ImageImageImageImage

Donovan Mitchell trade will be done before training camp. Does Magic have an interest?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Re: Donovan Mitchell? 

Post#41 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue May 17, 2022 8:32 pm

I was a fan of this trade before watching Mitchell stink it up in playoffs. That Jazz team shouldn't have been in a hole with the Mavs without Doncic. I'm definitely not giving up Suggs for Mitchell. If they want future protected picks and Cole Anthony, sure.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#42 » by Magicman125 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:38 pm

I personally am not interested in Mitchell, don't want any defensive sieves on this roster. I like Fultz, Suggs, Wagner, Isaac, and WCJ from a defensive standpoint. I get that we don't have a scorer, but it feels too early to go for a big swing on a star, where our ceiling would be too limited for it to pay real dividends beyond another first round exit.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#43 » by MasterGMer » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:52 am

The news around NBA circle today is Utah Jazz Quin Snyder is out of Utah and Donovan Mitchell is unhappy about it.

Could they unplug a new rebuild and send away their stars like Gobert and Donovan?

What could we offer for a star like Donovan Mitchell? Several first rounders? Ross? Franz or Wendell?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,696

Post#44 » by thelead » Mon Jun 6, 2022 4:13 am

MasterGMer wrote:The news around NBA circle today is Utah Jazz Quin Snyder is out of Utah and Donovan Mitchell is unhappy about it.

Could they unplug a new rebuild and send away their stars like Gobert and Donovan?

What could we offer for a star like Donovan Mitchell? Several first rounders? Ross? Franz or Wendell?

Our first and Franz… but then we would suck and he would be pissed off here… and he’s definitely not worth that package.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#45 » by drsd » Mon Jun 6, 2022 8:51 am

MasterGMer wrote:The news around NBA circle today is Utah Jazz Quin Snyder is out of Utah and Donovan Mitchell is unhappy about it.

Harris SnT, Bamba SnT, Ross, the Bulls FRP and the Nuggets FRP. I am all for that.

:)

More seriously: he would probably force himself to Miami or Milwaukee. A trade to Orlando makes no sense for him.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,824

Post#46 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:09 am

Yeah... useless to trade for him. Any cool nicknames like Dwightmare for describing the drama spyda would give us?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#47 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:10 am

Looking at Utah's cap they may look to move him to a team that can take on salary without giving a lot back. They would probably want to include Rudy Gay to get him off the books. Gay would be a good veteran presence for us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#48 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:19 am

RookieStar wrote:Yeah... useless to trade for him. Any cool nicknames like Dwightmare for describing the drama spyda would give us?
He signed for 4 more years. I'd at least give Utah a lowball offer.

GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#49 » by GelbeWand09 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:42 am

basketballRob wrote:Looking at Utah's cap they may look to move him to a team that can take on salary without giving a lot back. They would probably want to include Rudy Gay to get him off the books. Gay would be a good veteran presence for us.

Problem is we dont need good veteran presence if all our good young players are in Utah after the trade. :wink: Which would be the only trade Utah accepts.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Post#50 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:23 pm

If Mitchell doesn't like winning in Utah, then he would absolutely hate losing with the Magic and starting all over again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#51 » by Magic#1 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:35 pm

I don't give up Suggs, Franz or even WCJ. Now, if other teams aren't willing to get in the game, and they really want to unload Mitchell for Cole, JI, Bamba SNT and future picks, it's a no brainer. But I don't see that happening. Mitchell has the ability to be an alpha on a contending team with the right cast around him, but I don't think it's the right time to give up our best pieces for him.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#52 » by IllMagic04 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 2:28 pm

Utah ain't moving Mitchell to us if Franz and the #1 pick aint in the deal. Im not doing that. I think its too early for us to cash in as any realistic deal to get him would leave us a one man treadmill team. However If they lost their minds and were wiling to deal him for Suggs, WCjr, Issac or whoever else on the roster you do that deal in a hearbeat. If the trade is Suggs, WCjr, Ross, the Chicago pick and our pick ( top 5 protection) and the Jazz accept you ask them if its a prank call. If they are serious you make that trade immediately before their temporary insanity wears off. Yall are seriously overating our players if you dont make that deal

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#53 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 6, 2022 2:41 pm

It's possible that we could be a facilitator. We could take a couple of vets like Taj Gibson, Rudy Gay, and picks.

MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#54 » by MasterGMer » Tue Jun 7, 2022 1:57 am

Read on Twitter
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#55 » by fateis007 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 5:36 am

If he actually wanted to play here, id give up this years first and fillers for him. (Anyone but Franz, JI (value to low), WCJ) to make it happen. And yes I would include Suggs. Replacing a second year rookie with a legit super star is no question.

But i doubt he does, and that would make it way to risky. But he obviously is a franchise player already and in his prime. you take that over a draft pick
drsd
RealGM

Post#56 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2022 6:38 am

MasterGMer wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitchell would need to publicly demand a trade, or he is a Jazz next year. It's that simple.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#57 » by MasterGMer » Sat Jul 2, 2022 1:52 am

Now Rudy is gone, does anyone see a complete rebuild from the Jazz?

Now we have a lot of assets now with Bamba and Harris, could we pull an interesting package to lure Donovan Mitchell?

I know his situation, he is Win Now and Magic is not. But we are on the rise with tons of young potential stars. He could be an alpha dog on this team
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#58 » by Skybox » Sat Jul 2, 2022 12:42 pm

Ainge is in house in UTA...Mitchell is going to pull in a thousand picks, assuming UTA is going full rebuild (which I do). It's worth a call, but I don't see UTA selling him off for a price that wouldn't decimate our core. I'd give Suggs or Fultz(if they prefer cap room next year to young talent) or maybe even both, but they'd probably demand 4 frp's (which I wouldn't- I would do DEN and CHI). Mitchell is polarizing but he's an offensive star in this league and I think he and PB could co-exist well. Franz would probably fall back into more playmaking vs scoring (unless he becomes a knockdown 3pt guy), but that's still very valuable...it's all contingent on Mitchell recognizing that these guys don't suck and team ball wins. I don't know the guy so...

My high offer would be Suggs and an expiring (TRoss, Bamba, Fultz (partially guaranteed)-their choice) and DEN '25, CHI '23, plus all of our second round picks for a century...It will be very interesting to see what they actually get. I'm still against people drooling over quantity of picks vs top 5 potential.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#59 » by jezzerinho » Sat Jul 2, 2022 1:41 pm

Would Mitchell, Franz and Paolo coexist? That's likely to be a lot of usage amongst the three of them...

I loved the idea of a Mitchell trade before we drafted Paolo. Now it's tougher for me to envisage being successful.
drsd
RealGM

Post#60 » by drsd » Sat Jul 2, 2022 3:18 pm

jezzerinho wrote:Would Mitchell, Franz and Paolo coexist? That's likely to be a lot of usage amongst the three of them...

Easily.

Add Fultz and Carter, and that is a contending starting five, in time.

Return to Orlando Magic