ImageImageImageImage

Vuc coming home

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Re: Vuc coming home 

Post#141 » by thelead » Wed May 31, 2023 4:56 pm

Audi wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Will be an interesting offseason for the Bulls. Do they keep the mediocre team together? As much fun as play-in games are, if I was a fan I’d be pissed if they just ran it back.

Tough situation. I think Bulls fans will be pissed either way. Extending Vuc is running back that mediocre team but not extending him would be admitting they were absolutely fleeced by Weham in one of the worst trades in recent memory.

And if they break it apart, next year's draft appears to be abysmal.

I bet they tweak the roster but look to win.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,789

Post#142 » by RookieStar » Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm

tsk tsk

shame on Vuc. Using us as leverage to get that dough from the Bulls.... LOL
MagicLover
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#143 » by MagicLover » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:07 am

Nikola is never coming home, move on from him
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 650

Post#144 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:29 pm

RookieStar wrote:tsk tsk

Something something called an ex for a reason something something....
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#145 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:32 pm

MagicLover wrote:Nikola is never coming home, move on from him

JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#146 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:33 pm

I like Vuc. Go get your money dude. Have your kids kids kids setup with an OK lifestyle.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#147 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 1, 2023 9:33 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:tsk tsk

Something something called an ex for a reason something something....

Soooo... booty call from us?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#148 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 1, 2023 10:57 pm

I think Vuc needs closure.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 460

Post#149 » by uraverage » Sat Jun 3, 2023 3:43 am

I wouldn't mind vuc back as long as he took the Rock's words to heart. "Know your role and shut your candy mouth....."
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#150 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:36 am

basketballRob wrote:I think Vuc needs closure.

No, you need one with your unhealthy obsession with him and evan
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#151 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:54 am

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think Vuc needs closure.

No, you need one with your unhealthy obsession with him and evan
I'm ready to move on. My point that they weren't good team players has already been proven over and over again. I wish Fournier and Vuc would go to Denver and suck the life out of that team now, so we can get another lottery pick in 2025.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#152 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:56 pm

You know what...I was immediately dismissive, but this might deserve a look.

-WCJ isn't really a Center, IMO. He's a bit undersized, but more than adequate "small ball Center". Really, he's a PF playing C. (He himself stated that in CHI). WCJ is extremely versatile but somewhat lacking in rim protection, rebounding, and post scoring. His 3pt shooting is getting praise, but it's definitely a relatively hopeful work-in-progress. He's an excellent, versatile big and we should take more advantage of that-by shuffling him around, depending on matchups. I really like the idea of him playing starter's minutes, but coming off the bench at 4 AND 5.
-Paolo and Franz (THE foundation of our team) thrive primarily in the half-court, but neither is really a back-to-the-basket post threat. Both are good passers, decent ball handlers, and exceptional going to the rim. Both look like more than adequate 3pt shooters, when defenders fail to close out on them.
-Vuc is a modest, crafty veteran, who I believe, would accept a lesser role with a young team with a superior young star in Paolo (and, hopefully, some sort of Alpha scoring guard coming in this summer). Vuc is an exceptional defensive rebounder, an exceptional 3pt shooter as the trailing big at the top of the key, and has been an exceptional, fundamentally sound post scorer (if not doubled). I wish he was a shot-blocking rim-protector, but...oh well. Vuc has always played an old-man game, so his contributions should age well - especially in a more limited role. He would provide the floor spreading and defensive rebounding we need and would be a threat to destroy smaller players in post isolations when matchups present that opportunity.

This is not a negative post about WCJ...like I said, he'd play just as many minutes and, perhaps, thrive with better matchups and looks. ORL would be a big, deep, physical team that could punish finesse teams when the playoffs slow things down. Run and gun stuff is fun in the regular season, but, for decades, we've seen those teams stall if they lack the ability to grind it inside or overcome a slower pace. Bombing 3's is one way to attack that but we'd have that available too. There could even be occasional DNPs for Vuc if the matchups aren't favorable. The next night he might destroy a small MIA team that can't control his old-school post game.

If he could be had for Fultz or Isaac money ($17m for 2 or 3 years?), it'd be a big win, IMO. Would I pay two Centers $30m? No-the point is that WCJ could roam like Draymond (to some degree). If we could trade Isaac (or Fultz) for Vuc, it'd be even better as we'd still have all that cap space to strengthen our backcourt.

*and, it would cement the CHI deal as the ultimate beat-down :lol:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#153 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:31 pm

0 chance this FO gives him a 4 year deal with a big pay scale which is what Vuc should look for.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
SloNick Russia
Analyst
And1: 347

Post#154 » by SloNick Russia » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:30 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:0 chance this FO gives him a 4 year deal with a big pay scale which is what Vuc should look for.
I don't see any problem in offering him a frontloaded 3-4 year deal with all our major guns still been on rookey contracts. If we don`t draft a big I would consider this option

Sent from my SM-G9750 using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#155 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:09 pm

SloNick Russia wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:0 chance this FO gives him a 4 year deal with a big pay scale which is what Vuc should look for.
I don't see any problem in offering him a frontloaded 3-4 year deal with all our major guns still been on rookey contracts. If we don`t draft a big I would consider this option

Sent from my SM-G9750 using RealGM mobile app
How much are backups getting right now, like $8m per year?

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#156 » by Ducklett » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:41 pm

You guys are really going to tell me that you wouldn't pay Vuc 8mil/year? Cause that is what people are reporting he is getting offered.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#157 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:07 pm

Ducklett wrote:You guys are really going to tell me that you wouldn't pay Vuc 8mil/year? Cause that is what people are reporting he is getting offered.

That's backup money. Bring him home WeHam!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#158 » by SOUL » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:10 pm

I think Vuc is a fine player I just .. I don't know. I feel like knowing us, WCJ would get hurt, Vuc would start to get a lot of touches again and we'd go back being the Vuc show or something and it'd be like war flashbacks.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 369

Post#159 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:04 am

RookieStar wrote:
Ducklett wrote:You guys are really going to tell me that you wouldn't pay Vuc 8mil/year? Cause that is what people are reporting he is getting offered.

That's backup money. Bring him home WeHam!!!

And 1, Getting his floor spacing and veteran presence on the floor would help Paolo, Franz abd Fultz/Black/Ausar.
I don't expect our offense to get any better under this limp dick management.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#160 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:06 am

SOUL wrote:I think Vuc is a fine player I just .. I don't know. I feel like knowing us, WCJ would get hurt, Vuc would start to get a lot of touches again and we'd go back being the Vuc show or something and it'd be like war flashbacks.

Coach Mos knows whats up. He probably would camp Vuc in the 3pt line and give instructions to always give the ball to Paolo.

Return to Orlando Magic