ImageImageImageImage

2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET

Moderators: ChosenSavior, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Knightro, SOUL, UCF, Def Swami

MasterGMer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,388
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#341 » by MasterGMer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:22 am

Cole struggled again tonight. I think his biggest deficiency is his inconsistency. He could be a great player but there is no ball movement once he has the ball and he lacks length to finish it at the rim
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,961
And1: 16,668
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#342 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:23 am

SOUL wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Good game yall. You've got some good young pieces and I like your coach. I hope the front office will stay the course

Serious question, what's the plan with Suggs and Anthony? Anthony seems to be the alpha dog on your team but Suggs was the higher pick.


They play well according to statistics together so no rush. Ideally we're hoping for Suggs to develop his handle more so he can be lead guard and Anthony can shoot away off of the bench. It all depends what happens with Fultz tbh.


I forgot you guys even had him. Who do you think has the highest upside out of the three?

I like Cole Anthony but I agree with your assessment. He seems like he might he like his dad, better served as the first guard off the bench.

Dude is a competitor tho.
User avatar
ReadyOrlando
Pro Prospect
Posts: 972
And1: 127
Joined: Jul 06, 2004
Contact:
   

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#343 » by ReadyOrlando » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:24 am

Refereeing like tonight is why people feel like the NBA is rigged. A sweep against NY teams would confuse the hell out of the narrative.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,961
And1: 16,668
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#344 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:25 am

Knightro wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Serious question, what's the plan with Suggs and Anthony? Anthony seems to be the alpha dog on your team but Suggs was the higher pick.


Right now? Exactly what they're doing. Statistically the pairing has been fine. We'll see how things progress when Fultz returns.

Suggs hasn't shown enough ball handling chops to be a full time PG, so using him a secondary playmaker and defender makes sense for the time being.


He's 6'5 so he should be able to function at the 2. You've got an interesting guard situation. As a basketball fan I look forward to see how these 3 Guards develop
User avatar
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 11,970
And1: 14,177
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#345 » by Knightro » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 am

RookieStar wrote:still under minutes restrictions?


I don't think so. He's played more minutes than he played tonight several other times this season.

I just think Chuma had played a bunch of minutes in a row, about 11 straight, and Mosley just wanted to go back to Franz.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 87,183
And1: 69,780
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#346 » by mpharris36 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 am

I like mosley as a coach for you guys, especially developing the young talent but sometimes he a little too stringent with his rotations. I get staggering the starters especially splitting up Cole/Suggs because the 2nd unit is so bad. But man when your franchise player and top pick is flame throwing 6/7 from the floor in the 1st...such a quick hook in the 2nd just seemed to really cool him off. He basically only got one shot up the rest of the half (just one other attempted tip at the end of the 1st half).

Mosley isn't the only coach that does this but I just never understood ever taking out someone raging hot. You can always cut back there minutes later in the game but just rid out the hot hand.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

Robert Williams III/Chris Boucher/Daniel Gafford
Michael Porter Jr/De'Andre Hunter/Udonis Haslem
RJ Barrett/Trey Murphy III/Georges Niang
Tyrese Haliburton/Chris Duarte/James Bouknight
Steph Curry/Jalen Suggs/Anfernee Simons
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 15,803
And1: 6,306
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#347 » by basketballRob » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:33 am

If we had the 2 points from Cole's goaltending it would've been tied.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
User avatar
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 11,970
And1: 14,177
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#348 » by Knightro » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:33 am

mpharris36 wrote:I like mosley as a coach for you guys, especially developing the young talent but sometimes he a little too stringent with his rotations. I get staggering the starters especially splitting up Cole/Suggs because the 2nd unit is so bad. But man when your franchise player and top pick is flame throwing 6/7 from the floor in the 1st...such a quick hook in the 2nd just seemed to really cool him off. He basically only got one shot up the rest of the half (just one other attempted tip at the end of the 1st half).

Mosley isn't the only coach that does this but I just never understood ever taking out someone raging hot. You can always cut back there minutes later in the game but just rid out the hot hand.


It's actually worse than you remember.

After 17 in the first quarter, Suggs actually played the first five minutes of the 2nd quarter... and barely touched the ball.

The Magic opted to play Hampton on the ball at PG and Suggs not only didn't take a shot, but he wasn't really even in the action.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 9,493
And1: 12,956
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#349 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 am

I’ve never been able to stomach watching James Harden play basketball. It’s just an infuriating watching experience. Even with the rule changes.

I get that he’s incredibly good, but I just don’t care. It makes me hate watching basketball.

It’s a lot easier to watch in the postseason because his bull playing style doesn’t translate. Which is why KD will be his only real shot at ever sniffing a ring.
Image
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 87,183
And1: 69,780
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#350 » by mpharris36 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:50 am

Knightro wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I like mosley as a coach for you guys, especially developing the young talent but sometimes he a little too stringent with his rotations. I get staggering the starters especially splitting up Cole/Suggs because the 2nd unit is so bad. But man when your franchise player and top pick is flame throwing 6/7 from the floor in the 1st...such a quick hook in the 2nd just seemed to really cool him off. He basically only got one shot up the rest of the half (just one other attempted tip at the end of the 1st half).

