ImageImageImageImage

OT: Gators Choke

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#61 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:49 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:When your up you dish it out and when your down you take it. its the way it goes.

Couldn't agree more. And FSU is clearly down, and yet here you are, dishing it out. Why don't you practice what you preach?

All arguments and whatever aside, I love trash talking. I think it's what makes rivalries great. I wouldn't want to live in a world where there was no trash talking in sports. How boring would the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry be if opposing fans weren't getting arrested for throwing punches at each other in the stands? Florida and Florida State are two of the most successful schools of the last two decades, and I personally think that it's the best in-state rivalry in all of sports. And this thread represents one of the reasons why. So Gator fans are going to talk trash about the Seminoles, Seminole fans are going to talk trash about the Gators, and most of the time the trash being talked won't even make sense.

So even if it the's the trash talking that's being trash talked about it, that's still trash talking about...talking...trash...I need a drink.
Paul1984
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#62 » by Paul1984 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:18 am

I dont like that its an ignorant rivalry but I guess thats the way its always gonna be.
Fan from day 1
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Fan from day 1 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:40 pm

Orangeandblue1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

very true. people hate the best, it's jealousy. that's why most hate the new england patriots.

explain how UF is the best
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#64 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:04 pm

That was fun...ruffling of the UF feathers.

Have a great summer. Hopefully next year the Noles will put up a better fight for you. But, just so you know, the trash talking will ALWAYS be there, so some of you may need to grow thicker skin.

It's all in good fun though.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:31 pm

Paul1984 wrote:I dont like that its an ignorant rivalry but I guess thats the way its always gonna be.

...ignorant rivalry?
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:35 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:That was fun...ruffling of the UF feathers.

Have a great summer. Hopefully next year the Noles will put up a better fight for you. But, just so you know, the trash talking will ALWAYS be there, so some of you may need to grow thicker skin.

It's all in good fun though.

Of course. And when FSU is up and UF is down, we will seek out the same ruffling. :wink:
Orangeandblue1
Starter

Post#67 » by Orangeandblue1 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:50 pm

Fan from day 1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

explain how UF is the best

oh well, let's see here. we are the current NCAA football champions. we are the current NCAA basketball champions, two years in a row. our QB just won the heisman trophy. our recruiting class is in the top five once again. so yea, a lot of hatred and jealousy is aimed at us, especially from the FSU fans, who wish their program is where ours is.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:00 pm

oh well, let's see here. we are the current NCAA football champions. we are the current NCAA basketball champions, two years in a row. our QB just won the heisman trophy. our recruiting class is in the top five once again. so yea, a lot of hatred and jealousy is aimed at us, especially from the FSU fans, who wish their program is where ours is.

Since we have beaten you 2 years in a row now, do we have permission to trash talk the Gators in basketball?
Fan from day 1
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by Fan from day 1 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:08 pm

oh well, let's see here. we are the current NCAA football champions. we are the current NCAA basketball champions, two years in a row. our QB just won the heisman trophy. our recruiting class is in the top five once again. so yea, a lot of hatred and jealousy is aimed at us, especially from the FSU fans, who wish their program
is where ours is.

your football and basketball teams were the best LAST season. You are good, but no longer the best. get over yourselves
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:11 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Since we have beaten you 2 years in a row now, do we have permission to trash talk the Gators in basketball?

See, now THIS is where I tuck my tail between my legs and gently cry myself to sleep...
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:14 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

See, now THIS is where I tuck my tail between my legs and gently cry myself to sleep...

Victory at last!!! :lol: :rofl:
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:42 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Victory at last!!! :lol: :rofl:

And how bad was that Ohio State game? We got thrashed. Talk about a fall from grace.

You win this round, sir...
Paul1984
Banned User

Post#73 » by Paul1984 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:52 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...ignorant rivalry?

Yeah cause FSU people say Tebow is not that good and the Gators backed into their championships, Heisman etc and we have said stuff lilke FSU girls arent hot and Myron Rolle is garbage. Stuff like that. Its not a respectful rivalry but like I said thats just the way it is.
DrewDaGreat12
Junior

Post#74 » by DrewDaGreat12 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:04 pm

You may be better then us but you lost four games and that Heisman winning QB just got tossed around like a rag doll. Far from the top.

And your recruiting class isn't in a league with FSU's right now.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:18 pm

Paul1984 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah cause FSU people say Tebow is not that good and the Gators backed into their championships, Heisman etc and we have said stuff lilke FSU girls arent hot and Myron Rolle is garbage. Stuff like that. Its not a respectful rivalry but like I said thats just the way it is.

Well...what would you have us say? "Dear sir, the food on your campus is sub-par and the architecture of your buildings is a joke!"?

All great rivalries have ridiculous trash talk. That's sort of the whole point of trash talk. Do you think Yankees/Red Sox fans have a "respectful rivalry?" Ohio State/Michigan? Texas/Oklahoma? I mean, I respect FSU as a successful sports school, but my trash talk does not reflect that in the slightest. I expect the same is true of FSU fans.

Well...maybe not Pedro. :D
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#76 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:26 pm

DrewDaGreat12 wrote:You may be better then us but you lost four games and that Heisman winning QB just got tossed around like a rag doll. Far from the top.

Tebow = overrated *still great though*
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Paul1984
Banned User

Post#77 » by Paul1984 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:43 pm

DrewDaGreat12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You may be better then us but you lost four games and that Heisman winning QB just got tossed around like a rag doll. Far from the top.

That "great" recruiting class is losing some recruits i.e. CJ Holton and McCray. Also recruiting doesnt end in January, UF isnt done but yall are.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:42 pm

Paul1984 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've never heard an FSU fan say that. We know Tebow is awesome and we wish he was on our team.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#79 » by MagicNolesFSU » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:46 pm

bwahahaha our recruiting class is waaaay better than UFs. Its not even close.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:58 pm

Yeah, FSU is sort of kicking our a$$ in recruiting. Rivals has them listed at #4 and UF at #15.

Return to Orlando Magic