ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Versus Houston 1/4/08

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#501 » by RoxFan08 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:05 am

For the record, I think it was good. Either way, in Orlando, I felt the officials HAD to call it good and let the better team decide it in overtime.

THAT SAID: ANYONE who bitches about the refs screwing their team should watch the officiating on Yao for a couple of games.

Here's one from last Houston/Orlando matchup: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0w-N_Ryic

Here's one from tonight:
http://media.putfile.com/Yao-gets-anoth ... and-simple

I like to think I'm fairly unbiased, as I've already stated I think that whatever the right call was, they should have sent the game to overtime. But I think the two above calls (and there are many, MANY more I could pull up from the past few games alone) to prove conclusively that the refs aren't out to get the Magic, and that Dwight Howard isn't the only bigman officiated improperly. I happen to think he's sitting pretty WITH THE MOST FTA IN THE NBA.

Still, to each his own.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#502 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:06 am

goflyakite wrote:Sorry, BUCs...but yet again you are wrong (aren't you getting tired of that?). The ball was CLEARLY off his fingertips. Clear separation, son. I don't know what weird angle your little distorted view was from, but straight ahead showed clearly that the ball left his hand. And that is the ONLY view that should matter.

Hey I respect your opinion.... But I'm not cleary wrong.

It might of went in or might of not got of his fingertips. It just looks too tough to call. Most Magic fans saying it went in, Most Houston fans saying it didn't.

But in my honest opinion it didn't look like he got it out of hands.

But the main thing about it was the team overall play was just bad. Only beef I really have.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#503 » by Orium » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:08 am

[quote="Bucs80"][/quote]

Most Houston fans saying it didn't? Uhm, have you even read the last 10 pages of this thread? The Houston commentators and studio people even said "they caught a break" on the call.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#504 » by Storm Surge » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:09 am

El_Magico wrote:(picture)

Where is the damn red light? bull!! :banghead:

LMAO you can't be serious! WHO KNOWS WHAT TIME THAT PICTURE WAS TAKEN, IT COULD HAVE BEEN .2!
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#505 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:09 am

RoxFan08 wrote:
Here's one from tonight:

YAO LOOKED BACK, SAW DWIGHT COMING, THEN STUCK HIS ASS OUT, CLEAR OFFENSIVE FOULED.
Had he just stayed standing straight up, it's a lay-up and a foul on Dwight sending Yao to the line for 1 free throw.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#506 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:10 am

RoxFan08 wrote:For the record, I think it was good. Either way, in Orlando, I felt the officials HAD to call it good and let the better team decide it in overtime.

Pretty much what should of happened.

If it's that close... yeah
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
El_Magico
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#507 » by El_Magico » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:12 am

RoxFan08 wrote:For the record, I think it was good. Either way, in Orlando, I felt the officials HAD to call it good and let the better team decide it in overtime.

THAT SAID: ANYONE who bitches about the refs screwing their team should watch the officiating on Yao for a couple of games.

Here's one from last Houston/Orlando matchup: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0w-N_Ryic

Here's one from tonight:

I like to think I'm fairly unbiased, as I've already stated I think that whatever the right call was, they should have sent the game to overtime. But I think the two above calls (and there are many, MANY more I could pull up from the past few games alone) to prove conclusively that the refs aren't out to get the Magic, and that Dwight Howard isn't the only bigman officiated improperly. I happen to think he's sitting pretty WITH THE MOST FTA IN THE NBA.

Still, to each his own.

Gee, wouldn't that be because he dunks everything within a 10 feet radius? And his FT% is horrible, teams rather just HACK him?
Kevin Durant tweeted:
"I wanna see Brian Scalabrine, Adonal Foyle, Fabricio Oberto and Zydrunas Ilgauskas in the dunk contest"
1eyedjake
General Manager
And1: 24

Post#508 » by 1eyedjake » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:14 am

What I can't believe is that, with instant replay now available in these situations, the officials didn't spend 5 minutes looking over it before making a call either way.
El_Magico
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#509 » by El_Magico » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:21 am

Storm Surge wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LMAO you can't be serious! WHO KNOWS WHAT TIME THAT PICTURE WAS TAKEN, IT COULD HAVE BEEN .2!

Yeah I guess you're right, because we all know it takes .2 seconds to tip a ball in. :roll:
Kevin Durant tweeted:
"I wanna see Brian Scalabrine, Adonal Foyle, Fabricio Oberto and Zydrunas Ilgauskas in the dunk contest"
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#510 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:22 am

im boycotting going to magic games until the refs get teir ish straight..
Work Hard
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#511 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:27 am

The way the refs treated the situation was laughable. First they didnt even make a call to begin with, they decided to fall back on the replay. You cant do that. You have to make some kind of call, good or not, and the check it on the replay, they didnt do that. Then they only spend a couple of minutes looking at it. We are talking about a play that will decide the game and they only spent a couple of minutes on it. I saw similar situation in the past were the refs looked at replays for like 10 mins and got the call right. Felt like they rushed the call and didnt really look at it right since it was such a close play they should have taken more time. Then right after they jostled the call they quickly grab their jackets and ran like they were very late for a flight. They acted like they had somewhere else to be and going to overtime would keep them from that. It was disgusting to watch them do that. They they refused to give an explanation to the team and to the media, both apparently illegal. I've completely lost respect for the NBA and their refs, that was the final straw. I am less of a fan right now than i was before the buzzer sounded. Good job NBA for driving fans away with ur ineptness.
aka: prorl
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#512 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:31 am

this is bull how do we get screwed two games in a row by calls that DID cost us the game someone needs to say something about this this is horrible
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#513 » by Happyfoosball » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:34 am

Ha Orlandos never gonna win a home game. 7-8 at home.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#514 » by tha_rock220 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:44 am

I noticed tonight no Magic fans came over to the Rockets board. Maybe it's because we won, but who cares. Dwight is still better than Yao and the Magic are still better than the Rockets, but that's not saying much. Personally, I'd like to trade both him and McGrady for a back up point guard. The Rockets suck, but you guys might win 45 games yet.
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Post#515 » by jonskilly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:45 am

tha_rock220 wrote:I noticed tonight no Magic fans came over to the Rockets board. Maybe it's because we won, but who cares. Dwight is still better than Yao and the Magic are still better than the Rockets, but that's not saying much. Personally, I'd like to trade both him and McGrady for a back up point guard. The Rockets suck, but you guys might win 45 games yet.

Maybe because we don't troll?
Shaheen
Suspended

MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#516 » by MoGrAdY » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:46 am

All I can say is wow. Thats it. Just wow.

I didnt get a good replay while at the game but I know on the radio they said it looked good and they even told SVG it was good so he got the guys huddled up. Then I see the replay at home on ESPN and IMO it was good. I think the refs had to pick up theirs checks no later then 9:50 so they hadda go. Thats just poor as hell. An the picture from the ROX fan, thats horrible quality. You cant even ALMOST tell what the ball is touching. Every angle Ive seen shows the ball just barely out of his hand.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#517 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:47 am

I can only speak for myself, but generally speaking, I hate it when other team's fans come to our board and say dumb stuff, so I refrain from doing it myself.

And like tonight, what's the point...we can argue all we want but it wouldn't matter. Some Houston fans admit it was a horrible call and that's great. But others don't. So a dumb argument would only serve to piss us off even more.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
wireonfire
Junior

Post#518 » by wireonfire » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:12 am

wireonfire
Junior

Post#519 » by wireonfire » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:14 am

Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#520 » by Shishnizzle » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:14 am

THE NBA ROBBED ORLANDO AGAIN, OVER AND OVER AND OVER WE GET SHORTED BY THE NBA IN ORLANDO. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

Return to Orlando Magic