ImageImageImageImage

When is Isaac Returning? Ruled out for the entire 2021-2022 season

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: When is Isaac Returning? 

Post#541 » by OrlandO » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:01 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote: "I don't want to do anything to mitigate the spread of a deadly virus in a pandemic"

Half the league has been out with covid before the all-star break and you're still whining about isaac's vaccination status? :lol:
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#542 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:05 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:True. It's a casual drill - just noticing the lack of lift and only landing on the left leg.

His mechanics look pretty much the same to me. He's never had much lift on his jumpers. The problem is he's still clearly landing on the same leg, still. Which isn't a great sign for the crowd who says he's intentionally being held out to rebuild his mechanics and optimize his game for the NBA.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,696

Post#543 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:17 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:[tweet]
Read on Twitter

[/tweet]

Good to see some basketball action but c'mon - out 2 years and the dude still hasn't learned to not land on one leg?

In the video, he landed on one leg twice and proceeded to land on both legs twice. The same as Jalen I believe.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
JTG_92940618
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#544 » by JTG_92940618 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:30 pm

I don't care if he's landing on his head, I'm just happy to see him on the court.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#545 » by Def Swami » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm

OrlandO wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote: "I don't want to do anything to mitigate the spread of a deadly virus in a pandemic"

Half the league has been out with covid before the all-star break and you're still whining about isaac's vaccination status? :lol:

A large number of those cases among the NBA players have been asymptomatic. I believe among vaccinated players without symptoms, we're going to have to stop testing them. Their viral loads and risk of transmission are lower. Their own risk for serious illness is significantly less compared to those unvaccinated. It's not quite as low as the flu, but it's significantly less compared to what it was in Spring 2020.

Being vaccinated has more to do than just limiting the number of cases. Overall, it's a public health issue to reduce hospitalizations, deaths, and burden on our health care system. And I think we overall have to adjust how we view the pandemic from number of cases not being as relevant compared to hospitalizations and deaths.

Read on Twitter

I don't care about what shows Isaac chooses to do or who he votes for. I actually don't care whether he gets vaccinated himself or not. He might actually have a point on being against mandating vaccines; it's a tough ethical issue. The data and reasoning he tweets and writes about to support his stance on why he doesn't believe in the vaccine or being a proponent of it is what is just wrong though. It isn't peer reviewed. To be honest, I'm not even sure where he gets some of the conclusions or data he proposes. I think that misinformation is what is dangerous more than anything.

Overall, the vaccines have been a game changer. The data bears that out. The experience in the emergency department and hospitals support that. Just based on my own experience, COVID positive patients with 2 shots and a booster almost never have to be admitted to the hospital; most of the time they're either asymptomatic or have symptoms of a cold. The vast majority of folks that end up admitted on oxygen or the ICU are unvaccinated.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,827

Post#546 » by RookieStar » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:31 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Skybox wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:People love to attack personally around here. The quality of this place sure has gone down.

Also, I read just fine. It's easy to read what people mean in politics. I've dealt with these types of conversations all the time.

If you’re dealing with it “all the time”, maybe you should examine why. Take the inflammatory stuff somewhere else

I've been here 8 years longer than you. I've never seen this board as bad and with people as angry or disrespectful as it currently is.

Sure, there was the occasional Adonis, but almost everyone tended to be peaceful. A lot more people around here nowadays loves to take direct shots at people just for having a different opinion on things. You were one of them. I now see your apology was a fake one.

I also see no reason why I have to leave when I've been around far longer and am not the inflammatory one.

Sadly, you are right.. I may have a joining date of 2k9 but I was reading / lurking in this board during the darko fax machine era ( to better tell you all how early I was here ). I too never thought that magic posters would be like this.

I mean sure we had the darko group and the VC group riling things up but we knew deep down they werent real magic fans.

Now however, posters would really attack each other and a player just because of politics or their views.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#547 » by Skybox » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:06 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Skybox wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:People love to attack personally around here. The quality of this place sure has gone down.

Also, I read just fine. It's easy to read what people mean in politics. I've dealt with these types of conversations all the time.

If you’re dealing with it “all the time”, maybe you should examine why. Take the inflammatory stuff somewhere else

I've been here 8 years longer than you. I've never seen this board as bad and with people as angry or disrespectful as it currently is.

Sure, there was the occasional Adonis, but almost everyone tended to be peaceful. A lot more people around here nowadays loves to take direct shots at people just for having a different opinion on things. You were one of them. I now see your apology was a fake one.

I also see no reason why I have to leave when I've been around far longer and am not the inflammatory one.

I've been on the planet 54 years, many of them as an adult and I don't remember our society being as angry, disrespectful or INFLAMMATORY as now. Everybody's looking for a fight...fight over whether you think Reddish would help us, don't call people "leftists" or racists or any other "ists"...this is not the place. I'll happily fight you over whether we should tank forever or trade our pick.

Nobody wants you to leave. I certainly don't. I just think I speak for the scope of these forums when I asked you to take the inflammatory political stuff elsewhere (not the basketball stuff). It's harder to find a place to NOT fight over some real or perceived political difference than it is to find a place to simply discuss any other topic...if you want to fight leftists or gun nuts or religious nuts or hippies or atheists or BLMer's or Qanon-idiots, just don't do it here.

MODS, if I'm out of line, smack me up and send me away.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#548 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 pm

OrlandO wrote:

No, I was asking if that is considered a "conservative" view now.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#549 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:06 am

Skybox wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Skybox wrote:

I've been on the planet 54 years, many of them as an adult and I don't remember our society being as angry, disrespectful or INFLAMMATORY as now. Everybody's looking for a fight...fight over whether you think Reddish would help us, don't call people "leftists" or racists or any other "ists"...this is not the place. I'll happily fight you over whether we should tank forever or trade our pick.

Nobody wants you to leave. I certainly don't. I just think I speak for the scope of these forums when I asked you to take the inflammatory political stuff elsewhere (not the basketball stuff). It's harder to find a place to NOT fight over some real or perceived political difference than it is to find a place to simply discuss any other topic...if you want to fight leftists or gun nuts or religious nuts or hippies or atheists or BLMer's or Qanon-idiots, just don't do it here.

Leftist isn't an insult. It's a branch of the Left. It's like Democrat or Liberal. I didn't even mean it as an insult.

I also didn't start any political stuff and was just saying I was mad that I had to read things the Left were saying Conservatives are doing that's wrong on a thread that's supposed to be an Isaac injury update thread.

In fact, I only quoted one person directly and it was to talk about Isaac and his standing during the anthem in the bubble.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#550 » by GimmeDat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 am

Just to interject on the political discourse (I shouldn't be surprised in an Isaac thread haha, understandable), how did the Isaac/Vucevic tandem look together in the front-court while you had them both?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#551 » by basketballRob » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:24 am

GimmeDat wrote:Just to interject on the political discourse (I shouldn't be surprised in an Isaac thread haha, understandable), how did the Isaac/Vucevic tandem look together in the front-court while you had them both?
Isaac played the three with Vuc, AG played the four. I doubt the Magic would trade Isaac while his value is low.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#552 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 am

GimmeDat wrote:Just to interject on the political discourse (I shouldn't be surprised in an Isaac thread haha, understandable), how did the Isaac/Vucevic tandem look together in the front-court while you had them both?

When healthy, Isaac was a defensive demon, disrupting passing lanes and challenging shots on the perimeter and blocking shots inside as well. He showed some signs offensively with occasional jab step, drive, pullup jumpers as well as spot up 3's with a very high release...he was never a significant offensive threat but it was far from an ideal frontcourt...there is/was an endless debate over who was the 4 and who was the 3? and the answer to both was basically neither...Gordon was also a strong man on man defender who wasn't a significant 3pt threat or ball handler...so neither really complemented the other offensively or created space for anyone. As a result, Vucevic carried the load offensively with sporadic support from Fournier...If ORL had a legit offensive threat at the 3, Isaac (or, for that matter, Gordon) would have been much better positioned on the offensive end. Defensively, AG was great and Isaac was better. IMO, Isaac was a nice complement to Vuc defensively because of his help at the rim...You could very reasonably project progress from Isaac, as he wasn't afraid to shoot and his form looked good. His occasional dribble drives were also quite smooth. He never really demonstrated a post game, to my recollection...I really hope he comes back strong and committed as I really think the sky is the limit for him and DPOY is very much within his grasp...there was a period where he led the league in blocks and steals at the same time!!

He's been away awhile and I think people may have forgotten his impact defensively and his upside on the other end, as he is still very young. There is a lot of speculation here about setbacks in his lengthy rehab but also the idea/guess that they may be taking it super slow with him to also work on his mechanics and strengthening as there's no real competitive reason to rush him back this season. He and Franz Wagner will make an impressive forward duo if and when he returns to his old self.

You can't have him :lol: I can't imagine ORL would move him now with such low trade value. If he were healthy and still on the same trajectory he was, he could command a ton more, so there's no good reason to move him now (unless somebody were willing to pay for healthy Isaac without actually seeing him first).
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#553 » by Xatticus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:57 am

Skybox wrote:

When healthy, Isaac was a defensive demon, disrupting passing lanes and challenging shots on the perimeter and blocking shots inside as well. He showed some signs offensively with occasional jab step, drive, pullup jumpers as well as spot up 3's with a very high release...he was never a significant offensive threat but it was far from an ideal frontcourt...there is/was an endless debate over who was the 4 and who was the 3? and the answer to both was basically neither...Gordon was also a strong man on man defender who wasn't a significant 3pt threat or ball handler...so neither really complemented the other offensively or created space for anyone. As a result, Vucevic carried the load offensively with sporadic support from Fournier...If ORL had a legit offensive threat at the 3, Isaac (or, for that matter, Gordon) would have been much better positioned on the offensive end. Defensively, AG was great and Isaac was better. IMO, Isaac was a nice complement to Vuc defensively because of his help at the rim...You could very reasonably project progress from Isaac, as he wasn't afraid to shoot and his form looked good. His occasional dribble drives were also quite smooth. He never really demonstrated a post game, to my recollection...I really hope he comes back strong and committed as I really think the sky is the limit for him and DPOY is very much within his grasp...there was a period where he led the league in blocks and steals at the same time!!

He's been away awhile and I think people may have forgotten his impact defensively and his upside on the other end, as he is still very young. There is a lot of speculation here about setbacks in his lengthy rehab but also the idea/guess that they may be taking it super slow with him to also work on his mechanics and strengthening as there's no real competitive reason to rush him back this season. He and Franz Wagner will make an impressive forward duo if and when he returns to his old self.

You can't have him :lol: I can't imagine ORL would move him now with such low trade value. If he were healthy and still on the same trajectory he was, he could command a ton more, so there's no good reason to move him now (unless somebody were willing to pay for healthy Isaac without actually seeing him first).

I'd probably move him for P-Will. Our broken guy for their broken guy. Isaac is much better at the defensive end and will presumably return much sooner than Williams? He can help them this year and they need what he does and they need it now because their window started closing as soon as it opened. I think Williams' development is screwed in Chicago. There are no offensive touches for him there.

Coby White is still interesting, but you'd have to make a tough decision on his extension because he would be sure to pillage stats over the next year+ on our talent-starved roster.

I just don't see much point in us paying Isaac $17M+ for the next three seasons after this one when we won't be playing any meaningful games and knowing that his next significant injury might end his career.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#554 » by basketballRob » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am

Many players come back from an ACL injury and play 10+ years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#555 » by Xatticus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:08 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
Skybox wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I've been here 8 years longer than you. I've never seen this board as bad and with people as angry or disrespectful as it currently is.

Leftist isn't an insult. It's a branch of the Left. It's like Democrat or Liberal. I didn't even mean it as an insult.

I also didn't start any political stuff and was just saying I was mad that I had to read things the Left were saying Conservatives are doing that's wrong on a thread that's supposed to be an Isaac injury update thread.

In fact, I only quoted one person directly and it was to talk about Isaac and his standing during the anthem in the bubble.

Spoiler:

This is just hilarious to me. You start the political crap and you sling insults and then your defense is that you are just too obtuse to realize what you are doing? This is the second time you have done this **** with me and the second time you have then cried victim. I don't have these arguments on the internet. I don't go to political forums. I don't watch cable news. It's YOU. If someone wants to clean up the neighborhood, they need to start with YOU.

They literally had this very conversation on The Ringer NBA show today, but they weren't as diplomatic as I was. You should report them to the internet police for attempting to destroy your delusional view of the world.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#556 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:47 am

Xatticus wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Spoiler:

This is just hilarious to me. You start the political crap and you sling insults and then your defense is that you are just too obtuse to realize what you are doing? This is the second time you have done this **** with me and the second time you have then cried victim. I don't have these arguments on the internet. I don't go to political forums. I don't watch cable news. It's YOU. If someone wants to clean up the neighborhood, they need to start with YOU.

They literally had this very conversation on The Ringer NBA show today, but they weren't as diplomatic as I was. You should report them to the internet police for attempting to destroy your delusional view of the world.

I made it political? Did I bring up Isaac standing at the bubble first? Did I write 5 paragraphs about Isaac's book tour and stuff about bigotry and different political subjects?

I brought up the fact that people on the Left (you) are talking about Conservatives and their motives with Isaac and was annoyed that politics are being talked about at all in an Isaac injury thread. I'm free to be annoyed at it just as you're free to talk about it.

I've never slung any insult towards anybody. If I did, point it out. You continue to sling them over and over again. You've done this multiple times just because you neither respect or like me. The feeling is mutual.

I'm done replying to you in any capacity. I don't want to be conversing with someone who is as disrespectful to me as you are. I don't want to cause issues that the mods would have to deal with on my end. If I continue responding to you, I'm pretty sure I'd get upset enough to get banned. I'm not going to do that.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#557 » by GimmeDat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:09 am

Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:

I'd probably move him for P-Will. Our broken guy for their broken guy. Isaac is much better at the defensive end and will presumably return much sooner than Williams? He can help them this year and they need what he does and they need it now because their window started closing as soon as it opened. I think Williams' development is screwed in Chicago. There are no offensive touches for him there.

Coby White is still interesting, but you'd have to make a tough decision on his extension because he would be sure to pillage stats over the next year+ on our talent-starved roster.

I just don't see much point in us paying Isaac $17M+ for the next three seasons after this one when we won't be playing any meaningful games and knowing that his next significant injury might end his career.

I loved Isaac when he was healthy - don't worry, you don't need to sell me on him. But I find it almost impossible to give up value for him on his current contract when he's mysteriously been out way longer than he should have off a major injury, plus all the extra stuff surrounding him.

If we're trying to make a win-now move at the 4 I think we would need to go for someone who is clearly producing and healthy, such as Jerami Grant, Harrison Barnes, Myles Turner, etc., or even a smaller target like Brandon Clarke or Chris Boucher that we wouldn't have to give up either PWill or Coby for.

I'd have him at or near the top of the list if he was healthy, as he was a year or two ago. But his situation is feels like more of a flier at this point. I wonder what the Magic FO truly feel about him right now.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,704

Post#558 » by thelead » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:50 am

Xatticus wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Man, I find that I typically agree with you 99% of the time but can’t here :lol:

I’ll take our injured guy over PWill (I watched a ton of Bulls games last year and he NEVER impressed me) and Coby (who I view like Cole, but even worse :lol: )
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,595

Post#559 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am

People just have Isaac injury and outside venture fatigue. People were raving how good he was defensively and his offense being fine (not amazing, not MKG levels, just fine) for being a young guy. He may never reach that level with the injuries again, who knows, but I think some people are underrating his impact for us.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,595

Post#560 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am

People just have Isaac injury and outside venture fatigue. People were raving how good he was defensively and his offense being fine (not amazing, not MKG levels, just fine) for being a young guy. He may never reach that level with the injuries again, who knows, but I think some people are underrating his impact for us.

Return to Orlando Magic