ImageImageImageImage

I am sold on Banchero for #1 pick.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

fateis007
Rookie
And1: 813

I am sold on Banchero for #1 pick. 

Post#1 » by fateis007 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:59 am

This guy is the real deal. 250lb scoring beast. No hoping he grows into his frame. No hoping he learns to handle the ball. No hoping he develops a post game. He is a legit scorer. Looks like he can be a better version of a prime blake griffin, but with better handles and passing.

We have been terrible on offense for years, we need a goto scorer. This guy is it.

I wont spam a whole bunch of videos. But it seems everyone wants to pass on Ivey, which I understand, but this guy is the next best scorer available.

All we have to do is improve his defense so he isn't a liability, and let him wreak havoc on offense.

We would finally have a player that doesn't need a screen to score.
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer
And1: 888

Re: I am sold on Panchero for #1 pick. 

Post#2 » by MAGICian619 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:59 pm

Banchero reminds me of an old school PF who knows that old school PFs are no longer a thing so he is forcing himself to play more on the wing.

No thanks.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#3 » by fendilim » Thu May 19, 2022 1:06 pm

How can you be sold when you don’t even know his last name?
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#4 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:Banchero reminds me of an old school PF who knows that old school PFs are no longer a thing so he is forcing himself to play more on the wing.

No thanks.

I feel like that doesn't describe Paolo at all. Have you seen his playmaking? Which old school PF had playmaking and court vision like Paolo?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#5 » by zaymon » Thu May 19, 2022 1:45 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
MAGICian619 wrote:Banchero reminds me of an old school PF who knows that old school PFs are no longer a thing so he is forcing himself to play more on the wing.

No thanks.

I feel like that doesn't describe Paolo at all. Have you seen his playmaking? Which old school PF had playmaking and court vision like Paolo?

Webber had beautiful step back game ;). Banchero can score at 3 levels thats old school forcing things. Lets draft Smith who is post neo modern 2 level scorer.( really a 1,5 level scorer becouse his midrange game is very limited)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#6 » by Horcy » Thu May 19, 2022 1:49 pm

fendilim wrote:How can you be sold when you don’t even know his last name?

I believe he tried to create a sort of a nickname.
Actually in Spanish is a little bit funny :lol:
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#7 » by 89Magicfan » Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm

I like Banchero over Smith personally.
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer
And1: 888

Post#8 » by MAGICian619 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:

No thanks.

Again, I'm not saying he played like an old school PF, I just feel his skill set and body are setup to play that way.
fateis007
Rookie

Post#9 » by fateis007 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:00 pm

His new nick name, he has a little bit of a latino look to him. the hot dog vendor
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu May 19, 2022 2:02 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

No thanks.

Again, I'm not saying he played like an old school PF, I just feel his skill set and body are setup to play that way.

That truly doesn't make any sense.

He's more point forward than Scottie Barnes was last year and can run the pick and roll as the primary ball handler. The fact that he can play in the post is a bonus and just a part of his offensive arsenal, not a limiting factor.

Luka Doncic is thick and plays in the post - does he also play like an old school PF?
fateis007
Rookie

Post#11 » by fateis007 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:11 pm

He is not an old school pf. The guy has the handles and passing too run a high screen pick and roll and euro step to the bucket. He isn't some old school bruiser, hes just big as hell.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#12 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:18 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

No thanks.

Can't really fault the guy since he grew up playing PG.... then he was blessed by the basketball gods and given the body that all PF strive for. If he is our selection... i hope that is something he and coaching staff will tap into.

#playbig
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu May 19, 2022 2:19 pm

fateis007 wrote:He is not an old school pf. The guy has the handles and passing too run a high screen pick and roll and euro step to the bucket. He isn't some old school bruiser, hes just big as hell.

Exactly. I like his college tape better than Cade Cunninghams, honestly. I'm surprised Paolo isn't higher on most people's boards - though I see he's in the top tier of Hollinger's and The Ringer's.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#14 » by 89Magicfan » Thu May 19, 2022 2:25 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
fateis007 wrote:He is not an old school pf. The guy has the handles and passing too run a high screen pick and roll and euro step to the bucket. He isn't some old school bruiser, hes just big as hell.

Exactly. I like his college tape better than Cade Cunninghams, honestly. I'm surprised Paolo isn't higher on most people's boards - though I see he's in the top tier of Hollinger's and The Ringer's.

As of today I have Holmgren and Banchero in tier 1.

Sharpe being a possibility. Just not enough info atm.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,589

Post#15 » by Skybox » Thu May 19, 2022 3:47 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:

No thanks.

I immediately thought of Webber...old school but born too soon. I'd be ok with PB, especially if it's a trade-down with some added beni's. This would be a matter of FO knowing more than some dipsh**t like me (which I do believe).
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#16 » by RookieStar » Thu May 19, 2022 8:19 pm

LOL
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 pm

The only thing that is stopping me from going all in on PB is that I know he will be a ball-stopper. It's his game. To be effective he needs the ball and decides what to do with it. Whereas I know the modern NBA needs constant ball movement and immediately launch 3s or drives to the rim to win.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#18 » by 3ddman23 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:28 pm

Paolo is most certainly growing on me more. Especially when you watch highlights of the top 3.

He just seems to have more in his offensive repertoire then the other 2. Handle, iso play, spin moves, passing, etc.

I know the defense potential isn't there as much as the other 2 ,and i do question his fit a bit with the magic but he should seriously be considered more. He is poised to be one of those guys that people are looking back and saying why didn't that guy go #1.
GO MAGIC
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#19 » by Skin » Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm

Paolo is a biscuit away from being Zion 2.0. He's more of an old school PF. He doesn't shoot well from 3 and worse, does not defend the post well. Why do you want a big man like that in today's NBA?

I would be severely disappointed if we took him, but I'm not really worried about it to be honest. He's not a WeHam type guy. Let the Kings take another Duke disappointing big man.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,589

Post#20 » by Skybox » Thu May 19, 2022 8:45 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

As of today I have Holmgren and Banchero in tier 1.

Sharpe being a possibility. Just not enough info atm.

I don't make daily declarations...I change my mind hourly :D

Return to Orlando Magic