ImageImageImageImage

Chicago Bulls 2023

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Will Chicago 2023 pick be a lottery pick?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 66

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Re: Chicago Bulls 2023 

Post#61 » by zaymon » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:11 am

drsd wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:I think the pick will be mid first round.

With Markkanen being traded, this puts the Bulls as less likely to make the 2023 playoffs in my opinion. I agree that this is starting to look a lot like a late lottery pick.

I dont think Markannen changes much for the Bulls. He was going to be a reserve.
Ball/Lavine/Derozan/Williams/Vucevic
White/Caruso/Brown/Bradley
I think Chicago will battle for homecourt in 2023.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#62 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:19 am

All depends on what LaVine does. He'll be their leading scorer. We'll see how much they gel this year, I think they'll get to the playoffs but their top 4 aren't exactly winners.

Also interesting to note LaVine just signed with Klutch Sports and was quoted saying:

""I just want my respect," LaVine said during an Olympic media session. "I think that's the main thing. I outplayed my [current] contract, I've been very loyal to Chicago, I like Chicago. I just want my respect. If it's now, later, it's something that we gotta work out internally and we'll go from there."

Not exactly encouraging words but also doesn't mean he'll leave. Basically telling them to show him the money and he'll re-sign.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#63 » by Magic#1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:57 pm

No matter how it goes this year, they'll try to run it back next year and make the playoffs because they owe us their pick. But looking at the tiers in the east that will likely still be that way in '23:

Bucks
Nets
76ers (even if they trade Simmons and get a mediocre return, they're still a top tier team unless Embiid is lost of the year)
---
Hawks
Heat
Celtics
---
Knicks based on last year
Hornets (LaMelo will keep getting better)
Bulls
Raptors
Maybe Pacers

At absolute best the Bulls move into that mid-tier with the Celtics, but that would take some great chemistry, coaching and development from Williams and White. My guess is that this pick is around 14-16 which still nets a decent prospect. At worst its late teens and at best its late lotto. The problem for the Bulls is that other teams are rising with young players (Hawks, Hornets) and they're banking on veterans who have reached their ceiling getting them there. That can work if you were already a playoff team, but they're not. I see them being in a similar position as us before the blow up. Not good enough to be great and not bad enough to rebuild.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#64 » by drsd » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 am

zaymon wrote:
drsd wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:I think the pick will be mid first round.

With Markkanen being traded, this puts the Bulls as less likely to make the 2023 playoffs in my opinion. I agree that this is starting to look a lot like a late lottery pick.

I dont think Markannen changes much for the Bulls. He was going to be a reserve.
Ball/Lavine/Derozan/Williams/Vucevic
White/Caruso/Brown/Bradley
I think Chicago will battle for homecourt in 2023.

Having better subs than an opponent is nearly as having better starters. Markkanen could have been a super-sub for the Bulls. Now Chicago has a draft pick. The consequences to Orlando is that the Bulls is likely to be "not as good". Good.

Return to Orlando Magic