ImageImageImageImage

Is Fred VanFleet still on the agenda?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Do you think Magic should go after FVV in the summer?

Yes, offer him whatever he wants, maybe 30M+
11%
Yes, offer him 20-30M per year even if we have to risk not signing him
28%
No, save the money and go after some other veterans in Free Agency
37%
To fix our Guard rotation, package some of our assets and draft picks to land another Star
24%

Total votes: 90

89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Re: Is Fred VanFleet still on the agenda? 

Post#421 » by 89Magicfan » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:23 pm

Just saw another tweet that mentions Reaves as a guy we’re going to pursue.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#422 » by jezzerinho » Thu Jun 1, 2023 9:55 pm

Either of Fred or Reaves would be interesting, in my view.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#423 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Jun 2, 2023 9:58 am

Paying Fred or Reaves would be a massive mistake. Need to go for a better player than them with the assets and salary cap space we have.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#424 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 10:44 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Paying Fred or Reaves would be a massive mistake. Need to go for a better player than them with the assets and salary cap space we have.

Who are alternatives?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#425 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:21 am

Jaylen Brown, Anunoby, Bane or Simons would be my focus. Or you wait another year for Doncic to demand out.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#426 » by drsd » Fri Jun 2, 2023 12:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Paying Fred or Reaves would be a massive mistake. Need to go for a better player than them with the assets and salary cap space we have.

Who are alternatives?

Mac McClung is a free agent.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,108

Post#427 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 2, 2023 12:31 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Jaylen Brown, Anunoby, Bane or Simons would be my focus. Or you wait another year for Doncic to demand out.

Jaylen Brown? who is due what, $50-60mi a year who has problems on the big stage? i dont think he can be a #1 option. Bane is a RFA for years, Anunoby is a SF that is only a catch and shoot player, he cannot create offense. Simons I can get behind.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,247

Post#428 » by eyriq » Fri Jun 2, 2023 12:36 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Jaylen Brown, Anunoby, Bane or Simons would be my focus. Or you wait another year for Doncic to demand out.
I agree with Simons. Just draft Keyonte though, he's better.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#429 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Jun 2, 2023 1:06 pm

eyriq wrote:

No he’s not. George is super inconsistent.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,247

Post#430 » by eyriq » Fri Jun 2, 2023 1:08 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:
eyriq wrote:

I've loved every minute of Keyonte tape. My favorite college player in years. His skillset is top of class for his archetype.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#431 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Jun 2, 2023 1:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Jaylen Brown? who is due what, $50-60mi a year who has problems on the big stage? i dont think he can be a #1 option. Bane is a RFA for years, Anunoby is a SF that is only a catch and shoot player, he cannot create offense. Simons I can get behind.

That’s the number with Boston, if he’s traded, he’s looking at less.
Brown doesn’t have problems on the big stage. It was one series in an awesome career so far.
Also, Mazzulla put them in bad positions. Brown has had that hand injury all postseason.
On the Magic, he wouldn’t have to dribble as much as he does on Boston with Paolo, Franz and Fultz.
There are few better options at SG than Brown. Just depends on if he’d want to be here (with our ownership, likely not).
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#432 » by jonbob17 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:16 pm

eyriq wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:
eyriq wrote:I agree with Simons. Just draft Keyonte though, he's better.

I've loved every minute of Keyonte tape. My favorite college player in years. His skillset is top of class for his archetype.

Do you enjoy watching misses? just kidding, mostly. George is a good creator. Reminds me of Cole in college.

Interesting stat on Keyonte. He only had 3 dunks on the season.. Feel like the first couple years Cole couldn't finish around the rim, everything was out of control.

I wish Keyonte would have measured at the combine. A bigger, longer Cole would be interesting. What is Cole both 6'3 in height and wing span. If George was a legit 6'4 with a +4 wing span that sounds like something. I suppose it is easier to teach a chucker how to take a good shot than how to teach a bad shooter how to shoot any shot.

