ImageImageImageImage

NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th 

Post#341 » by shadrock » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:19 am

RookieStar wrote:
shadrock wrote:How would you guys feel about trading WCJ at the deadline for a late lottery pick?

You won't find a big man of WCJ caliber in the late part of a draft... well maybe but its rare.

Seems like duplicate talent to keep him when we have isaac, and given our first rounder will likely get us another starting bigman.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#342 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:23 am

shadrock wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
shadrock wrote:How would you guys feel about trading WCJ at the deadline for a late lottery pick?

You won't find a big man of WCJ caliber in the late part of a draft... well maybe but its rare.

Seems like duplicate talent to keep him when we have isaac, and given our first rounder will likely get us another starting bigman.

WCJ is what? A 260lbs banger that battles down low. Asking JI who maybe be taller and longer than wcj but built smaller to bang down low is asking him to retire early.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#343 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 am

Anfernee Simons is having himself quite the coming out party lately. Absolutely lighting it up and averaging 28ppg over his last 6, and Portland is 4-2 over that period.

It’s gotta give them reason to consider taking the plunge and trading Lillard for Simmons and a boatload of other pieces. If Simons can prove to be a reliable volume scorer (big call off a small sample) Simons would be great to partner with him.

I’ve liked Simons since his draft and wanted us to to acquire him a number of times before. But that was when he was playing much worse, so that ship would have sailed by now. It’s a shame, he could’ve been a hometown hero.

Simons for Cole?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#344 » by Skin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 am

Bensational wrote:Anfernee Simons is having himself quite the coming out party lately. Absolutely lighting it up and averaging 28ppg over his last 6, and Portland is 4-2 over that period.

It’s gotta give them reason to consider taking the plunge and trading Lillard for Simmons and a boatload of other pieces. If Simons can prove to be a reliable volume scorer (big call off a small sample) Simons would be great to partner with him.

I’ve liked Simons since his draft and wanted us to to acquire him a number of times before. But that was when he was playing much worse, so that ship would have sailed by now. It’s a shame, he could’ve been a hometown hero.

Simons for Cole?

Does anyone think Portland would give up Simmons for Cole Anthony?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#345 » by Skin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:04 am

This team still lacks a true fluid SF. Let's get Kuminga while GS doesn't realize what they have.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#346 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 am

Mo Bamba to Houston's 3046 second round pick and to sweat up a trade, few balls Hakeem used in 90s.
Sounds like fair trade, if it's too much, fine, i'll drop Hakeem's balls :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#347 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 am

Skin wrote:This team still lacks a true fluid SF. Let's get Kuminga while GS doesn't realize what they have.

I am/was team Kuminga over Barnes when we were picking 5th BUT if you put Kuminga as your SF, where does that leave Franz? You gonna try to bulk him up to play PF?
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#348 » by Ducklett » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 am

If we aren't going to blow our cap on grabbing tons of assets from scurrying playoff bubble teams, we need to throw a max at Simons.
Skin
RealGM

Post#349 » by Skin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 am

RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:This team still lacks a true fluid SF. Let's get Kuminga while GS doesn't realize what they have.

I am/was team Kuminga over Barnes when we were picking 5th BUT if you put Kuminga as your SF, where does that leave Franz? You gonna try to bulk him up to play PF?

Franz body and weight are fine as is. No need to alter other than continuing to workout.

Franz would start over Kuminga, but he would give us a different kind of look to mix things up.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#350 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:13 am

Even best case scenarios for shoot first, second and third, undersized SGs are Beal & McCullum. Who are both payed max money and never played like max players and don't really raise team ceiling.
But vast majority of 6'4> guards fall into Terry Rozier, Levert, Sexston, Tim Hardaway, Trant category. High usage chuckers.
And you see guys like Monk being payed close to nothing and still play on similar level.

As for Kuminga, you can't teach that physical atributes. But he will develop better with Warriors than probably any other nba team aveliable right now. Look what they did with Wiggins. Guy was one of worst nba contracts, two-way-usless chucker. He still can't rebound or pass, but they squeezed best out of him. Efficient shooting & solid defense.

My low-key- low investment would be trying to offer contract to Jordan Nwora.

I just don't think there is FA on 2022 market that is worth blowing your money for. It's one of worst FA in years.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#351 » by drsd » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 am

The Effect wrote:
mg wrote:How about G. Harris for Rubio's expiring + SRP? (Cavs currently own Houston and San Antonio's SRPs in the next draft)

Why would we trade for and round pick? We already have 2 very high 2nd rounders this year and I'll be shocked if even keep one, my guess is both will be sold off (aka traded for future to 55 protected 2nd rounders and cash)

What makes more sense is Harris and the Magic 2nd for Rubio and the Cavs 1st. That is a deal I can see both teams getting behind. Cleveland still gets its contributing low-contract rookie for their bench. Orlando gets a chance at a better player in a low first over a high second.

And Rubio can goof off on the bench with Lopez as the Magic lose another 25+ games.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#352 » by drsd » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 am

pepe1991 wrote:I just don't think there is FA on 2022 market that is worth blowing your money for. It's one of worst FA in years.

And-1

The only way the Magic "spend" is if it is in acquiring a player like Brown in a trade. There is no SnT player the Magic will target.

Suggs/Fultz/Anthony
Ross/Hampton
F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke
Carter/Bamba/M-Wagner*

The above is not a depth chart. It is the 11 current Magicians under contract next season. Add two rookies, Orlando's current 2022 draft picks, Orlando has a 13 man roster for opening night already.

There are simply no FA needs for this team. (butt lot's of needs for trades to balance the roster)

*= assumption of option being picked up

EDIT: by NBAdraft, the Magic draft Jabari Smith and Terrence Shannon. If that comes to pass, there might not be a single FA signing .

The Magic depth chart could start as like:
Suggs/Fultz/Anthony
Ross/Hampton/Shannon
F-Wagner/Okeke
Isaac/Smith
Carter/Bamba/M-Wagner

Spoiler:
Will the Magic get even younger?

Anyhow, the above roster won't be the opening night roster, but it illustrates the direction the Magic is going in.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#353 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:44 am

Skin wrote:
Bensational wrote:Anfernee Simons is having himself quite the coming out party lately. Absolutely lighting it up and averaging 28ppg over his last 6, and Portland is 4-2 over that period.

Simons for Cole?

Does anyone think Portland would give up Simmons for Cole Anthony?

Anfernee Simons, not Ben Simmons.

They might. Depends if they’re a prisoner of the moment or not and view him as the franchise future the way some talked about Cole a couple months ago or if they’ve soured over his slow development and want to move him whilst he is hot instead of waiting to see if he cools down again?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#354 » by Xatticus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:17 pm

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I just don't think there is FA on 2022 market that is worth blowing your money for. It's one of worst FA in years.

And-1

The only way the Magic "spend" is if it is in acquiring a player like Brown in a trade. There is no SnT player the Magic will target.

Suggs/Fultz/Anthony
Ross/Hampton
F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke
Carter/Bamba/M-Wagner*

The above is not a depth chart. It is the 11 current Magicians under contract next season. Add two rookies, Orlando's current 2022 draft picks, Orlando has a 13 man roster for opening night already.

There are simply no FA needs for this team. (butt lot's of needs for trades to balance the roster)

*= assumption of option being picked up

EDIT: by NBAdraft, the Magic draft Jabari Smith and Terrence Shannon. If that comes to pass, there might not be a single FA signing .

The Magic depth chart could start as like:
Suggs/Fultz/Anthony
Ross/Hampton/Shannon
F-Wagner/Okeke
Isaac/Smith
Carter/Bamba/M-Wagner

Spoiler:
Will the Magic get even younger?

Anyhow, the above roster won't be the opening night roster, but it illustrates the direction the Magic is going in.

I'd probably throw a max offer sheet at Miles Bridges. Charlotte would be more likely to match than Phoenix on Ayton, I think, but Ayton would be tougher to recoup value from and he creates a logjam in the frontcourt. I'm not worried about what Bridges does to our rotations the way I would be with Ayton. Charlotte probably matches on Bridges, but you make their cap situation very uncomfortable going forward because Rozier and Hayward both have multiple years left on their deals. This would make it very difficult for Charlotte to upgrade their roster before the inevitable max extension for Ball happens. They might be amenable to a SnT if we send some assets their way.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#355 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Cole and Harris for Okoro, Sexton, and Rubio.

That would help them win now. I like Okoro but he needs more time to develop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#356 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:33 pm

basketballRob wrote:Cole and Harris for Okoro, Sexton, and Rubio.

100% no, IMO…the best of the three is Rubio and even he’s a negative at this point.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#357 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm

Skybox wrote:

100% no, IMO…the best of the three is Rubio and even he’s a negative at this point.
Okoro is the same size as Jimmy Butler and we could use the size at guard. I think he will eventually develop. Sexton and Rubio, I don't care about.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#358 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:27 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Okoro is the same size as Jimmy Butler and we could use the size at guard. I think he will eventually develop. Sexton and Rubio, I don't care about.

I would only agree that they are the same size
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#359 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Skin wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Franz body and weight are fine as is. No need to alter other than continuing to workout.

Franz would start over Kuminga, but he would give us a different kind of look to mix things up.

You wpuld bench JK?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Post#360 » by MasterGMer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:06 pm

Would you do this trade?

Orlando: Fultz, Isaac, Ross, CHI 2023 FRP. DEN 2025 FRP

Portland: Damian Lillard, Nurkic

We get a bona fide super star. Lillard could possibly already played his last game at Portland. Blazers are a mess right now.

Could they push the reset button and go to a rebuild? 2 FRPs could benefit them and also have a defensive beast in Isaac

Return to Orlando Magic