always liked Murray's size for a PG, he seems to bully small PG's. Suggs might be slightly bigger than him. Suggs' standing reach is 8'3", Murray's is 8'1".

Early Suggs's career could resemble recent Dejounte Murray of the Spurs. Last year 15.7 points, 7.1 reb, 5.4 ast with 1.5 steals. Suggs looks to be an elite rebounder for the position with good defense.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#604 » by nicnac215 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:57 am

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
fendilim wrote:Murray of the Nuggets???

Early Suggs's career could resemble recent Dejounte Murray of the Spurs. Last year 15.7 points, 7.1 reb, 5.4 ast with 1.5 steals. Suggs looks to be an elite rebounder for the position with good defense.

No chance Suggs has that bad of a career. He is a star. I’m thinking best prospect since Luka.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#605 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:57 am

nicnac215 wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Murray is a better shooter. Suggs does almost everything else better, which is pretty exciting.

No chance Suggs has that bad of a career. He is a star. I’m thinking best prospect since Luka.

Huh? Lamelo? Edwards? Zion?

Where i'm not big fan of Zion ( to say least) guy is out there averaging 27 ppg on 65% TS at age of 20.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#606 » by fendilim » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:38 am

pepe1991 wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:

Where i'm not big fan of Zion ( to say least) guy is out there averaging 27 ppg on 65% TS at age of 20.

Hahaha yeah, too many homers.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#607 » by nicnac215 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 pm

fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:No chance Suggs has that bad of a career. He is a star. I’m thinking best prospect since Luka.

People will look back and kick themselves for not putting him #1. He has virtually no weaknesses. He is the prototypical guard for the modern NBA. He has barely been playing basketball only for a year and he is a winner.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#608 » by RookieStar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:00 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

People will look back and kick themselves for not putting him #1. He has virtually no weaknesses. He is the prototypical guard for the modern NBA. He has barely been playing basketball only for a year and he is a winner.

As much as I agree that Suggs "could/should" have a case dor being #1 in THIS draft, in termms of hype Zion alone is/was the best prospect since Luka.

However, as for the others... let then play and prove it in the court eh? I mean arguably Suggs has better "hype" coming into the league than say Ball and Edwards BUT those 2 proved jt on the court that they are as good or better than advertised. Suggs hasn't yet.
Duradero
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#609 » by Duradero » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 am

Can we watch him play a little before we start comparing him to the best young talent?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#610 » by KillMonger » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:31 pm

I liked that he worked out with dame...maybe he can learn a few things
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#611 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Love the Suggs doubters that are already starting to creep up on this board. I haven't been more confident in a draft pick than this one in god knows how long. He's going to be a star. But please keep the same energy.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#612 » by drsd » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:01 am

PrimeThyme wrote:Love the Suggs doubters that are already starting to creep up on this board. I haven't been more confident in a draft pick than this one in god knows how long. He's going to be a star. But please keep the same energy.

Suggs or bust. There is no plan-B.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#613 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:13 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#614 » by drsd » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Suggs is "reported" to say that he believes God wants him to be a Magician. I am ok with that.

tO: ‘God Has A Plan For Me’ LINK

Spoiler:
“It’s been a tough year, but you have to keep believing and hold on to the knowledge that God is looking out for you. God is great [and spending my time on a middling team made up mostly of people who play the exact same position is proof], he loves me and wants the best for me.” At press time, God was mapping out a plan for Suggs to go down with an ACL tear in the second month of the season.

The ONION is a satire site, this is the actual definition of fake news.

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#615 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:13 pm

I was afraid of Suggs being the "it" tourney guy, I am to an extent still.
Hey may end up more like Marcus Smart(which isn't bad) than a true shoot/scorer.
I think teams are just going to play off him, and make him shoot.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,719

Post#616 » by GameOver25 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:06 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:I was afraid of Suggs being the "it" tourney guy, I am to an extent still.
Hey may end up more like Marcus Smart(which isn't bad) than a true shoot/scorer.

I think you lost everyone with Marcus Smart? Suggs showed everyone probably in the 1st quarter of Summer League (and NCAA tournament) he's way more offensively gifted than Smart. He's a franchise level player you can build around. Not seeing the Smart comp at all. And I'm honestly being polite in my response I promise.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#617 » by Skybox » Fri Oct 1, 2021 12:59 am

GameOver25 wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:I was afraid of Suggs being the "it" tourney guy, I am to an extent still.

I think you lost everyone with Marcus Smart? Suggs showed everyone probably in the 1st quarter of Summer League (and NCAA tournament) he's way more offensively gifted than Smart. He's a franchise level player you can build around. Not seeing the Smart comp at all. And I'm honestly being polite in my response I promise.

I like Smart a lot, but I also don't see it. Suggs appears to a complete player on both ends of the court...he MIGHT not be an elite shooter but he's got a good bit of everything wrapped in an intensely competitive football package.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#618 » by shrink » Fri Oct 1, 2021 5:30 pm

I know I’m late to the party, but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting Jalen Suggs!

I’m from Minnesota, and while I always root for the hapless Wolves, I’ve been a closet Magic fan for some time. I am so happy to see the team finally embrace a rebuild, and it makes me very excited to know you’ll have Suggs for a long time. As a high school athlete here, he could do anything, in whatever sport he tried. Now that he is focusing on basketball alone, I think he has a great chance to be the Rookie of the Year, and become an All NBA player. His upside is off the charts.

I’ve watched the NBA for a long time, and I think the key to winning, beyond all the stats, is to find an athlete that’s special.

I think that’s Suggs. So glad you got him, and enjoy the decade!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#619 » by basketballRob » Fri Oct 1, 2021 5:41 pm

shrink wrote:I know I’m late to the party, but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting Jalen Suggs!

I’m from Minnesota, and while I always root for the hapless Wolves, I’ve been a closet Magic fan for some time. I am so happy to see the team finally embrace a rebuild, and it makes me very excited to know you’ll have Suggs for a long time. As a high school athlete here, he could do anything, in whatever sport he tried. Now that he is focusing on basketball alone, I think he has a great chance to be the Rookie of the Year, and become an All NBA player. His upside is off the charts.

I’ve watched the NBA for a long time, and I think the key to winning, beyond all the stats, is to find an athlete that’s special.

I think that’s Suggs. So glad you got him, and enjoy the decade!
I know Suggs is the proudest Minnesotan I've ever seen. He always speaks highly about Minnesota.

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#620 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:01 am

Skybox wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:

I like Smart a lot, but I also don't see it. Suggs appears to a complete player on both ends of the court...he MIGHT not be an elite shooter but he's got a good bit of everything wrapped in an intensely competitive football package.

Sorry, been driving across the country.
I think people are over rating Jalen’s offense. He didn’t shoot well, but he’s a good all around player like Marcus. Wasn’t a slight. Both are big and tough, didn’t think it was a stretch. Go look at Marcus’s college stats compared to Jalens

Return to Orlando Magic