ImageImageImageImage

Your final 2022 NBA draft big board

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Re: Your final 2022 NBA draft big board 

Post#61 » by anothermagicfan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:40 pm

p0peye wrote:
axl_c_cool wrote:
Skin wrote:Final Magic Board

1. Ben Mathurin
2. Jaden Ivey
3. Jabari Smith
4. Chet Holmgren
5. Ochai Agbaji
6. Shaedon Sharpe
7. Keegan Murray
8. Paolo Banchero

You should save this to revisit in 4+ years, it's really out there!

4+ years from now there is a player drafted in 20-30 range that is All Star and among 3 best players in this draft.

No, I have no clue who that player will be.

I'm 100% on team Jabari.
However drafting for team need after that our biggest hole is shooting guard. The thread about playing magic gm I posted to draft Jabari at 1 and use tross and picks to move into the lottery again and take Mathurin/Sharpe/Griffin. I prefer mathurin, like the gamble of Sharpe but scared of the risk, and love Griffins shooting. I'm sick of rebuilding and I want to start winning.
I wouldn't take any of them over Jabari but who knows how this draft will look 4 years from now
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#62 » by thelead » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:45 pm

Skin wrote:
thelead wrote:
Skin wrote:And the reason why we're not even talking about him is because of the outside pressure to take who the media thinks is best. Now we're flipping and flopping between who to take and trying to convince ourselves that "maybe this will work" or "maybe that will work" or "maybe if we think about it like this..." or "if we just ignore this about him, he's great!". Instead of just taking the guy who we would have dreamed of landing all along if we had the 5th pick.

Meh, I watched him play a ton and I don't love his persona. He gives me Lance Stephenson vibes. He will likely be a solid player for years though.

Lance Stephenson has a coconut for a brain. He was never a 40% 3pt shooter and could never rise like Mathurin. How do you liken them together?

I just saw way too many times where he was chewing out his own teammates while making his own mistakes. 'Seems' like a difficult person to be on a team with. I could be completely misreading it but that is how I read the nuances during games.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#63 » by thelead » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Skin wrote:
thelead wrote:
Skin wrote:And the reason why we're not even talking about him is because of the outside pressure to take who the media thinks is best. Now we're flipping and flopping between who to take and trying to convince ourselves that "maybe this will work" or "maybe that will work" or "maybe if we think about it like this..." or "if we just ignore this about him, he's great!". Instead of just taking the guy who we would have dreamed of landing all along if we had the 5th pick.

Meh, I watched him play a ton and I don't love his persona. He gives me Lance Stephenson vibes. He will likely be a solid player for years though.

Lance Stephenson has a coconut for a brain. He was never a 40% 3pt shooter and could never rise like Mathurin. How do you liken them together?

So you were saying Mathurin doesn't have a coconut for a brain? :lol:

The new Indiana Pacers guard, drafted in the No. 6 spot, said he’s looking forward to his first game vs. LeBron James. Why? So the world can see which of them is the better player.

“A lot of people say he’s great,” Mathurin said, via The Washington Post. “I want to see how great he is. I don’t think anybody is better than me. He’s going to have to show me he’s better than me.”

I told you, Mathurin's attitude/approach just rubs me the wrong way.

Source: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-luka-doncic-star-slovenia-beats-italy-trade-free-agency-draft#gid=ci02a4a16fe000279a&pid=mathurin-lebron-
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#64 » by Skin » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:41 pm

thelead wrote:
Skin wrote:
thelead wrote:Meh, I watched him play a ton and I don't love his persona. He gives me Lance Stephenson vibes. He will likely be a solid player for years though.

So you were saying Mathurin doesn't have a coconut for a brain? :lol:

The new Indiana Pacers guard, drafted in the No. 6 spot, said he’s looking forward to his first game vs. LeBron James. Why? So the world can see which of them is the better player.

“A lot of people say he’s great,” Mathurin said, via The Washington Post. “I want to see how great he is. I don’t think anybody is better than me. He’s going to have to show me he’s better than me.”

I told you, Mathurin's attitude/approach just rubs me the wrong way.

Source: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-luka-doncic-star-slovenia-beats-italy-trade-free-agency-draft#gid=ci02a4a16fe000279a&pid=mathurin-lebron-

Kinda sounds like something Gilbert Arenas would say. :lol:

Mathurin is gonna ball out tho.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic