ImageImageImageImage

Anyone else can't wait for Fultz to bench Cole Anthony?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Re: Anyone else can't wait for Fultz to bench Cole Anthony? 

Post#41 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:08 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Pepe should be a politician.

No one spins a story in their head and sells that **** with as much contradictory confidence as him! Bravo!

Feel free to argue me with stats, counter points, data, facts. If you have non, feel free to shove it.

There is no data in the world that would spin Fultz into "above average point guard" in nba. All that before he got hurt.

For whole Fultz career, you know, one where he should have been +300 games played player, he is 11 ppg, 46,6% eFG player in league where league's average is 5-6% above that and almost all nba teams have at least 3 players who average at least 14 ppg.

Fultz is below average starting PG in mold of worst version of Eric Bledsoe . For all I care, Eric Bledsoe might be GOAT in your mind, i might be dumb and not understand how Eric Bledsoe is best player in nba. :nod:

Your first post was a whirlwind of many OPINIONS about two players.

But look at you go, assuming my generic post was about one very specific thing.

Look at how hard you fight and struggle to pull in every stat you can find to defend a point no one else is arguing against …

Your insecurity is showing, sweetie.

Look at how hard you fight and struggle to pull in every stat you can find to defend a point no one else is arguing against …

Cute little pie it's not my fault that you can't read. My reply, one that you end up replying to was direct answer to BasketballRob post that said "Fultz can run a team much better. It doesn't matter which team it is. We'll look way better with him as PG over Cole." , But if you could read , or understand what you actually did read, you would figure my reply questions substance of his claim. What sucessful team Markelle Fultz runned in his life? College team?

But you are too cought up in emotions every time you reply to me that it feels like you have love crush. :wink:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#42 » by basketballRob » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:16 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Feel free to argue me with stats, counter points, data, facts. If you have non, feel free to shove it.

There is no data in the world that would spin Fultz into "above average point guard" in nba. All that before he got hurt.

For whole Fultz career, you know, one where he should have been +300 games played player, he is 11 ppg, 46,6% eFG player in league where league's average is 5-6% above that and almost all nba teams have at least 3 players who average at least 14 ppg.

Fultz is below average starting PG in mold of worst version of Eric Bledsoe . For all I care, Eric Bledsoe might be GOAT in your mind, i might be dumb and not understand how Eric Bledsoe is best player in nba. :nod:

Cute little pie it's not my fault that you can't read. My reply, one that you end up replying to was direct answer to BasketballRob post that said "Fultz can run a team much better. It doesn't matter which team it is. We'll look way better with him as PG over Cole." , But if you could read , or understand what you actually did read, you would figure my reply questions substance of his claim. What sucessful team Markelle Fultz runned in his life? College team?

But you are too cought up in emotions every time you reply to me that it feels like you have love crush. :wink:
Fultz has had better success than Cole.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#43 » by The Effect » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:25 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Fultz has had better success than Cole.

On a team with Vuc, AG, Evan, JI

I like Fultz, probably more than most here, but i remember before this season, most people wrote him off after drafting Suggs, but now seems people are grasping for ANYONE to try and take Coles job. I would love for fultz to return and kill it, but i cant envision any way he pushes Cole to the bench, especially not this year
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Post#44 » by Rainwater » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:48 am

Said this months ago, would make a great 6th man though.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#45 » by thelead » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:56 am

tiderulz wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Cole needs to be modeled after Jordan Clarkson. 6th guy, instant offense off the bench. brought in to be a flame thrower

I dont think he sees himslef in that picture.

i agree, and thats part of the problem

Also agree but to be fair, Jordan Clarkson thought he was better than he actually was in his first few years. The same can be said for LouWill. That's where good coaching comes into play.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:11 am

Furinkazan wrote:the tracgic thing is we got 3 young point guards 4 even if we include Hampton ....and neither of them is actually any good

Didn't want to be first to say this.

I wouldn't say they are "no good" I would say they are average but I pretty much agree with this post. I still have hope for Suggs though he is still a rookie and he just needs the ball to drop.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#47 » by fendilim » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:30 am

tiderulz wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Cole needs to be modeled after Jordan Clarkson. 6th guy, instant offense off the bench. brought in to be a flame thrower

I dont think he sees himslef in that picture.

I would like to believe part of problem is how we are managing his game and minutes now. It will be more difficult for him to accept the 6th man role now.

Tbh, I dont blame the team though, the starting pg was like gift wrapped to him in his rookie year when all our point guards went down early in the season except for him and he took advantage of it.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#48 » by thelead » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 am

fendilim wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:I dont think he sees himslef in that picture.

I would like to believe part of problem is how we are managing his game and minutes now. It will be more difficult for him to accept the 6th man role now.

Tbh, I dont blame the team though, the starting pg was like gift wrapped to him in his rookie year when all our point guards went down early in the season except for him and he took advantage of it.

Yeah. Let's be clear, most of us want him benched but the reality is that he's our best PG at the moment. That's not saying much (the PG part) but it is what it is. He's a talented scorer but unless he can increase his efficiency (and he has already started to decline from his high volume/average efficiency start), he is no more than a bench spark plug.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#49 » by Horcy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:16 am

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
What sucessful teams Fultz runned?
42-40 Magic where he was 5th most important starter?

Or mediocre college team 6 years ago?

Or running 76ers fans mad counts as running sucessful offense?

Fact that fanbase is expecting from 10 points, 49% TS point guard to save their franchase says a lot. We are not getting Ja Morant back, we are getting Eric Bledso-lite back.