Players like Cole and Keyonte have their place in this league, and I am even starting to talk myself into beleiving that Cole turned the corner last year. At the same time there are better players on the board at 11...not to say Keyonte couldn't end up out playing his draft spot (or Cole for that matter)
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#433 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:32 pm

I just don't get what George can potentially do in nba that Cole doesn't already provide? Outside fact one didn't require burning lottery pick on and already exists on roster
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#434 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:38 pm

Keyonte has around 30 lbs on Cole and is SG sized. He's able to create more shots from 3 than Cole can. Keyonte is a better shooter. He shot 46% on unguarded 3's in college and was a 90% FT shooter in HS.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#435 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:57 am

Fred wouldn't be so bad if he could hit a higher percentage of his shots while taking 16 shots per game. I reckon it could come down to chemistry and buying into a coaching system.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#436 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 7:12 am

basketballRob wrote:Keyonte has around 30 lbs on Cole and is SG sized. He's able to create more shots from 3 than Cole can. Keyonte is a better shooter. He shot 46% on unguarded 3's in college and was a 90% FT shooter in HS.

lol what?

So Keyonte skipped combine because he didn't want scouts to know his weight and height

Going by college measurments 6'4- 185 pounds
same measurments had Cole at 6'3- 190 pounds :lol:

I simply don't understand fascionation with player that can't even create nor make any shots at college, but playing against faster ,bigger, taller players in nba will somehow help his cause?

How many unguarded 3s he made? Since he shot 33% for 3 for a season? Is your sample 6 out of 13? 5 out of 11? 4 out of 9?

As far as highschool goes, Cole averaged what? 27 points triple double there? :lol: Was such a big deal that ESPN even had "decision" for his college on live tv.

I don't understand fascionation with player who's apsolute best case scenario is Jordan Clarkson or Terry Rozier without defense. Those guys are valuable because they were non lottery picks.
Bust potential is too high for reward that isn't all that rewarding.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#437 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:13 am

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Keyonte has around 30 lbs on Cole and is SG sized. He's able to create more shots from 3 than Cole can. Keyonte is a better shooter. He shot 46% on unguarded 3's in college and was a 90% FT shooter in HS.

lol what?

So Keyonte skipped combine because he didn't want scouts to know his weight and height

same measurments had Cole at 6'3- 190 pounds

I simply don't understand fascionation with player that can't even create nor make any shots at college, but playing against faster ,bigger, taller players in nba will somehow help his cause?

How many unguarded 3s he made? Since he shot 33% for 3 for a season? Is your sample 6 out of 13? 5 out of 11? 4 out of 9?

As far as highschool goes, Cole averaged what? 27 points triple double there? Was such a big deal that ESPN even had "decision" for his college on live tv.

I don't understand fascionation with player who's apsolute best case scenario is Jordan Clarkson or Terry Rozier without defense. Those guys are valuable because they were non lottery picks.
In the first 10 seconds of the video, it says that Keyonte was 225 lbs when he got to Baylor. You can just look at him and see he is bigger than Cole. You can also see that Keyonte has more creativity from the perimeter. Eventually, he'll start hitting those at a higher rate.

Keyonte shot 50/90/42 at IMG.
Cole shot 48/36/86 at Oak Hill.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,108

Post#438 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:19 am

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

lol what?

As far as highschool goes, Cole averaged what? 27 points triple double there? Was such a big deal that ESPN even had "decision" for his college on live tv.

In the first 10 seconds of the video, it says that Keyonte was 225 lbs when he got to Baylor. You can just look at him and see he is bigger than Cole.

Rivals/IMG/24/7 had George at 185-190 lbs his senior year. so that would be scary that he gained 35 pounds before he stepped onto campus at Baylor if he was really 225 when he got there (which i seriously doubt). and then get exactly back to the weight he was before.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#439 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
lol what?

In the first 10 seconds of the video, it says that Keyonte was 225 lbs when he got to Baylor. You can just look at him and see he is bigger than Cole.

Rivals/IMG/24/7 had George at 185-190 lbs his senior year. so that would be scary that he gained 35 pounds before he stepped onto campus at Baylor if he was really 225 when he got there (which i seriously doubt). and then get exactly back to the weight he was before.

Guy is my size ( 6'3 at most without shoes)

and you can see by just looking at him that he ain't 225 pounds because he would be flat out fat on that frame at that age.

He also has very short wingspan / short hands , and that gives optic illusion of more musclular frame that he actually has.

For reference point, Desmond Bane is sub 225 pounds and built like tank and even at college he was sub 225 pounds

89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#440 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:53 pm

Yeah Keyonte isn’t 225.

I’d like him if we didn’t have Cole at 11.

Return to Orlando Magic