ImageImageImageImage

WT: Magic likely to move on from Bamba

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

WT: Magic likely to move on from Bamba 

Post#1 » by Bensational » Fri May 20, 2022 4:56 pm

Per the wiretap.

Rumours starting that the Magic will move on from Bamba. I wonder where he will end up?

I can see him taking a deal with Brooklyn or NYK to get him back to NYC. I could also see him joining a team like GSW. There’s bound to be a decent team out there who thinks they can extract more value from him.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Re: WT: Magic likely to move on from Bamba 

Post#2 » by MagicMatic » Fri May 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Bensational wrote:Per the wiretap.

Rumours starting that the Magic will move on from Bamba. I wonder where he will end up?

I can see him taking a deal with Brooklyn or NYK to get him back to NYC. I could also see him joining a team like GSW. There’s bound to be a decent team out there who thinks they can extract more value from him.

SnT with NY or Brooklyn. Hopefully they can get SOMETHING for him.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#3 » by Max Power » Fri May 20, 2022 5:02 pm

I’m not surprised. While Mo played a lot better this year, he’s never really shown enough to get a second contract with the Magic. Vucevic blowing up into an All Star, and Wendell Carters much improved play sealed his fate. I’m guessing someone will sign him and will be getting a significant better player than we had.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Fri May 20, 2022 5:08 pm

i would expect a QO so they can force a S&T. bad asset management if not
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#5 » by Creativetran » Fri May 20, 2022 5:11 pm

If we let him walk for nothing then its stupid, dude is finally showing something this year and we don't get ANYTHING for him... nah.. gotta be a S&T atleast
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#6 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri May 20, 2022 5:12 pm

Bensational wrote:Per the wiretap.

CHAR could really use a big upgrade.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#7 » by MagicTownBaller » Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 pm

I was sent a picture where Bamba was in a chat and mentioned going home to the Knicks
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Bensational » Fri May 20, 2022 5:19 pm

I’m not going to be surprised if Mo starts to figure his game out with another team. His stats for this season compared to Vuc at 23 are very comparable, and superior in many ways. Vuc continued to grow and add a 3pt shot to his game, but Mo already has that and shot blocking/rim protection. Mo just has to grow into awareness and IQ.

There’s still time and room for him to grow, but I don’t think it’ll be happening here. A team like the Warriors are showing they can develop young guys in a winning context and that would be good for him.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#9 » by tiderulz » Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Bensational wrote:I’m not going to be surprised if Mo starts to figure his game out with another team. His stats for this season compared to Vuc at 23 are very comparable, and superior in many ways. Vuc continued to grow and add a 3pt shot to his game, but Mo already has that and shot blocking/rim protection. Mo just has to grow into awareness and IQ.

There’s still time and room for him to grow, but I don’t think it’ll be happening here. A team like the Warriors are showing they can develop young guys in a winning context and that would be good for him.

are they? Wiseman hasnt looked good and Moody cant get on the court.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#10 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri May 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Bensational wrote:I’m not going to be surprised if Mo starts to figure his game out with another team. His stats for this season compared to Vuc at 23 are very comparable, and superior in many ways. Vuc continued to grow and add a 3pt shot to his game, but Mo already has that and shot blocking/rim protection. Mo just has to grow into awareness and IQ.

I agree with your point he may blossom somewhere else.
GS on the other had has failed pretty badly at developing Centers.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Bensational » Fri May 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Wiseman is just a terrible fit for them. I have no idea why they picked him and not LaMelo. Moody and Kuminga both got chances on the court this season, and Kuminga has developed and become much more impressive than he looked in the G League, so I think they’re doing something right there.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#12 » by j-ragg » Fri May 20, 2022 5:44 pm

Don’t see him going to Brooklyn, GSW, Milwaukee via SnT since their payrolls are so loaded and probably don’t want to be hard capped.

Also because they’ve probably seen him play. Someone will take a shot on him, I’m curious what type of contract it’ll be.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#13 » by FFBlitzace » Fri May 20, 2022 5:45 pm

This looks like it's just an opinion/observational piece rather than actual news. Not that I feel like the Magic are chomping (is it "champing"?) at the bit to give him a big contract, but this article doesn't report anything we haven't already known for a while.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#14 » by Skin » Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 pm

It's unlikely that we'll get anything significant for him. He'll never live up to fans expectations here, but he's still in the process of becoming the player that he will be. He's not a finished product. He was never afraid to shoot a 3. I'll give him that.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#15 » by Xatticus » Fri May 20, 2022 6:30 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:This looks like it's just an opinion/observational piece rather than actual news. Not that I feel like the Magic are chomping (is it "champing"?) at the bit to give him a big contract, but this article doesn't report anything we haven't already known for a while.

Yeah. It sounds like speculation by someone that is trying to get ahead of the story.

I was hoping it was legit, but that's because I want Chet.

I'd have a conversation with Bamba and ask him if he wants to be here and work from there. If he is willing to work out something agreeable, then I'd find a roster spot for him. I do think that working with Mosley is what is best for his career, but I can understand if he wants out or if he wants to chase some money.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#16 » by cedric76 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:17 pm

i dont get this, you draft a guy knowing that he ll take at least 5 years to develop then trade him at the end of his rookie contract?

This doesn't make sense, you match his contract and move him later on

Unless you can do a sign and trade for a good SG
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#17 » by Skybox » Fri May 20, 2022 7:20 pm

If there's some interest, as sign and trade is very likely, IMO, and we could make it even juicier by taking back extra questionable salary-if needed. I think Bamba will be in the league for a while and possibly contribute significantly if given the limited role he's suited for. He can really shoot it - on a good veteran team with lots of open 3's, he could be a weapon-even if only in a backup role. He's likely to improve his defensive & rebounding instincts and BBIQ at least somewhat and his size and skills are already pretty noteworthy.
Names that were thrown out
...GSW I'd love Moody, not sure where the matching salary comes from
...DAL might like him and Luka could make him look even better. Perhaps he's part of a Brunson SnT (if that's discussed) or their late 1st
...Don't know that BOS would have interest, but they have Evan's TPE and I'm still intrigued by Nesmith...We'd get more cap and a lesser prospect. I know we could gain cap just by renouncing Bamba but a cheap young wildcard or pick might be better.
...NOLA is said to maybe trade out of #8. Their team is suddenly a win-now contender with Zion's return...Mo could add an element to their depth on both ends, again playing important minutes off the bench. He could even replace JV at some point. How about Bamba and a future frp for Jaxson Hayes (filler & backup),Trey Murphy, #8...or, just leave the picks out - I like Murphy but salary match needed.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#18 » by thelead » Fri May 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Unless a team offers him ridiculous money, he'll be back. This is the same FO that held onto Hennigan's guys for years trying to maximize value.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#19 » by Furinkazan » Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 pm

rumor based on what?
us taking Chet is a lock?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,689

Post#20 » by basketballRob » Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 pm

I think we should get a one-first and one-second pick for him. That's what the Jazz got for Kanter after they got Gobert. They also got Kendrick Perkins who was on his last leg.

Return to Orlando Magic