ImageImageImageImage

Terrence Ross says he's ready to move on

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Terrence Ross says he's ready to move on 

Post#41 » by Skin » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:36 pm

Wish he would had made it clear at the deadline.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#42 » by axl_c_cool » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:41 pm

I'm sure Ross made it known at the deadline. A trade up for a late 1st with a future 2nd attached makes sense. Where would he fit?

Sent from my SM-G996B using RealGM mobile app
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#43 » by jonbob17 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:00 am

basketballRob wrote:Many here like Gordon Hayward. We could trade Ross straight up for Hayward. That would give them the flexibility to re-sign Miles Bridges.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I am not sure Ross is worth a 2nd, but the Hornets would still have to add a sweetener to that deal. Availability is Hayward's weakness. That said he might be a good fit on this team. In two years Hayward falling off the payroll might align well with our timeline, and you get a wing who can dribble shoot and pass when healthy. Could be a good guy for our guys to learn from and compete with.

it's actually a pretty interesting suggestion, but it gets complicated, because it probably involves 3 or more teams. The Lakers are said to be interested in Rozier. Rozier and Hayward = Westbrook. Is there a fourth team that eats Westbrook? I am just not sure anyone would be willing to do it.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#44 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 pm

Just buy him out and move on honestly. We’d be lucky to get a 2nd without having to take on a 2nd year of salary.

Actually use both 2nd round picks and make a decent FA signing.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#45 » by D12VCMagic » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 pm

What is the point of trading Ross for a 2nd when we know the FO will just sell the pick for cash anyways?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#46 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:28 pm

Ross has Covid again.

Still no speculation thread?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#47 » by Audi » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Skybox wrote:He'll probably have a resurgence elsewhere. He is exactly the profile of player that we NEED. A long athletic freak of a wing that can shoot 3's, defend, and dunk on people's heads...if only he had the heart, he should be an All-Star.

...ehhhh. I really don’t think heart has ever been Ross’ problem hitting that next level...more like consistency.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,605

Post#48 » by Skybox » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 am

Looking at our roster...if TRoss just came to play, he'd be the starting 2 and scoring as much as he wanted -and making a ton of money. He's another freak athlete, dunk contest guy that rarely dunks ON anyone. Watching Wiggins last night and all year makes me sad that TRoss doesn't have his own revival here. Same type of "made for hooping" body, with the shooting to create open runways. :nonono:

Even Gordon, with his dunking legacy, wasn't really one to go right at anyone at the rim and smash on them. There are some highlights out there, but it wasn't a nightly thing like some guys...so happy to see Wiggins in such a good environment and delivering on the promise.

Shame we're talking about TRoss for a very late first, if not a second, at this point. :banghead: Wasn't very long ago that Wiggins was in contention for "worst deal in the NBA" (along with CP3).
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#49 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Skybox wrote:Looking at our roster...if TRoss just came to play, he'd be the starting 2 and scoring as much as he wanted -and making a ton of money. He's another freak athlete, dunk contest guy that rarely dunks ON anyone. Watching Wiggins last night and all year makes me sad that TRoss doesn't have his own revival here. Same type of "made for hooping" body, with the shooting to create open runways. :nonono:

Even Gordon, with his dunking legacy, wasn't really one to go right at anyone at the rim and smash on them. There are some highlights out there, but it wasn't a nightly thing like some guys...so happy to see Wiggins in such a good environment and delivering on the promise.

Shame we're talking about TRoss for a very late first, if not a second, at this point. :banghead: Wasn't very long ago that Wiggins was in contention for "worst deal in the NBA" (along with CP3).

Thats what happens when you are shooter with limited decision making and passing and you dont have enough creators on your team. Its the fear i have with Smith who has bad handle on top.
I will be furious if we pass on Banchero.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#50 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:30 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:Looking at our roster...if TRoss just came to play, he'd be the starting 2 and scoring as much as he wanted -and making a ton of money. He's another freak athlete, dunk contest guy that rarely dunks ON anyone. Watching Wiggins last night and all year makes me sad that TRoss doesn't have his own revival here. Same type of "made for hooping" body, with the shooting to create open runways. :nonono:

Thats what happens when you are shooter with limited decision making and passing and you dont have enough creators on your team. Its the fear i have with Smith who has bad handle on top.

How many creators does TRoss need? We’ve got Fultz, Franz, Cole sure loves to dribble lol.

I think the issue was TRoss didn’t want to be here when we blew it up. He knew his role would be diminished heavily & his play/lack of trying seemed to show up nightly.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see old TRoss wherever he ends up and people will say why couldn’t we use him like x team.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#51 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:47 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:

How many creators does TRoss need? We’ve got Fultz, Franz, Cole sure loves to dribble lol.

