ImageImageImageImage

NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th 

Post#321 » by The Effect » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:42 pm

mg wrote:How about G. Harris for Rubio's expiring + SRP? (Cavs currently own Houston and San Antonio's SRPs in the next draft)

Why would we trade for and round pick? We already have 2 very high 2nd rounders this year and I'll be shocked if even keep one, my guess is both will be sold off (aka traded for future to 55 protected 2nd rounders and cash)
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#322 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:26 pm

If Clippers and Trailblazers start tanking its not good for us. Two teams who should be buyers will end up as possible sellers. Getting frp for Harris/Ross/Bamba could be hard. I wont be devastated if we keep Harris, trade Ross for future 2nd. I have no idea what is the market for Bamba. I dont want his energy around our team, but his rim protection is useful at times.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#323 » by Skin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Knightro wrote:Talent is talent and the Magic need more of it.

Simmons can't shoot? Ok well Jonathan Isaac can't even play in a game.

Simmons defends at a high level, rebounds at a high level, creates shots for others at a high level.

Put him on the ball, trade Fultz, let Suggs defend the opposing PG with Simmons defending the top wing.

Don't have enough shooting? Ok. Draft Jabari in the lotto and then go out and sign Malik Monk in free agency. Two potential 40% 3PT shooters added to the mix in one swoop.

The Magic just really aren't in a position to thumb their noses at any trades where they get the best player in the deal without giving up a single draft asset.

Malik Monk and Ben Simmons carry the Magic to their 1st Championship!!!!

Who believes that headline?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,337

Post#324 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:53 pm

Skin wrote:Malik Monk and Ben Simmons carry the Magic to their 1st Championship!!!!

No one.

But Simmons and Monk + Franz + Suggs + Wendell + Chet or Jabari + whoever else the Magic can acquire in the coming years?
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#325 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Knightro wrote:
Skin wrote:Malik Monk and Ben Simmons carry the Magic to their 1st Championship!!!!

No one.

But Simmons and Monk + Franz + Suggs + Wendell + Chet or Jabari + whoever else the Magic can acquire in the coming years?

So Wagner handles the ball and Simmons spaces the floor or Simmons handles and Wagner mainly spots up ? Who takes the dunker spot, Simmons or Carter ? Simmons seems to create problems for both of our young pillars. If we want wing stopper there are cheaper options. What is the role for Simmons on that championship contender ?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#326 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:51 pm

zaymon wrote:So Wagner handles the ball and Simmons spaces the floor or Simmons handles and Wagner mainly spots up ? Who takes the dunker spot, Simmons or Carter ? Simmons seems to create problems for both of our young pillars. If we want wing stopper there are cheaper options. What is the role for Simmons on that championship contender ?

Use Simmons as the screener and let him make plays in the short roll sometimes. Let him lead fast breaks and bring the ball up sometimes. Let him facilitate from the elbows sometimes. Use him in the dunker spot sometimes.

He can do different things. Get creative.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Knightro wrote:
zaymon wrote:So Wagner handles the ball and Simmons spaces the floor or Simmons handles and Wagner mainly spots up ? Who takes the dunker spot, Simmons or Carter ? Simmons seems to create problems for both of our young pillars. If we want wing stopper there are cheaper options. What is the role for Simmons on that championship contender ?

Use Simmons as the screener and let him make plays in the short roll sometimes. Let him lead fast breaks and bring the ball up sometimes. Let him facilitate from the elbows sometimes. Use him in the dunker spot sometimes.

He is below average roller, below average in transition. Dunker spot and elbows seem like better idea but i dont see huge upgrade over Carter. So how much are we willing to trade for massively overpaid 4th-5th option with character issues ?
Skin
RealGM

Post#328 » by Skin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:09 pm

Knightro wrote:

No one.

I do not understand your infatuation with Ben Simmons.

He's broken in his head.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#329 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:16 pm

Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:Question: How did Simmons and Fultz get along during The Process?

Fultz would have traded in very short order if the Magic acquired a PG/primary ball handler/primary shot creator/whatever you want to call it.

Simmons IMO fits that bill, so Fultz would have to go.

He makes too much money to be a backup and he doesn't have the skill set to play off the ball.

Correct mr if im wrong but I think the question was about if they got along during " the process" or if they butted heads or whatnot.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#330 » by RookieStar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:18 pm

Skin wrote:
Knightro wrote:

No one.

I do not understand your infatuation with Ben Simmons.

He's broken in his head.

Unless this whole drama is/was a sham and just a ploy by klutch ( if its thrm you can believe it ) to get traded.

But i think the point is about talent. Even with his deficiencies, BS is till talented amd an asset fpr us. ( unless there really is something wrong with his head )
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#331 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:31 pm

I will be careful how I word this because I absolutely do not want to make light of mental health issues, but I do not think Ben Simmons has mental health issues.

He just doesn’t want to play for the Sixers anymore.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#332 » by drsd » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:37 am

RookieStar wrote:Correct mr if im wrong but I think the question was about if they got along during " the process" or if they butted heads or whatnot.

Yeh: this.

Where Simmons and Fultz chummy during The Process?

There needs to be an intangible reason for Simmons to wwant to be in Orlando that is not about basketball per se. Or he would be grumpy.

RichCollab
Starter
And1: 655

Post#333 » by RichCollab » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:44 am

Simmons quit on his team. Am I missing something?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#334 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:48 am

RichCollab wrote:Simmons quit on his team. Am I missing something?

well as a team with a history of star players staying loyal with the team, im sure Simmons will be a player our FO will think... oh wait...
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#335 » by shadrock » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:07 am

How would you guys feel about trading WCJ at the deadline for a late lottery pick?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#336 » by MasterGMer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:10 am

shadrock wrote:How would you guys feel about trading WCJ at the deadline for a late lottery pick?

heck no
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 655

Post#337 » by RichCollab » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:16 am

shadrock wrote:How would you guys feel about trading WCJ at the deadline for a late lottery pick?

Nope!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#338 » by Xatticus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:33 am

zaymon wrote:
Knightro wrote:

He is below average roller, below average in transition. Dunker spot and elbows seem like better idea but i dont see huge upgrade over Carter. So how much are we willing to trade for massively overpaid 4th-5th option with character issues ?

I get the character issues. It's a concern. I'd want to have a very good talk with him before I'd consider bringing him in.

The guy has averaged 11.5 2-point field goal attempts per game since he entered the NBA and his efficiency on those shots is north of 56%. That just absurdly good.

I get the concerns, but he is a very good basketball player. He isn't a fourth or fifth option for anyone.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#339 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 am

You won't find a big man of WCJ caliber in the late part of a draft... well maybe but its rare.
Skin
RealGM

Post#340 » by Skin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:45 am

Knightro wrote:I will be careful how I word this because I absolutely do not want to make light of mental health issues, but I do not think Ben Simmons has mental health issues.

He just doesn’t want to play for the Sixers anymore.

He does not suffer from mental retardation but he is very mentally weak. He's had a terrible mental block in the playoffs. ....and he's a quitter. He's the worse kind of player you can find.

But there's no need to carry on here. Magic have always prioritized high character players.

Return to Orlando Magic