I'm not big fan of Cole at all, but Cole is running offense with bunch of non nba bodies, fringe nba rotation players while Fultz actually had nice team to play with. Gordon, Vuc, Evan, Ross, isaac, Ennis, MCW, Augustin... far cry from Mo Bamba , g league players, Okeke and RJ Hampton.

No one spins a story in their head and sells that **** with as much contradictory confidence as him! Bravo!

What for? It's a waste of time. At the end of the day you just write posts with the only purpose of reading yourself again and again and gain some sort of "what a great forum poster I am" feeling. What's pretty pathetic. You don’t want to debate.
Sometimes you have some valid points but sadly are lost on that pedantic and arrogant attitude.
Many of us are done with you, we just chose to ignore your endless messages.
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 811

Post#50 » by fateis007 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:56 am

Horcy wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

What for? It's a waste of time. At the end of the day you just write posts with the only purpose of reading yourself again and again and gain some sort of "what a great forum poster I am" feeling. What's pretty pathetic. You don’t want to debate.
Sometimes you have some valid points but sadly are lost on that pedantic and arrogant attitude.
Many of us are done with you, we just chose to ignore your endless messages.

When I see a Pepe debate, I just learn to move on. But this forum has been pretty dead, so he stands out much more.

Fultz is only 23, and we really have no idea what he can be still, but I can tell you this. Even on a more talented team, Fultz never played like an absolute stad padder. And Cole isn't even a great one at that. I don't care about Fultz status around the league, I am talking about OUR TEAMS best option at this point. I mean guys like pepe literally do nothing but stare at stats and look for ways to make subjective opinions on everything they can on this forum. You make a post saying, you can't wait for our starting point guard to return and put OUR OTHER player back in a better suited role, and this fool rants and trolls your whole thread on how they both suck and looks to debate everyone who sides on either player. I am pretty sure he gets off on trolling this forum. He really is a systemic problem imo and makes the little bit of talk that goes on in here unbearable with his thread take overs.

The bottom line is (regardless of what pepe is ranting about), Fultz has secured a large contract with us, he is being paid like a starting point guard, and when he comes back, I have little doubt he will put Cole on the bench, if he can stay healthy. Cole has not earned the position by being a high volume scorer by default on a non winning club. Whether people like it or not, Fultz is the guy were paying to lead the way right now.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#51 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:53 am

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Horcy wrote:

Even I prefer Fultz's style to run a team the comparison is senseless. The teams were drastically different. Fultz was running a team with Vucevic (an all star), Gordon, Fournier...full of no great but at least proven veterans. Anthony is running one of the worst teams in magic histoy.
Fultz can run a team much better. It doesn't matter which team it is. We'll look way better with him as PG over Cole.

What sucessful teams Fultz runned?
42-40 Magic where he was 5th most important starter?

Or mediocre college team 6 years ago?

Or running 76ers fans mad counts as running sucessful offense?

Fact that fanbase is expecting from 10 points, 49% TS point guard to save their franchase says a lot. We are not getting Ja Morant back, we are getting Eric Bledso-lite back.

I'm not big fan of Cole at all, but Cole is running offense with bunch of non nba bodies, fringe nba rotation players while Fultz actually had nice team to play with. Gordon, Vuc, Evan, Ross, isaac, Ennis, MCW, Augustin... far cry from Mo Bamba , g league players, Okeke and RJ Hampton.

Agreed. Cole is a chucker but I have more hopes for a guy that can score more consistently but needs to learn how to share the ball, than for a bad shooting timid PG in this era.

Fultz’s best case would be what Lonzo is now, but even that scenario would require a lot of improvement from Fultz and basically 3 all stars to hide his offensive flaws (Lavine, DeRozan, Vucevic)
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,796

Post#52 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:58 pm

So when Fultz comes back are we saying we would rather see Fultz in Garry Harris as the starting backcourt with Cole off the bench? Gary Harris is playing well but long term why wouldn't we wanna see how Fultz and Anthony play together?

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#53 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:14 pm

I remember Hammond said early on that he envisioned Fultz and Suggs playing together. Two big guards that could be interchangeable.

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#54 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:41 pm

Cole is still figuring things out, isn't going to happen game to game. Year to year.
Last night I watched Ja, second game in about 2 weeks that I've really got to watch him.
He's SO much better in year 3, than year 1 or 2. And he was pretty good in those years, just more 1 dimensional.
A full roster will force Cole to make adjustments, or he'll be out of games.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#55 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:49 pm

Cole is a 6th man.

Fultz is likely a bridge at this point. He will not be what he was supposed to be.

Our only hope for a star guard on this current roster is Suggs.

I do feel allowing Wagner to develop around the right core is important. It is very early and the sample size is small but so far, I do not like what I see when Cole is dominating the ball alongside Franz. I would rather play Suggs and / or Fultz with him.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#56 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm

I think Cole's teammates will get tired of him fast. Grabbing rebounds out of their hands, dribbling the entire shot clock and not moving the ball, taking 40' shots instead of running a play.

He gets numbers but sacrifices team play.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#57 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:19 am

The one thing I will say in Cole’s defense is that he has a great attitude and he seems like a great teammate. He WANTS to be a great teammate as well. He doesn’t have this attitude some “stars” or scorers have. Yes, he has some bad habits he needs to get rid of and that is going to be tough at this stage of his career but he seems very coachable and has already shown great improvement in one season in the league.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#58 » by rusoopE » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 am

In cole i trust. Dude is in his sophomore year, a top 10 candidate for mip and you people are bashing him so hard. At least he can stay on the court despite fultz. Prove em wrong fella
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#59 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 am

Hoping for a 30 piece for Mo
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#60 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Hoping for a 30 piece for Mo

Hmm. Wrong thread. Not even sure how I arrived here

Return to Orlando Magic