ImageImageImageImage

WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER

Moderators: ChosenSavior, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Knightro, SOUL, UCF, Def Swami

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 33,087
And1: 8,874
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#681 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:22 pm

Def Swami wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

His game does seem to be somewhere between Hedo and Magic Rashard, not Seattle Rashard, Or maybe a 6-10 offensively raw Ginobli?


As I said before, Lamar Odom? Cmon before the he fell off/Kardashian curse, when he was with the LAC or early MIA??

I thought this as well, but Wagner might be a better shooter than Odom.


Miami Odom was pretty damm good player. But Franz is nowhere near the rebounder Odom was. But Franz looking to be quite better 3pt shooter.
aka: prorl
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,274
And1: 2,580
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#682 » by Rainwater » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:49 pm

Who would have thought Franz would be the better of the two rookies so far, lol.
User avatar
tooler
Head Coach
Posts: 7,037
And1: 3,927
Joined: Feb 26, 2014

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#683 » by tooler » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:50 pm

We still don't know if Franz will be star that can give you 25 points a night, but I also think his floor remains very high.

What's good is that he keeps adding new wrinkles to his game that will make him difficult to defend. He's a good cutter but I haven't seen him make an easy basket off a cut in a while, so I assume the scouting report is out there by now. But if he keeps knocking down shots, that might open the cuts back up.

What I mean is that I get how small sample sizes work, and we've seen hot rookies flame out in the past. But with his good shooting and a lack of any major weaknesses, I think he'll remain a really good player at bare minimum.

The next thing might be to challenge him on the rebounds. Do we have any theories on that? I can't say I've even noticed him on the screen when the rebound goes up. Is he on the perimeter, or leaking out, or boxing out? Maybe it's a schematic thing. But given that our defensive rebounding is horrible and we also give up a ton of long rebounds, I feel like he can make an impact.
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,274
And1: 2,580
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#684 » by Rainwater » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:51 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:When was the last time a Magic rookie looked so impressive early on? I honestly can't remember. His shooting has been fantastic, his decision making downright unbelievable for a rookie, he is taking on good defenders one and one and takes them to the cup with ease, his defense has been stifling...Looks like the we finally hit a home run in the draft with a non-number 1 pick, about time.


Mike Miller?!?!?
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,738
And1: 3,235
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#685 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:22 pm

tooler wrote:We still don't know if Franz will be star that can give you 25 points a night, but I also think his floor remains very high.

What's good is that he keeps adding new wrinkles to his game that will make him difficult to defend. He's a good cutter but I haven't seen him make an easy basket off a cut in a while, so I assume the scouting report is out there by now. But if he keeps knocking down shots, that might open the cuts back up.

What I mean is that I get how small sample sizes work, and we've seen hot rookies flame out in the past. But with his good shooting and a lack of any major weaknesses, I think he'll remain a really good player at bare minimum.

The next thing might be to challenge him on the rebounds. Do we have any theories on that? I can't say I've even noticed him on the screen when the rebound goes up. Is he on the perimeter, or leaking out, or boxing out? Maybe it's a schematic thing. But given that our defensive rebounding is horrible and we also give up a ton of long rebounds, I feel like he can make an impact.


As I said in the GB Rookie thread, Franz might find it hard to get the rebounds seeing as he has two big longbois that averages double digits rebounds. Another is his guards are known to hunt for boards as well ( Cole and Suggs have high rebounds for guards ). Last is, he defends the perimeter so... yeah all 3 makes it a valid reason for low rebounding rate.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,935
And1: 6,602
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#686 » by KillMonger » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:23 pm

Rainwater wrote:Who would have thought Franz would be the better of the two rookies so far, lol.
That seems to be the case so far.... For now.... But let's not forget Franz has professional experience against grown men when he was 16/17
Image

FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB ....... FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB
JBSouthpaw
Starter
Posts: 2,452
And1: 937
Joined: Mar 01, 2011

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#687 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:41 pm

RookieStar wrote:
jvdas wrote:
SOUL wrote:Image

:lol:


posted it on the magic subreddit, it’s now the banner there. pure gold.


In the GB Rookie thread they weregiving nicknames too rookies. Someone should post it there.


I don't get the "Only Franz" reference
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,738
And1: 3,235
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#688 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:04 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
jvdas wrote:
posted it on the magic subreddit, it’s now the banner there. pure gold.


In the GB Rookie thread they weregiving nicknames too rookies. Someone should post it there.


I don't get the "Only Franz" reference


onlyfans.... it''s kinda becoming a meme for everything from making money, trying to launch your porn career, to even becoming one of those dreaded job descriptions like influencers/IG model/twitchers/etc etc

I guess because its near his name and people have to subscribe to see his content? I dunno really. LOL
JBSouthpaw
Starter
Posts: 2,452
And1: 937
Joined: Mar 01, 2011

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#689 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:36 pm

RookieStar wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
In the GB Rookie thread they weregiving nicknames too rookies. Someone should post it there.


I don't get the "Only Franz" reference


onlyfans.... it''s kinda becoming a meme for everything from making money, trying to launch your porn career, to even becoming one of those dreaded job descriptions like influencers/IG model/twitchers/etc etc

I guess because its near his name and people have to subscribe to see his content? I dunno really. LOL


Ok, thanks. I couldn't figure it out. I'm in Dr. Phillips, so Olnyfans has been in the news lately...
Magic_Kingdom
Senior
Posts: 631
And1: 513
Joined: Jun 14, 2015
         

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#690 » by Magic_Kingdom » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:49 pm

I take back everything I said about Franz in the preseason. I've never seen a rookie flip a switch at the start of the regular season after an invisible preseason the way Franz has.

