ImageImageImageImage

I am sold on Banchero for #1 pick.

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Re: I am sold on Panchero for #1 pick. 

Post#21 » by basketballRob » Thu May 19, 2022 9:33 pm

I've read that some question his effort on defense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#22 » by davey_wavy » Sat May 21, 2022 1:30 am

I like this guy too. NBA ready, good size and is Italian. This is important because I love Italian food and his success will spur Italian restaurant growth in Orlando, which means I can ditch Olive Garden
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#23 » by zaymon » Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 am

[quote="basketballRob"]I've read that some question his effort on defense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75835]RealGM mobile app[/url][/quote]

Its hard to question his effort when he went down with cramps multiple times. He was Duke's primary scorer and they made top4 in ncaa tournament. He must have did something right.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#24 » by fateis007 » Sun May 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Wake up guys. This is the pick.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,598

Post#25 » by dc » Sun May 22, 2022 10:13 pm

zaymon wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
MAGICian619 wrote:Banchero reminds me of an old school PF who knows that old school PFs are no longer a thing so he is forcing himself to play more on the wing.

No thanks.

I feel like that doesn't describe Paolo at all. Have you seen his playmaking? Which old school PF had playmaking and court vision like Paolo?

Webber had beautiful step back game ;). Banchero can score at 3 levels thats old school forcing things. Lets draft Smith who is post neo modern 2 level scorer.( really a 1,5 level scorer becouse his midrange game is very limited)

Webber didn't develop a step back jumper until his late 20s.

Mid-20s and younger Webber was strictly an inside player. He rarely shot the ball outside of 5 feet. He really didn't even have much in terms of post moves (though he was always an excellent passer). He was basically a mini-Shaq and just physically/athletically overwhelmed people around the basket.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#26 » by MagicFan101 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:19 am

I don’t give a sh*t what any prospect can or can’t do today.

I care what I believe they have a realistic chance of being able to do over the next 3-5.

IMO, Chet has the most basketball talent among the 3. I really don’t see how that is in anyway debatable. In general, I don’t usually worry about low weight but his frame just worries me for the sake of injuries. We have a bad history of that. Do we want to take that risk against the chance of grabbing the kid with the highest ceiling?

Jabari probably has the second highest ceiling which is why he would be the “safer” but still very valid #1 overall pick. Good skills today while still drafting a guy you can develop into something much more.

Paolo to me is the super safe punt pick. He’s the guy with the least amount of room to grow but also the least amount of concerns. Someone is going to get a great NBA player in him but you are really going ultra conservative with that pick which is not what you do at #1.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#27 » by MagicFan101 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:21 am

Ultimately, I’m starting to lean towards Chet.

**** it. If you’re going to miss you might as well swing for the moon!

We better be totally revamping our entire training, nutrition, medication and anything related staff.

Thoughts and prayers …
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#28 » by Magic4champ » Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 am

For me Banchero is the complete player we need. A 3 level scorer, a bigger version of Doncic and Brunson combined. He can create separation thru his immense offensive repertoire. He has great handles for his size. He will make the opposing defense honest if our starters from Fultz, Suggs, Wagner and WCJ starts with him. All can initiate the offense and all can run with great handles bringing down the ball.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#29 » by Hogified05 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:21 am

We better not touch Paulo with the 1st pick. Even if that's our guy you trade with Houston. It seems pretty evident that Paulo is going go 3rd. Trade back to 3, more then likely he will be there and we will get even more. If he isn't we still get a helluva player to get excited about in Jabari or Chet. If Paulo is the pick he is the pick, but I'd be mad if we took him 1.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#30 » by RookieStar » Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 am

Hogified05 wrote:We better not touch Paulo with the 1st pick. Even if that's our guy you trade with Houston. It seems pretty evident that Paulo is going go 3rd. Trade back to 3, more then likely he will be there and we will get even more. If he isn't we still get a helluva player to get excited about in Jabari or Chet. If Paulo is the pick he is the pick, but I'd be mad if we took him 1.

Why?

What if, after extended due diligence, our FO finds out PB is deserving of the #1 pick over JS and Chet?

Remember, all info we have right now is their college game tapes.

What if during the workouts we noticed that Jabari doesn't have the feel offensive ability to do anything except a jump shot and during interview he is dumbs as rocks? What if we find out Chet really doesn't have a shooting stroke and after talking to him is as delusional as Beverly? What if we find out that that after losing 20lbs, PB isn't Randle after all but Tatum and has a natural shooting motion like Steph?

