ImageImageImageImage

BOL BOL or BAMBA WHO DO WE KEEP?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Re: BOL BOL or BAMBA WHO DO WE KEEP? 

Post#21 » by anothermagicfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:00 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:Bol bol was drafted by Miami and then traded yo Denver where he spent 3 seasons some of that time in the g league. He then was traded to Boston and then to Orlando. 4 franchises in 3 seasons have had a look at him. In those 3 seasons he's played 53 games at 6.2 mpg. That doesn't even add up to 7 full nba games.

With that said we keep both. Bol bol will be playing for Lakeland where we can get a good look at him and have a guy available to help us tank and develop if need be next season. And bamba stays on the Magic regardless of who we draft because we're still not in a position to sign or trade for anyone better because we're still the second worst team in the league until we prove otherwise

he was never traded to Boston. Miami traded his draft rights to Denver immediately, so only 2 franchises have looked at him closely.

He went to boston last offseason/season if i remember correctly. and then we acquired by us. both teams he has not played for. lol... therefore no stats.

Yes you guys are right but you missed my point. 2 of the 4 franchises that had his rights didn't even care to look at him or develop him. They had no use for him and the 1 team that did had him for 3 seasons and he played a total of like 330 nba minutes. Hence Bol Bol and Bamba are in different leagues. Bol Bol is a g league player compared to Bamba.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#22 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:14 pm

anothermagicfan wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:he was never traded to Boston. Miami traded his draft rights to Denver immediately, so only 2 franchises have looked at him closely.

He went to boston last offseason/season if i remember correctly. and then we acquired by us. both teams he has not played for. lol... therefore no stats.

Yes you guys are right but you missed my point. 2 of the 4 franchises that had his rights didn't even care to look at him or develop him. They had no use for him and the 1 team that did had him for 3 seasons and he played a total of like 330 nba minutes. Hence Bol Bol and Bamba are in different leagues. Bol Bol is a g league player compared to Bamba.

well he was hurt. Orlando had the rights to Chauncey Billups too and didnt care to look at him, develop him.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#23 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:05 pm

Neither. No one needs players with their measurements these days.
anothermagicfan
Junior

Post#24 » by anothermagicfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 10:46 pm

tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:He went to boston last offseason/season if i remember correctly. and then we acquired by us. both teams he has not played for. lol... therefore no stats.

well he was hurt. Orlando had the rights to Chauncey Billups too and didnt care to look at him, develop him.

Rookie Chauncey Billups played in 80 games starting 70 of them logging 27.7 mpg and scored 11.2 ppg.

I'm not really sure what pointing out a mistake by the Magic front office 22 years ago has to do with Bol Bol or Bamba.
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#25 » by didak » Fri Jun 3, 2022 11:17 pm

So let me get this right. On reading most of these comments no one here rates Bamba & want him gone?

The guy is just starting to come of age, he's been building his game and body for us for 4 seasons now and we want to get rid of him? Yet we're happy to give Bol Bol the nod over him (Another project player) whilst Mo goes on and gives another franchise a decent NBA centre for years to come..

I thought he was one of our shining lights last season. Depending on the $ been thrown around for his contract I'd be shattered if he left. This team is building a great culture, you can see it from off the court. The core players are here to win, they want to be here. As a long time Magic fan I honestly haven't seen this much chemistry in the roster since our last finals run. I hope we resign him he's only going to get better. Big season for Mo coming up and i hope its in our jersey.

Having said that I feel we're gunning for Jabari Smith so trying to fit minutes into Smith, WCJ, JI & Mo will be an issue.
R I P - Kobe Bryant
anothermagicfan
Junior

Post#26 » by anothermagicfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 11:31 pm

didak wrote:So let me get this right. On reading most of these comments no one here rates Bamba & want him gone?

The guy is just starting to come of age, he's been building his game and body for us for 4 seasons now and we want to get rid of him? Yet we're happy to give Bol Bol the nod over him (Another project player) whilst Mo goes on and gives another franchise a decent NBA centre for years to come..

I thought he was one of our shining lights last season. Depending on the $ been thrown around for his contract I'd be shattered if he left. This team is building a great culture, you can see it from off the court. The core players are here to win, they want to be here. As a long time Magic fan I honestly haven't seen this much chemistry in the roster since our last finals run. I hope we resign him he's only going to get better. Big season for Mo coming up and i hope its in our jersey.

Having said that I feel we're gunning for Jabari Smith so trying to fit minutes into Smith, WCJ, JI & Mo will be an issue.

I definitely want to keep Bamba and I don't see an issue with minutes.
Jabari and Isaac are the pf and WCJ and Bamba are the centers. Jabari/Isaac can split 48 minutes and WCJ/Bamba can split 48 minutes. Mo Wagner is there to fill in for injuries and Bol Bol can go to Lakeland and work to prove himself.