I think the issue was TRoss didn’t want to be here when we blew it up. He knew his role would be diminished heavily & his play/lack of trying seemed to show up nightly.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see old TRoss wherever he ends up and people will say why couldn’t we use him like x team.

Imo he just didn't want to be here any more, period.
Guy is 31. Rest of a roster is bunch of 20 years old being too busy doing tik tok videos, riding quads, hitting pilates balls with their nuts, probably going out and being wild at parties or playing playstation 5 or whatever in free time.
He is guy with 2 kids ( i think?) ,wife and his life is very different than Cole , Suggs or Hampton life is.

Being 31 and esencially wasting last prime years of his career on 22 wins team is something most players don't want.
Look at Otto Porter for example. Here he was guy who was doing bare minimum to not look washed up. And now he is starting in nba finals on probably nba finals champions.

NBA life circle is similar with real life circle,every age bring different chapter. Ross should have been traded with rest of a group of vets.

I had similar experience in "post corona" world,when i went to a club and figured i'm 10 years older than most of the crowd. it's fun but you know you should move one to another chapter in life.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#52 » by Skybox » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Imo he just didn't want to be here any more, period.
Guy is 31. Rest of a roster is bunch of 20 years old being too busy doing tik tok videos, riding quads, hitting pilates balls with their nuts, probably going out and being wild at parties or playing playstation 5 or whatever in free time.
He is guy with 2 kids ( i think?) ,wife and his life is very different than Cole , Suggs or Hampton life is.

Being 31 and esencially wasting last prime years of his career on 22 wins team is something most players don't want.
Look at Otto Porter for example. Here he was guy who was doing bare minimum to not look washed up. And now he is starting in nba finals on probably nba finals champions.

NBA life circle is similar with real life circle,every age bring different chapter. Ross should have been traded with rest of a group of vets.

I had similar experience in "post corona" world,when i went to a club and figured i'm 10 years older than most of the crowd. it's fun but you know you should move one to another chapter in life.

Listen to his podcast...very nice guy but hard to label him "adult".

I agree also (really no doubt in my mind) that TRoss will have a rebirth at his next stop. Only makes sense for a playoff team to make a move for him and he really can play when motivated...I've got a total love/hate fandom with him. :-?
Skin
RealGM

Post#53 » by Skin » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:52 pm

Nobody wants or needs him. We may just have to release him.

Reason he wants to leave now is because Fran took over.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#54 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Skin wrote:Nobody wants or needs him. We may just have to release him.

The writing has been on the wall even before we took Fran. Lol

There’s no way a guy like him would consider babysitting this young team. He is still in his prime.
ChiefWiggumz
Senior
And1: 172

Post#55 » by ChiefWiggumz » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:20 pm

fendilim wrote:

There’s no way a guy like him would consider babysitting this young team. He is still in his prime.

Release him? wut :crazy:
anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Post#56 » by anothermagicfan » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:15 pm

Starting with fultz, franz, Jabari, and wcj would be really good for Ross imo. That would be good size and length, mixed with youth and experience, 4 shooters and a point guard that can collapse the paint and kick the ball back out.

I've said it before that once we draft Jabari our biggest weakness is shooting guard. Ross has always had the promise to be the guy but has always been a backup. His biggest problem the last couple years is every defense knows he's the guy taking the shot when he's on the court. He could start with this group and be the vet leader able to pick and choose his shots. Only if he starts.

Follow the starters up with suggs/RJ/Chuma/Isaac/Bamba and you've got a group that could come in and play some stifling defense and get out and run in transition. 4 pretty good defenders and bamba with the trailing 3 in transition.

If only Ross would stay
Skin
RealGM

Post#57 » by Skin » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:53 pm

ChiefWiggumz wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Release him? wut :crazy:

I don't see him adding value to any contender.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#58 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:16 pm

He’s Coin Toss Ross for a reason. When his shots are falling he can win you a game, when they’re not he’s not giving you much and he requires a 23-25% USG to get into his rhythms. He had the perfect role for him during our playoff runs, as far as touches go. I’m not sure he’d be as effective as a starter getting less touches as it might not allow him to get into his rhythm.

He’d do well coming off the bench for a contender (like GSW or Philly). I hope we can swing a trade with one of those teams and get value back for him.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Post#59 » by SHAQ32 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:54 am

I'll always be a T-Ross fan. He might not have brought his shot with him every night, but he always brought energy on defense! :clap:
Skybox
RealGM

Post#60 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:30 am

If trade offers don't materialize and Harris goes off to a contender, starting him might make sense...He's got to know that his crappy performance last year diminished all his value. If he just got off to a quick start in visible starter's role, we could move him.

I'm betting he's gone by training camp but if he's not...

Return to Orlando Magic