ImageImageImageImage

NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th 

Post#361 » by Knightro » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:46 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Would you do this trade?

Orlando: Fultz, Isaac, Ross, CHI 2023 FRP. DEN 2025 FRP

Portland: Damian Lillard, Nurkic

We get a bona fide super star. Lillard could possibly already played his last game at Portland. Blazers are a mess right now.

Could they push the reset button and go to a rebuild? 2 FRPs could benefit them and also have a defensive beast in Isaac

I would do it because that's not really much of anything to give up, but it would cost much much more that that.

Portland would want multiple of Orlando's own first rounders (which I would not be interested in) to make a deal happen.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#362 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 am

We get a bona fide super star. Lillard could possibly already played his last game at Portland. Blazers are a mess right now.

Could they push the reset button and go to a rebuild? 2 FRPs could benefit them and also have a defensive beast in Isaac

They would probably ask one of Suggs/wagner and our 22 FRP for Dame to start the conversation
Magic_Kingdom
Rookie
And1: 974

Post#363 » by Magic_Kingdom » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:05 am

Serious question: does Isaac have any trade value? Obviously there would have to be a belief that he is healthy and the Magic are just being hyper-conservative with his rehab. But I keep seeing people insert his name into trade scenarios and I just don't see another GM gambling on his contract and injury.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#364 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:18 am

No, I wouldn't. I like the trajectory we're on. All that trade would do is make us a mediocre team with no cap space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#365 » by fendilim » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 am

Magic_Kingdom wrote:Serious question: does Isaac have any trade value? Obviously there would have to be a belief that he is healthy and the Magic are just being hyper-conservative with his rehab. But I keep seeing people insert his name into trade scenarios and I just don't see another GM gambling on his contract and injury.

I doubt his value is as high as it is perceived to be.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#366 » by Xatticus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:58 am

fendilim wrote:
Magic_Kingdom wrote:Serious question: does Isaac have any trade value? Obviously there would have to be a belief that he is healthy and the Magic are just being hyper-conservative with his rehab. But I keep seeing people insert his name into trade scenarios and I just don't see another GM gambling on his contract and injury.

Nobody’s value is optimal when they are hurt, but there is a reason why people come in here and inquire about him regularly.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#367 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:43 pm

Bamba/RJ for Bouknight/Ish/Richards. Ish and Richards aren't fully guaranteed next season and could be waived. I think Bouknight has more offensive upside than RJ. Lamelo could get Bamba easy buckets. Bouknight could take Ross' role after he's traded.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#368 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:36 pm

Xatticus wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Nobody’s value is optimal when they are hurt, but there is a reason why people come in here and inquire about him regularly.

do they though? maybe when he first got hurt. But he has been gone so long, i doubt we have many other teams asking about him.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#369 » by fendilim » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:41 pm

Xatticus wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Again, how it is perceived to be.

Fans acquiring him isnt close to meaning teams acquire abt him.

WeHam said in an interview before, you need to start winning to get value out of your players. I doubt we can get any value here, especially for an injury-prone player.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#370 » by drsd » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Pacers Looking For Two First Round Picks For Myles Turner

I would auto-trade the Bulls and Nuggets picks for Turner. For salary, Harris would need to be in this.

Indiana Asking For First Round Pick And Young Player For Caris LeVert

Maybe there is a grander trade of the Magic's 2022 SRP, Ross and Bamba for Caris LeVert and Goga Bitadze coupled to the above, which is:

Anthony/Suggs/Fultz(IR)
LeVert/Hampton/Moore(IR)
F-Wagner/Carter-Williams(IR)
Carter/Okeke/M-Wagner/Isaac(IR)
Turner/Lopez/Bitadze

I think it achieves a lot of goals for both teams.

Bamba, Ross, Harris, two FRPs and the 31st pick for Turner, LeVert and Bitadze seems basically fair.

OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#371 » by OrlandoSaban » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:09 pm

MasterGMer wrote:I think Isaac is all but gone. He never played with this group and we are just doing fine.

WE HAVE THE WORST RECORD IN THE NBA LOL. How is that doing just fine? Some of you Magic fans are :crazy:
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#372 » by orlando_joe » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:01 pm

drsd wrote:

I would auto-trade the Bulls and Nuggets picks for Turner. For salary, Harris would need to be in this.

Indiana Asking For First Round Pick And Young Player For Caris LeVert

Maybe there is a grander trade of the Magic's 2022 SRP, Ross and Bamba for Caris LeVert and Goga Bitadze coupled to the above, which is:

Anthony/Suggs/Fultz(IR)
LeVert/Hampton/Moore(IR)
F-Wagner/Carter-Williams(IR)
Carter/Okeke/M-Wagner/Isaac(IR)
Turner/Lopez/Bitadze

I think it achieves a lot of goals for both teams.

