ImageImageImageImage

Terrence Ross says he's ready to move on

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Re: Terrence Ross says he's ready to move on 

Post#21 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am

Ralof wrote:
cedric76 wrote:As planned, Ross will be traded on draft night

Ross +our 2nds to move up

except we'll only draft a guy and surely ross+2nd can not move anything in top 10.

we will trade him for a second we'll never use as always :lol:

Who said Ross+2nds will get us a top 10 pick?

But if someone like Malaki Branham or Ochai Agbaji fall, it might be enough to grab one of them
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#22 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:48 pm

I hope I am wrong, but I think Ross has no trade value left, he was one of the worst rotation players in the league this season and he is already 31.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#23 » by Xatticus » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:I hope I am wrong, but I think Ross has no trade value left, he was one of the worst rotation players in the league this season and he is already 31.

I don't think he really had trade value before this season either. I hope we do right by him though. I'd like to see him come back and take Jeff Turner's job after he retires from basketball.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#24 » by Skybox » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:24 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:I hope I am wrong, but I think Ross has no trade value left, he was one of the worst rotation players in the league this season and he is already 31.

I don't think he really had trade value before this season either. I hope we do right by him though. I'd like to see him come back and take Jeff Turner's job after he retires from basketball.

This year looked like he already retired
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#25 » by jonbob17 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:41 pm

Does he mean transition to life after professional basketball?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#26 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Everyone wants to move on from the Magic lol. I don't blame him our team has been a mess for years.
aka: prorl
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 508

Post#27 » by Ralof » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:30 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Ralof wrote:
cedric76 wrote:As planned, Ross will be traded on draft night

Ross +our 2nds to move up

except we'll only draft a guy and surely ross+2nd can not move anything in top 10.

we will trade him for a second we'll never use as always :lol:

But if someone like Malaki Branham or Ochai Agbaji fall, it might be enough to grab one of them

except this FO will never do a move like that,will just pick in top 5 and stop as they always do,but ok
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#28 » by RookieStar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Tross plus our 2nd SRP to get back in the 1st round? Im sure a playoff team wouldn't mind giving up their FRP for Ross and a high SRP
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#29 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:52 am

Ross may not have peak value but he’ll have suitors. He has a nice sized contract of big names/contracts like Westbrook and Gobert get moved around, that he could become filler in a deal like that.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#30 » by pepe1991 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 am

Bensational wrote:Ross may not have peak value but he’ll have suitors. He has a nice sized contract of big names/contracts like Westbrook and Gobert get moved around, that he could become filler in a deal like that.

His sutiors are contenders who don't have anything valuable to give up. So expect bad contract and some far in future second round pick in return.

Magic asked first round pick for him literally month and half ago, and nobody answered. SO you are not even getting 30th pick for him.
Magic are in situation where they can take massive bad expiring contract if they want to, as salary holder, i tried to find player who fits criteria of :
a) worthless as player
b) expiring after next season
c) on serious team

And there simply isn't one other than usual suspects Wall & Westbrook, but they make $30M more than Ross and Magic can't outright just add them without sending more players back ( as bad as Lakers are sending Westbrook for Ross & Cole Anthony or Okeke won't make them better ).

Maybe streaching or just vaiwing him ends up being solution.

I don't know. Fact that Ross had value but kept devaluing himself and Weltman and Hammond stubborness to demand first round pick for him seems to be fatal flaw in nogotations. You can't get first round pick out of player who is 31 and is one of worst rotation nba players out there. That's not realistic, even if you think ( or know ) he is mailing in and gives no effort. And if he does so, why da hell you kept him around young players for so long ?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#31 » by drsd » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:01 am

pepe1991 wrote:Magic asked first round pick for him literally month and half ago, and nobody answered. SO you are not even getting 30th pick for him.

I think the vibe is Ross + pick31 to move up to the ~pick26 range.

In agreeing the Magic needs to eat a bad contract for the moneys to work, that means the contender is also smoothing out a cap-conflict by taking in an expiring contract. Dāvis Bertāns of Dallas is exactly the type to consider.

Personally I like Ross + 31 for Bertāns + 26. Both teams serve needs by a trade like that.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#32 » by pepe1991 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:33 am

this is type of veteran you want around your young players, hard to even call him vet since he has been in nba for just 5 years.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#33 » by jonbob17 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:this is type of veteran you want around your young players, hard to even call him vet since he has been in nba for just 5 years.

The math between losing Caruso and adding Westbrook is equal to the demise of the Lakers. Can't believe the Lakers let him walk for what the Bulls signed him. Or better yet that the Bulls were able to lure him with the promise of a backing up Ball. What the hell is wrong with the rest of the league.

PS You know who really loves Caruso? RAPTOR
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#34 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

this is type of veteran you want around your young players, hard to even call him vet since he has been in nba for just 5 years.

He is going to be a pretty good head coach once he hangs it up.
aka: prorl
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#35 » by drsd » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

He is going to be a pretty good head coach once he hangs it up.

Man is he ripped #Iamjealous

Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#36 » by Bergmaniac » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:04 pm

The Lakers letting Caruso go just shows how underrated defense is in the NBA. 8 mln. per year is peanuts for a defender of his calibre who isn't Andre Roberson level liability on offense (hell, even if he was useless on offense, he's still worth it). He even shot 40% from 3 last year. It's even more baffling considering he was a great fit with LeBron, LeBron loved him and the lineups with both of them on the court were absolutely killing it on both ends.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#37 » by purpleswordfish » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:08 pm

I think the Magic will do right by him and let him go somewhere that's a better fit. I would imagine Ross is looking for one last multi-year contract after the current one expires. To get that, he'll need to show he can contribute on a competitive team.

If the Magic can take another expiring deal back or get any other useful asset, it's a no-brainer.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#38 » by basketballRob » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Many here like Gordon Hayward. We could trade Ross straight up for Hayward. That would give them the flexibility to re-sign Miles Bridges.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Post#39 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:53 pm

It's hard to find a trade for Ross that can also be a bit of a benefit to us.

If it's not second rounders, then its players like Danny Green etc. Which is fine I wouldn't mind Green but I don't think Philly even entertain trading him.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#40 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:12 pm

basketballRob wrote:Many here like Gordon Hayward. We could trade Ross straight up for Hayward. That would give them the flexibility to re-sign Miles Bridges.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Yeah... so with JI presumably back next season, Hayward will fill in the "what if" injured player on our bench?

As much as I admired him especially on his legendary BUTLER days against DUKE, I think it's better we look for one of their other young guys without PT for Tross

Return to Orlando Magic