Just saying it's too early to invest so much on one pick where we haven't even begun to dissect them yet.
fateis007
Rookie

Post#31 » by fateis007 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 am

Hogified05 wrote:We better not touch Paulo with the 1st pick. Even if that's our guy you trade with Houston. It seems pretty evident that Paulo is going go 3rd. Trade back to 3, more then likely he will be there and we will get even more. If he isn't we still get a helluva player to get excited about in Jabari or Chet. If Paulo is the pick he is the pick, but I'd be mad if we took him 1.

Everyone thinks they know the draft order, but no one knows behind closed scenes. EVERYONE thought Trae was going to fall to us, instead we got screwed. Everyone thought Suggs was a shoe in for a top 3. Stop listening to these scouting reports like they are gold. Banchero imo could easily go #1. People act like Randle dropping 24/10/6 is nada, and calling him similiar. If a safe pick can put up numbers like that, im taking it over a project.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,509

Post#32 » by jezzerinho » Mon May 23, 2022 12:49 pm

I'm not convinced Banchero would ever stay in Orlando past his rookie deal. Strikes me as a kid who will want out of a small market team asap.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,078

Post#33 » by bigdogdylan5 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:06 pm

jezzerinho wrote:I'm not convinced Banchero would ever stay in Orlando past his rookie deal. Strikes me as a kid who will want out of a small market team asap.

A question they should literally ask him to his face but and he will lie but just have to trust is body language that is definitely a concern
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#34 » by tiderulz » Mon May 23, 2022 1:07 pm

jezzerinho wrote:I'm not convinced Banchero would ever stay in Orlando past his rookie deal. Strikes me as a kid who will want out of a small market team asap.

well, Orlando would have 7 years to convince him and build a winning team, if he is "that guy".
fateis007
Rookie

Post#35 » by fateis007 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:03 pm

Honestly who cares. That is what is so great about the draft. We essentially have him locked for 7 years, and it's typically not in a players best interest to make a "scene" about going somewhere else. Dwight did it and his career went to ****.
jezzerinho
Starter

Post#36 » by jezzerinho » Mon May 23, 2022 2:23 pm

fateis007 wrote:

Honestly who cares. That is what is so great about the draft. We essentially have him locked for 7 years, and it's typically not in a players best interest to make a "scene" about going somewhere else. Dwight did it and his career went to ****.

A players prime is - on average - considered to be at 27-28. Nobody wants to lose a star player in his prime.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#37 » by jayrehme » Mon May 23, 2022 2:43 pm

jezzerinho wrote:
fateis007 wrote:

A players prime is - on average - considered to be at 27-28. Nobody wants to lose a star player in his prime.

So we don't want Banchero because he's too good for Orlando? If he becomes a star and this is even an issue, than it was a successful draft pick.
fateis007
Rookie

Post#38 » by fateis007 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:10 pm

Picking someone because they might want to go to another team in 7-8 years, is just a silly arguement.

Like now were taking it to a new level. Lets just keep it about skill set, instead of playing clairvoyant. Is cleveland going to pass up on the #1 pick because they are a small market? Is Memphis going to pass up on Ja because he spends his summers in LA and loved Kobe?
jezzerinho
Starter

Post#39 » by jezzerinho » Mon May 23, 2022 3:26 pm

jayrehme wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:
fateis007 wrote:

So we don't want Banchero because he's too good for Orlando? If he becomes a star and this is even an issue, than it was a successful draft pick.

That's what I said, is it? :roll:
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#40 » by IllMagic04 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:51 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:I don’t give a sh*t what any prospect can or can’t do today.

I care what I believe they have a realistic chance of being able to do over the next 3-5.

IMO, Chet has the most basketball talent among the 3. I really don’t see how that is in anyway debatable
. In general, I don’t usually worry about low weight but his frame just worries me for the sake of injuries. We have a bad history of that. Do we want to take that risk against the chance of grabbing the kid with the highest ceiling?

Jabari probably has the second highest ceiling which is why he would be the “safer” but still very valid #1 overall pick. Good skills today while still drafting a guy you can develop into something much more.

Paolo to me is the super safe punt pick. He’s the guy with the least amount of room to grow but also the least amount of concerns. Someone is going to get a great NBA player in him but you are really going ultra conservative with that pick which is not what you do at #1.

Its extremely debatable. How can Banchero have the least amount to grow when he's younger then Chet? Just cause he's probably further along then Chet doesn't mean he still doesn't have tons of room to grow.

Return to Orlando Magic