ImageImageImageImage

The Official Franz Wagner Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#981 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:26 pm

zaymon wrote:In denver post game interview Wendell said that he motivated Franz to play with more assertiveness becouse he is one of the best players on the team if not the best and he has respect of a lot of great players around the league already.
I am so thrilled to observe the chemistry of this team going forward. Carter, Wagner and Suggs should set the tone for years. The hierarchy is starting to show up. Right now it doesnt mean much becouse we suck but if those guys improve in the offseason we could be very dangerous next year.

That is fantastic leadership by Wendell. Great to see from a young guy.
aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#982 » by pepe1991 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:53 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
everybody's whipping boy, Tobias Harris almost did it last year (at pretty high volume). Not to take anything away from him, but I think environment is important. Simmons and Luka create the most wide open shots in the league, by a large margin, and Tobias has struggled this year (without Simmons)...credit also for having to quadruple team Embiid.

Harris was by far most undervalued good player on Orlando in last 10 years.
People hated him because they were fixated on idea that Gordon is next star and Harris is "stealing shots" from him.

Hennigan giving up Harris for the corpses of Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova and not even getting a 1st was absolutely criminal, and it wasn’t even the worst move he ever made. We had so many mouths to feed on offense back in those days and he always picked the wrong ones to keep.

Few years back when there was voting for worst trade we made, Oladipo trade won,but i voted for Harris trade.
Oladipo trade at least had some far-fetched chance not being awful, if Ibaka wasn't already on decline and could expend his game.

Harris trade was just salary dump of player who wasn't overpayed and was young (22) and promising. Harris never become star or allstar but for decade now he is very good starter and not far off from allstar type player. Hell, nowdays he is one of most expensive nba players. Good for him.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#983 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:58 pm

Here is the link to the video for anyone curious. I suggest listening to the entire 5 minutes as he also gives some insight into his growth in Orlando so far and what he attributes that growth to.

He's an incredibly well-spoken young man and really gives some meaningful responses. WCJ's developing into a leader for this team on/off the court and I think he has such a healthy perspective that should rub off on the other players. I'm just really encouraged with how this rebuild is starting off so far.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#984 » by tiderulz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:13 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Here is the link to the video for anyone curious. I suggest listening to the entire 5 minutes as he also gives some insight into his growth in Orlando so far and what he attributes that growth to.

He's an incredibly well-spoken young man and really gives some meaningful responses. WCJ's developing into a leader for this team on/off the court and I think he has such a healthy perspective that should rub off on the other players. I'm just really encouraged with how this rebuild is starting off so far.

shouldnt this be in a WCJ thread? not a Franz one
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#985 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:shouldnt this be in a WCJ thread? not a Franz one

The interview was referenced in this thread because of what WCJ said about Franz. I posted it here for those looking to watch it.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#986 » by Xatticus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:44 pm

tiderulz wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

shouldnt this be in a WCJ thread? not a Franz one

Spoiler:
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#987 » by tiderulz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:47 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
tiderulz wrote:shouldnt this be in a WCJ thread? not a Franz one

The interview was referenced in this thread because of what WCJ said about Franz. I posted it here for those looking to watch it.

ahh, gotcha

we should probably have a thread about WCJ anyways, with his play
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#988 » by davey_wavy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 pm

Will Franz surpass prime Turk? I'm talking that "ball" version of Hedo
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#989 » by zaymon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:22 pm

davey_wavy wrote:Will Franz surpass prime Turk? I'm talking that "ball" version of Hedo

Well the question should be propably- will he do it as soon as next year.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#990 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:24 pm

davey_wavy wrote:Will Franz surpass prime Turk? I'm talking that "ball" version of Hedo

Franz can surpass prime Hedo as early as next season if his trajectory right now is constant.

Although... prime Hedo is/was a clutch player either passing or scoring... clutch genes. I dunno if Franz has that.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#991 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:12 am

He’s not as clutch. I’m not sure if he’s ready for that.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,352

Post#992 » by tooler » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:13 am

zaymon wrote:In denver post game interview Wendell said that he motivated Franz to play with more assertiveness becouse he is one of the best players on the team if not the best and he has respect of a lot of great players around the league already.

I think this is important because Franz is a the type of player who wants to make the right play. He needs a reminder that passing the ball might not be the best play if it ends up in the hands of a low efficiency teammate.

I'm not too worried because we have a lot of young players trying to find their way. We already know how good Franz can be. If he's still getting frozen out 2 years from now, then I'll be mad.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#993 » by Knightro » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:21 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Hedo wasn't clutch Hedo at 20 years old either, ya know? He developed it over time.

Turk's best years were when he was 26-27-28-29.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#994 » by basketballRob » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:26 am

Franz had a big step back 3 and dunk in the final minutes of the NY game.

Read on Twitter
?t=QdOAXJ6tsgqZ8aPzMv2Y3A&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#995 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:36 am

Knightro wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Hedo wasn't clutch Hedo at 20 years old either, ya know? He developed it over time.

Turk's best years were when he was 26-27-28-29.

It would be awesome if Franz add that to his repertoire, that’s a special skill. I didn’t watch Hedo at that age, so if Franz is on that track, I will be just as happy.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#996 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:38 am

basketballRob wrote:Franz had a big step back 3 and dunk in the final minutes of the NY game.

Read on Twitter
?t=QdOAXJ6tsgqZ8aPzMv2Y3A&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

:D
That paint was wide open, not sure who the Knicks thought they were guarding.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#997 » by drsd » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:50 am

Wagner, 20, is averaging 15.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and three assists in 60 games. He currently leads the rookie class in totaling scoring (935 points) and is second in average. He also has the highest-scoring game by a rookie (38 points) and the most 20-point games (14) this season.

The eighth pick is currently among five NBA players that have started every game for their respective team: Saddiq Bey, Detroit Pistons; Kevon Looney, Golden State Warriors; and Mikal Bridges and Chris Paul of the Phoenix Suns.

F-Wagner is awesome LINK

A player starting in every game for a team is typically a rare feat but for a rookie to do it is extremely rare. In fact, there have only been 31 rookies in history to start every night in an 82-game season and only 10 since Carmelo Anthony during the 2003-04 season
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#998 » by pepe1991 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:06 pm

drsd wrote:
Wagner, 20, is averaging 15.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and three assists in 60 games. He currently leads the rookie class in totaling scoring (935 points) and is second in average. He also has the highest-scoring game by a rookie (38 points) and the most 20-point games (14) this season.

The eighth pick is currently among five NBA players that have started every game for their respective team: Saddiq Bey, Detroit Pistons; Kevon Looney, Golden State Warriors; and Mikal Bridges and Chris Paul of the Phoenix Suns.

F-Wagner is awesome LINK

A player starting in every game for a team is typically a rare feat but for a rookie to do it is extremely rare. In fact, there have only been 31 rookies in history to start every night in an 82-game season and only 10 since Carmelo Anthony during the 2003-04 season

That would be aswesome achivment.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#999 » by CZ Eddie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:20 pm

drsd wrote:F-Wagner is awesome LINK

Well this quote isn't going to age well.
I guess PHX didn't play last night (I haven't looked).

Keep your politics out of my sports
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1000 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:08 pm

CZ Eddie wrote:
drsd wrote:F-Wagner is awesome LINK

Well this quote isn't going to age well.
I guess PHX didn't play last night (I haven't looked).

what isnt going to age well?

Return to Orlando Magic