We have an interesting dynamic here. Opposite of the traditional big posting up kicking out to floor spreaders, we have 2 guards (fultz & suggs) that are not good shooters but can get in the paint and collapse the defense and kick out to floor spreaders. WCJ/Bamba shooting 3s is especially important for us. Same goes for Jabari. And there has been indication that Isaac has focused much of his rehabilitation time into shooting 3s. Add in franz and a couple of shooting guards and we have a pretty balanced team in the making.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 4, 2022 1:27 am

anothermagicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:

Rookie Chauncey Billups played in 80 games starting 70 of them logging 27.7 mpg and scored 11.2 ppg.

I'm not really sure what pointing out a mistake by the Magic front office 22 years ago has to do with Bol Bol or Bamba.

just saying, sometimes a team has rights to a player and dont know what they have.
anothermagicfan
Junior

Post#28 » by anothermagicfan » Sat Jun 4, 2022 2:01 am

tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:well he was hurt. Orlando had the rights to Chauncey Billups too and didnt care to look at him, develop him.

just saying, sometimes a team has rights to a player and dont know what they have.

I hear ya but after 3 years if Bol Bol was going to be even a role player he should have played more than 330 minutes. He's got the "you can't teach hieght" thing going for him and not much more
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#29 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jun 4, 2022 3:59 am

Bol Bol has been a colossal disappointment according to people within the Nuggets organization. He will be out of the league much faster than Bamba. I give him maybe one more year before he plays in Europe or China. He is truly that bad.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#30 » by A BETTER DJ » Tue Jun 7, 2022 1:07 am

We have to keep Bamba. Based on track record JI will play 20-30 games before being out for rest of the the season or 2 seasons.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#31 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2022 6:42 am

A BETTER DJ wrote:We have to keep Bamba. Based on track record JI will play 20-30 games before being out for rest of the the season or 2 seasons.

From a asset managment perspective, Bamba does need to be resigned. That might be part of a SnT, but he will not move as a UFA. It is simply foolish when he has value.

Bol is basically in the same boat as Cannady. Prove you deserve a roster slot.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#32 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:43 am

drsd wrote:
A BETTER DJ wrote:We have to keep Bamba. Based on track record JI will play 20-30 games before being out for rest of the the season or 2 seasons.

From a asset managment perspective, Bamba does need to be resigned. That might be part of a SnT, but he will not move as a UFA. It is simply foolish when he has value.

Bol is basically in the same boat as Cannady. Prove you deserve a roster slot.

He is free agent, if there is some fool GM ready to Miles-Plumlee/Biyombo him, he will leave.
Sign and trade only works if other team thinks there is reason for it.
Asset menagment starts on draft night, don't draft big if you don't need one especially in lottery, after every scout questions his motor.
Should have traded him 2 years ago when he was mistery box, not turd box he is now.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#33 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2022 8:52 am

pepe1991 wrote:He is free agent, if there is some fool GM ready to Miles-Plumlee/Biyombo him, he will leave.
Sign and trade only works if other team thinks there is reason for it.
Asset menagment starts on draft night, don't draft big if you don't need one especially in lottery, after every scout questions his motor.
Should have traded him 2 years ago when he was mistery box, not turd box he is now.

Mr. Bamba is going into restricted free agency. Orlando has control here. My point was more on Bol. Mr. Bol needs to prove a lot to even get a coveted 14th seat on the bench. Right now I think it is more likely one of the two SRPs get that slot than Bol.

drsd
RealGM

Post#34 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2022 8:55 am

pepe1991 wrote:Sign and trade only works if other team thinks there is reason for it.

Ayton on a mini-max-SnT and the Suns 2023 FRP (top-20 protected) for Bamba-SnT and Isaac. I think that trade helps both teams.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#35 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 7, 2022 12:44 pm

Neither and go get Mitchell Robinson a more defensive minded C who isn't afraid to do the dirty work.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#36 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 1:37 pm

Keep Mo. I still have some faith in his development. I saw enough good under year 1 Mosely to keep me intrigue to see if he can take another step.
drsd
RealGM

Post#37 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:15 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Neither and go get Mitchell Robinson a more defensive minded C who isn't afraid to do the dirty work.

Or Myles Turner ?

AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 622

Post#38 » by AaronB » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:26 pm

anothermagicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:

I hear ya but after 3 years if Bol Bol was going to be even a role player he should have played more than 330 minutes. He's got the "you can't teach hieght" thing going for him and not much more

Actually, Bol Bol has both the length and the skill to be a star. What he doesn't have is the motivation to be a star. He was probably the most skilled big man in the country coming out of HS and College. He was not drafted anywhere near his ability as teams saw his motivation level as not adequate.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#39 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:56 pm

Wait to see what other teams offer Bamba so Magic don't overpay. Preferably, in the $8 to $10 mil per range is solid for a backup Center.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#40 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 7, 2022 6:44 pm

drsd wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Neither and go get Mitchell Robinson a more defensive minded C who isn't afraid to do the dirty work.

Or Myles Turner ?

Turner still has 1 more year then he's a UFA so would only go that route if he agreed to extension.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic