ImageImageImageImage

THE PLEASE PLAY REDDICK THREAD

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

marcin061786
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#21 » by marcin061786 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:48 pm

who cares how people spell his name you know who im tallking about right? The extra D is for defense :lol:
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#22 » by whocares » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:58 pm

marcin061786 wrote:who cares how people spell his name you know who im tallking about right? The extra D is for defense :lol:

1. nothing had been more obvious, tall king!
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#23 » by zuppafly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:39 pm

thEthIEf wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WRONG!!!

Bogans is currently ranked 4th i believe in 3-pointers made this season at 76, Shard is 3rd with 89 and Jason Richardson is 1st with 90...

He's shooting 35% from outside. He makes over 6 attempts per game. And it's not like they are contested... he keeps missing wiiide open shots.
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's too much for me to take as a "good thing". Redick is worse on defense? Sure, I'll buy that even if I think Bogans is not the good defender people keep saying he is.
But denying that Redick would hit a lot (and I mean A LOT) more of those open threes is being homeristic towards Bogans.

There must be another thing that keeps Redick on the bench other than his bball abilities. Maybe he's a prick and everyone hates him. Maybe it's another thing... we don't know... All I know is that as a fan I'm getting pretty tired of watching our SGs play like **** and have a 11th pick rotting on the bench without a reasonable explanation besides one that only a few keep buying.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#24 » by suckfish » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:07 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:(picture)

haha redick takes more shots in this commercial than real gams

He's also the worlds best shooter in that commercial and it's in that commercial only. :)
marcin061786
Freshman

Post#25 » by marcin061786 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:09 am

suckfish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's also the worlds best shooter in that commercial and it's in that commercial only. :)

Ill question that
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#26 » by Driguez » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:38 am

i dunno, im trusting coah on this one, he has found himself on the same situation with 2 dif coaches... imo he doesnt work hard on practice or something, maybe a crappy attitude... however i would love to see him with more PT.
"We all we got"- SVG
Driguez
General Manager

Post#27 » by Driguez » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:43 am

i dunno, im trusting coah on this one, he has found himself on the same situation with 2 dif coaches... imo he doesnt work hard on practice or something, maybe a crappy attitude... however i would love to see him with more PT.
"We all we got"- SVG
marcin061786
Freshman

Post#28 » by marcin061786 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:11 am

but dont you think if he had issues like that he would have had trouble with coach K. Its always seemed like those 2 have had a great relationship and coach K even invited JJ to play for team USA.
Driguez
General Manager

Post#29 » by Driguez » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:26 am

true marcin, but this is not NCAA basketball ;) this is where the big boys play and where whoever is mentally stronger survives, i mean jj must have his ego destroyed, he gots to put his ego aside and make a change, well thats just my guess
"We all we got"- SVG
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#30 » by laVal03 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:54 am

I can't agrre to this thread as much as I want him to do good so another draft doesn't look horrible, I knew his NBA game would be 1-dimensional and unfortunately it is.................I guess if u add free throw % he is two-dimensional but u have to get to the line too shoot those thus do something other than shoot the 3
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#31 » by lovehoops01 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:56 am

magicman123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

thats not saying much..look at the starting sg the last 2 weeks

allen-22, bogans-3..... crawford-29, bogans-10.....wade-48, bogans-13......felton-13, bogans-12...... duhon-1 but gordon had 39 from the bench, bogans-14......carter-18, bogans-10......head-12, dooling-9..
i know we make up for it on other positions, especially Center..but we are getting beat at the 2 constantly..

I get your point, but you can't pin all that on Bogans. