ImageImageImageImage

The 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Who is your early favorite?

Chet Holmgren
32%
Paolo Banchero
23%
Jaden Hardy
7%
Jabari Smith
35%
Jalen Duren
4%

Total votes: 101

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Re: The 2022 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#1981 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 pm

MagicMatic wrote:I'm warming up to the idea of Jabari because he has a clearly defined skill set if Orlando chooses to draft a big. Probably more into Ivey as a starting SG or a solid Griffin on the wing should the Magic drop out of the top 4 somehow.

Not into the idea of Paolo or Chet being a focal point of Orlando's offense with the amount of questions surrounding their roles at the next level (spicy take?). I'll welcome them here regardless.

as for wing. unless we know for sure Isaac is coming back, im warming to Keegan Murray. He and Franz can switch out at the forward spots and we go after the best SG available. and Keegan is a 2-way player
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,382

Post#1982 » by Knightro » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:19 pm

Benny Mathurin with 20 PTS, 7 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK on 7-17 FG, 4-9 3PT, 2-3 FT in a hard-fought win over Stanford.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,475

Post#1983 » by Bensational » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:54 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:back on track from the dick measuring contest....

Chet Holmgren, Jabari Smith in their own tier, then it's Banchero Ivey and the intriguing Sharpe according to Sam Vecenie of the Athletic. 6-10 are as follows : AJ Griffin, Keegan Murray, Jalen Duran, Johnny Davis, Dyson Daniels.

Dyson... who is this kid?!

Dyson an Aussie product, athletic that cant shoot from distance. sound familiar?

ahhh the next Exum?

I’m not making a case for Dyson, he seems like role player material to me. But Giddey was somehow Exum and Adam Morrison pre draft, or Ingles at best, and now he’s a contender for ROTY. People need to try a little harder with their assessments/comparisons.

Simmons, Thybulle and Josh Green are Aussies who are athletic and can’t shoot, if you want to limit comps to strictly Aussie ballers.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#1984 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Bensational wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Dyson an Aussie product, athletic that cant shoot from distance. sound familiar?

ahhh the next Exum?

I’m not making a case for Dyson, he seems like role player material to me. But Giddey was somehow Exum and Adam Morrison pre draft, or Ingles at best, and now he’s a contender for ROTY. People need to try a little harder with their assessments/comparisons.

Simmons, Thybulle and Josh Green are Aussies who are athletic and can’t shoot, if you want to limit comps to strictly Aussie ballers.

Giddey as ROTY must be because they dont have many candidates. he rebounds well for a guard and a 2/1 asst/turnover ratio. still cant shoot from distance and not a good defender.

Return to Orlando Magic