Bamba, Ross, Harris, two FRPs and the 31st pick for Turner, LeVert and Bitadze seems basically fair.

bulls and denver picks for 1 yr of turner? crazy..the nets picks to boston taught you nothing? a lot can happen
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#373 » by Skybox » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 pm

drsd wrote:

1)Turner has a pretty modest contract, around $18m/ year with incentives for All-NBA and All-Defense. If they want two firsts for him, I'd also consider giving them the DEN & CHI picks, but I'd be hesitant to include Harris' expiring contract with them. How about Bamba and Ross go instead of Harris. Bamba is Turner's possible replacement if his audition goes well...otherwise, he's an expiring. TRoss has value on the court, especially if they move any of their other wings like Levert. I do think we're bordering on overpay as I consider Bamba and TRoss to both be positive assets (not just salary filler), but I like where our team would be positioned, player-wise and financially.

Turner/WCJ/RoLo
Isaac/WCJ/M. Wagner
F. Wagner/Okeke
Suggs/RJ
Fultz/Cole Anthony/MCW

*We'd have a very high pick, Harris' $20m expiring, a large TPE...I'd explore using any combo of these and/or other players to find a long, athletic shooting guard. Turner, Isaac, WCJ is a pretty solid big man rotation (if Isaac is healthy) while still being very young and not fiscally punishing. Turner will have a new deal coming up at the end of next season, so it'd be critical to get some idea of his interest in ORL's present and future trajectory.

2) I'd also consider expanding the deal, as DRSD did to include Levert. I wouldn't add any more picks but how about...
ORL sends: DEN '25 frp, CHI '23 pick (both protected), Bamba, TRoss, Gary Harris, RJ Hampton
IND sends: Myles Turner, Caris Levert

still a young team, still have a top pick coming this summer (unless we trade in another deal), still have all of our own picks...

Turner/WCJ/RoLo
Isaac/WCJ/M. Wagner
F. Wagner/Okeke
Levert/Suggs
Fultz/Cole/MCW

Health & reasonable development expectations permitting, that's an interesting team. Depending on who we draft, should be a playoff team immediately, with even more upside looming. Levert, at 27, would be the oldest of the core guys.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#374 » by zaymon » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm

Come on guys Levert and Turner really ? Maybe we should trade back for Vucevic and Fournier. They will be cheaper and better.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 669

Post#375 » by BlueBalls » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:29 pm

I can’t believe how many fans want to trade us back into salary cap shackles for B level “superstars” and sacrifice critical pieces of our rebuild including FRPs in the process. Holy blueballs. Putting Lillard or Simmons on this team at the price most believe they’d cost make the Magic a mirror image of what it just was, with a few of the names changed. No thanks. Dump Harris and Ross, see what you get and where you are in the lottery, and go from there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#376 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 pm

I do not want one single player that will get in the way of the development of our young core unless its a clear star acquisition.

The illustration below only proves that we have an absolute HORRID bench and this is an area we need to improve in if we want to compete. I will be looking at deals that will help build our bench for next season, focus mainly on utilizing our TPE for future draft capital.

Read on Twitter
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#377 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:51 pm

BlueBalls wrote:I can’t believe how many fans want to trade us back into salary cap shackles for B level “superstars” and sacrifice critical pieces of our rebuild including FRPs in the process. Holy blueballs. Putting Lillard or Simmons on this team at the price most believe they’d cost make the Magic a mirror image of what it just was, with a few of the names changed. No thanks. Dump Harris and Ross, see what you get and where you are in the lottery, and go from there.

I agree with everything you aaid except... well... Dame and Simmons aren't B level stars. Sure Ben is sabotaging himself right now but as a general nba fan, those 2 are in the A level.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#378 » by The Effect » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:29 pm

basketballRob wrote:Bamba/RJ for Bouknight/Ish/Richards. Ish and Richards aren't fully guaranteed next season and could be waived. I think Bouknight has more offensive upside than RJ. Lamelo could get Bamba easy buckets. Bouknight could take Ross' role after he's traded.

I mean i cant see the hornets doing it, but if they would, sign me up right now
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,527

Post#379 » by Rainwater » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:22 am

Skin wrote:This team still lacks a true fluid SF. Let's get Kuminga while GS doesn't realize what they have.

Man, that ship has sailed. GS knows what they have on their hands. Pretty certain GSW won't give up him for anything less than an all-star.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,527

Post#380 » by Rainwater » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 am

Other than Portland and Orlando would make terrible trading partners, would Dame even want to be here? The magic team wouldn't be any better than the one he had in Portland.

Return to Orlando Magic