Mosley isn't the only coach that does this but I just never understood ever taking out someone raging hot. You can always cut back there minutes later in the game but just rid out the hot hand.


It's actually worse than you remember.

After 17 in the first quarter, Suggs actually played the first five minutes of the 2nd quarter... and barely touched the ball.

The Magic opted to play Hampton on the ball at PG and Suggs not only didn't take a shot, but he wasn't really even in the action.


Yeah that is even worse then I remember. Another thing I noticed there we a few too many times where Patty Mills was guarding Suggs. While Mills is spark plug offensive minded guard he would have no chance guarding Suggs especially maybe even posting up.

I think I remember one time Suggs was calling for the post up and Cole just ignored it. If I was Mosley I would have forced Patty Mills to guard that mismatch where Suggs has the size and strength adv.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

Robert Williams III/Chris Boucher/Daniel Gafford
Michael Porter Jr/De'Andre Hunter/Udonis Haslem
RJ Barrett/Trey Murphy III/Georges Niang
Tyrese Haliburton/Chris Duarte/James Bouknight
Steph Curry/Jalen Suggs/Anfernee Simons
IllMagic04
Starter
Posts: 2,446
And1: 1,325
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
Location: Baltimore MD
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#351 » by IllMagic04 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:07 am

I still dont understand why they took that long review before T Ross shot that free throw. Complete BS

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Dub_Sax
Rookie
Posts: 1,088
And1: 77
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: Ocoee, FL

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#352 » by Dub_Sax » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:31 am

What was going on with WCJ tonight? Only 1 point on only 5 fga. And I guess coach feels obligated to get Franz's brother in the game.. the 4:16 he played should/could have gone to WCJ or Bamba.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,738
And1: 3,235
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#353 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:32 am

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:still under minutes restrictions?


I don't think so. He's played more minutes than he played tonight several other times this season.

I just think Chuma had played a bunch of minutes in a row, about 11 straight, and Mosley just wanted to go back to Franz.


Then tank.move? Cuz Chuma was scoring
User avatar
Dub_Sax
Rookie
Posts: 1,088
And1: 77
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: Ocoee, FL

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#354 » by Dub_Sax » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:45 am

And even tho Bamba had a decent game, him being 3 ft BELOW the 3 pt line trying to guard harden at the 3 pt line was absolutely useless

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,935
And1: 6,602
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#355 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:09 am

suggs showed flashes tonight...remember this is all he has to do his rookie year
Image

FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB ....... FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB
User avatar
Xatticus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 6,192
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
Location: the land of the blind
         

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#356 » by Xatticus » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:11 am

Dub_Sax wrote:And even tho Bamba had a decent game, him being 3 ft BELOW the 3 pt line trying to guard harden at the 3 pt line was absolutely useless

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app


I think it would be interesting to see Harden’s numbers when Bamba was the closest defender. Bamba got switched onto him a lot. Harden wasn’t hitting shots. I believe Bamba only fouled him once. Whatever our problems were tonight, that wasn’t among them.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
User avatar
Xatticus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 6,192
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
Location: the land of the blind
         

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#357 » by Xatticus » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:16 am

I want this team to win games. It’s just easier to buy in when you are getting rewarded for your efforts. That said, it was a learning experience. Wagner had a terrific game, but his post defense sank us at the end. I’m sure he knows this and will redouble his efforts to improve.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,935
And1: 6,602
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#358 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:06 am

Xatticus wrote:I want this team to win games. It’s just easier to buy in when you are getting rewarded for your efforts. That said, it was a learning experience. Wagner had a terrific game, but his post defense sank us at the end. I’m sure he knows this and will redouble his efforts to improve.

i mean you're absolutely right....but it doesn't help when one side is allowed to be super physical and the other side isn't....it is what it is i guess
Image

FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB ....... FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,935
And1: 6,602
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#359 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:25 am



How do you miss this call? How? didn't even need replay on this one i saw it real time
Image

FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB ....... FREE FREED MO BAMBA......INVEST IN AMC/SHIB
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,410
And1: 10,057
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2021-2022 Regular Season Game 16: Orlando Magic (4-11) at Brooklyn Nets (11-5) - 11/19/21 - 7:30pm ET 

Post#360 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:54 am

I just got finished watching the game. Proud of our squad tonight. They are slowly growing. This was two games in a row where we strung together competitive basketball. This is mainly what I want to see this season. Excited to watch our team grow. We are gonna be a pain in the ass to play against once we start gaining experience.

Our rookies played well, got good production out of Ross and Chuma, Cole was solid and Bamba did a good job on both ends of the floor. We almost had that one.

As for the game overall, watching James Harden play is an eyesore and the officiating was awful especially that missed goaltending call. Really hate how much they can influence a game. Harden honestly looked like crap other than he hit 18 FTs. Aldridge and Mills killed us.

Return to Orlando Magic