What is really promising is that future all-star players show it quickly, in their rookie seasons. There are exceptions, but you can generally tell right out of the gate. We haven't had a rookie show that in a long time. Our last rookie to even make an all-rookie team was Elfrid Payton in 2014-15, but he wasn't dropping 28 points and hitting five 3's in Game 8 (or ever). Oladipo made all-rookie first team in 2013-14 and showed flashes of star quality but made tons of mistakes and was reckless with the ball. Before that you have to go back to 2004-05 -- Dwight and Jameer.
JBSouthpaw
Starter
Posts: 2,452
And1: 937
Joined: Mar 01, 2011

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#691 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:48 pm

You watch the highlights above, and Franz is begging for the ball, he is now looking to score, believes he can score.
User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,961
And1: 13,825
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Tankathon
Contact:
     

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#692 » by Def Swami » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:10 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:You watch the highlights above, and Franz is begging for the ball, he is now looking to score, believes he can score.

The confidence he's developing by the minute is really astounding. Mosely has talked about getting Wagner to take more "high risk plays" since the season started. I think the coaches really believe in him and are empowering him. It's starting to pay off for him.
User avatar
SloNick Russia
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 29
Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
 

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#693 » by SloNick Russia » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:16 pm

Franz is so plag-n-play, kind of player every coach wants, unselfish, makes the right play, keeps the ball moving, solid shooter, defends well and yet never gets in foul trouble and he doesn`t need the ball or plays called for him to be impactful.
I sure can see him getting playing time on any NBA team right now, even for a contender

Sent from my SM-G9750 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
CarraT
Junior
Posts: 303
And1: 37
Joined: Jul 22, 2004
Location: Germany
   

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#694 » by CarraT » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:45 pm

Seems like we found the SF of our future. With an healthy Isaac at 4, a motivated Bamba and Carter Jr. at 5, and Suggs/Fultz/Cole Trio at PG, "all" we need is a dynamic SG scorer who can create for himself and others. Someone like Zach LaVine.
Then we are not really contenders, but we are set and ready for the playoffs.
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 23,408
And1: 8,655
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#695 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:27 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Who would have thought Franz would be the better of the two rookies so far, lol.
That seems to be the case so far.... For now.... But let's not forget Franz has professional experience against grown men when he was 16/17

Franz is a very good system player and his position isn’t nearly as difficult to learn.
User avatar
zaymon
Analyst
Posts: 3,409
And1: 1,905
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#696 » by zaymon » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:51 pm

Franz would be so good for GSW. They became really awful at drafting it seems. Gone away from high iq players who brought them championships
Goodbye Vucevic, welcome lotttery picks !!!
Happysad.
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,738
And1: 3,235
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#697 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:46 pm

zaymon wrote:Franz would be so good for GSW. They became really awful at drafting it seems. Gone away from high iq players who brought them championships


You probably aren't one of us who thinks GSW drafted guys who they will trade later on or even next season just to extend their championship window with Klay Steph and Draymond. They need vets for that role not rookies. Thus they have no need to really develop Wiseman, Wagner, Kuminga, Moody.. just show flashes and sucker a team to trade for them with their capable vets.

GSW isn't ready to push the reset button. I think they feel they have 3 more years at championship aspirations. I mean look at the west this early on. Who is dominating? You can say its them as of now.

Thus, they aren't drafting high IQ players to develop and think future. They are drafting trade baits.
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,372
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#698 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:48 pm

Bensational wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Bensational wrote:I'm on the Fran Wagon!


Gun to your head, Franz or Giddy? lol


Why you gotta ruin a good thing? Asking questions that are just gonna upset people. :wink:

Trade Fultz + ? for Giddey and you'll have them both. Problem solved. :lol:

Perhaps, involve NOP as a third team to send NAW to OKC where he can join up with his cousin SGA. That might tempt OKC into doing it. Fultz to NOP, NAW + ORL FRP to OKC, Giddey to ORL.

Giddey/CA, Suggs/Hampton, Franz/Chuma, Isaac/Mo, WCJ/Bamba
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,738
And1: 3,235
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#699 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:58 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Gun to your head, Franz or Giddy? lol


Why you gotta ruin a good thing? Asking questions that are just gonna upset people. :wink:

Trade Fultz + ? for Giddey and you'll have them both. Problem solved. :lol:

Perhaps, involve NOP as a third team to send NAW to OKC where he can join up with his cousin SGA. That might tempt OKC into doing it. Fultz to NOP, NAW + ORL FRP to OKC, Giddey to ORL.

Giddey/CA, Suggs/Hampton, Franz/Chuma, Isaac/Mo, WCJ/Bamba


That better be an ORL 25 FRP cuz this draft we all "wet for chet"
User avatar
zaymon
Analyst
Posts: 3,409
And1: 1,905
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#700 » by zaymon » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:00 pm

RookieStar wrote:
zaymon wrote:Franz would be so good for GSW. They became really awful at drafting it seems. Gone away from high iq players who brought them championships


You probably aren't one of us who thinks GSW drafted guys who they will trade later on or even next season just to extend their championship window with Klay Steph and Draymond. They need vets for that role not rookies. Thus they have no need to really develop Wiseman, Wagner, Kuminga, Moody.. just show flashes and sucker a team to trade for them with their capable vets.

GSW isn't ready to push the reset button. I think they feel they have 3 more years at championship aspirations. I mean look at the west this early on. Who is dominating? You can say its them as of now.

Thus, they aren't drafting high IQ players to develop and think future. They are drafting trade baits.


IIf you want to get value you trade picks not players. They will get penny on the dollar.
Goodbye Vucevic, welcome lotttery picks !!!
Happysad.

Return to Orlando Magic