ImageImageImageImage

Jabari Smith Works Out for Orlando 6/9/22

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Re: Jabari Smith Works Out for Orlando 6/9/22 

Post#61 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:00 am

SOUL wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:One interesting comment from his interview was when they asked Jabari about his impressions of Mosley he said (paraphrasing): ‘Gave me tips to get through the workout, telling me to do different things and not react to stuff. I’m my toughest critic so when I was missing coach told me to not worry about it’

I wonder if the workout didn’t go too well.

Im tending to think its in the extremes. Either the workout went reeeaaaallly well or it ended up bad. It wasn't a normal " through the motions" kind of thing.

I feel like a guy like Mosley is going to try to coach someone up regardless if it went well or not or was just average. All of these guys coming in will have a lot to learn and adjust to in the NBA, so it's cool Mosley is hands-on in that sense and someone like Jabari is already good being coached up even in a workout. The top guys all seem like very hard workers.

True. Man to be a fly in the wall in that workout and see why it took longer than expected...
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#62 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:03 am

RookieStar wrote:
SOUL wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Im tending to think its in the extremes. Either the workout went reeeaaaallly well or it ended up bad. It wasn't a normal " through the motions" kind of thing.

I feel like a guy like Mosley is going to try to coach someone up regardless if it went well or not or was just average. All of these guys coming in will have a lot to learn and adjust to in the NBA, so it's cool Mosley is hands-on in that sense and someone like Jabari is already good being coached up even in a workout. The top guys all seem like very hard workers.

True. Man to be a fly in the wall in that workout and see why it took longer than expected...
It reminds me of the Wendell workout. I remember him saying they pushed him and he was soaked in sweat.

J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#63 » by J_Magic » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:12 am

She shouldn't base on workout anything. Watch game tape. We have been fooled too many times.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#64 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:40 am

Not sure where he got this info.

Read on Twitter
?t=qLHtiLN_zagsxGcm7ZhNRQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#65 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:43 pm

basketballRob wrote:Not sure where he got this info.

Read on Twitter

Brandon Kravitz mentioned a lot of players were present and watched before or after summer workouts.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#66 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:05 pm

Read on Twitter

It looks like he's quoting the OS?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#67 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:00 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Read on Twitter

Brandon Kravitz mentioned a lot of players were present and watched before or after summer workouts.

Isn’t Franz like riding 4 wheelers on vacation somewhere? Lol. I guess that could of been old
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=aOdAhSBQr6_Yo_hlQulFAw&s=19

bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#69 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:05 pm

thelead wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
thelead wrote:Maybe Suggs’ poor season opened a few eyes and is the reason we’re looking at the next Zags prospect more cautiously? The Zags don’t have a lot of good alumni tbh. Stockton, who played at Gonzaga nearly r0 years ago, and Sabonis are really their only great players even though others looked dominant in college.

Just focus on the dang player. Who cares about the school alumni and how good they have been. Would you have not drafted Cade because OK State hasn’t produced decent players? There are legitimate reasons to be nervous of Chet but this is not one of them.

I agree to some extent… it’s not the school, it’s the competition and role. Cade was THE GUY at a major conference school. That said, my bigger concern is Chet’s shooting due to the average FT% and not so great spot up 3’s. I don’t expect him to be handling the rock and gunning 3’s in transition in the NBA. But listen, he’s #2 on my board. I’m not down on him at all as a prospect. I just feel Jabari’s skills will translate better.

All legitimate concerns but being honest all data teams should be able to take the data and adjust it based on levels of competition. They are certainly factoring it in. I am just getting tired of the lazy takes like no one from Gonzaga is good or he is Shawn Bradley. Not saying you are doing that because you hit all the concerns to why I think he is number 2 behind Jabari as well.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#70 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:07 pm

basketballRob wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
thelead wrote:Maybe Suggs’ poor season opened a few eyes and is the reason we’re looking at the next Zags prospect more cautiously? The Zags don’t have a lot of good alumni tbh. Stockton, who played at Gonzaga nearly r0 years ago, and Sabonis are really their only great players even though others looked dominant in college.

Just focus on the dang player. Who cares about the school alumni and how good they have been. Would you have not drafted Cade because OK State hasn’t produced decent players? There are legitimate reasons to be nervous of Chet but this is not one of them.
It is when Chet's play sharply declined when playing better competition.

I completely agree it isn’t the end of the world but should be a factor in the decision.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#71 » by 89Magicfan » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:28 pm

So in potential top 10 we’ve worked out Smith and Murray. Chet is next week. Surprised we haven’t heard of Paolo and others coming in.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#72 » by Magic#1 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:29 pm

I'm still team Chet, but everything about Jabari's attitude and work ethic are very positive.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#73 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Magic#1 wrote:I'm still team Chet, but everything about Jabari's attitude and work ethic are very positive.

Same. Totally team chet.... for so many reasons. those reasons are impressive and he only falls short because of his size. Now... with all that being obvious.... IF orlando selects Smith... that is because there is so much more to him that they believe will come to fruition.... and that will excite me for sure.

Whoever they take... i know they did a deep dive into all of the particulars! let's go magic!

Return to Orlando Magic