ImageImageImageImage

Cole Anthony Starting?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Cole Anthony Starting? 

Post#81 » by Skin » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Both Suggs and Anthony are role players. In order to become a true contender, neither Suggs or Cole are good enough to be starters.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Re: Cole Anthony Starting? 

Post#82 » by Xatticus » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:18 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
You are way off the mark here. RAPTOR utilizes RAPM for the on/off , which does all the things you are claiming it doesn't do. The plus/minus component doesn't carry much weight either. If your measure for a statistical metric is how closely it aligns with your own preconceived ideas, then I don't know what to tell you.

For the record I'm not really a huge fan of either Cole or Suggs, I am more of a Markelle guy.

I just wanted to reply to an argument that uses RAPTOR to say that Suggs is better than Cole and that winshares is flawed because it weights defensive rebounds disproportionately. Suggs is also guilty of stealing rebounds and I was pointing out the flaw in using RAPTOR without any context.

RAPTOR utilizes RAPM for the on/off , which does all the things you are claiming it doesn't do.

Please elaborate, if you would

https://basketballstat.home.blog/2019/08/14/regularized-adjusted-plus-minus-rapm/

Generally speaking, the metrics you find on basketball-reference aren't particularly useful because they rely on box score stats, which are obviously very limited.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic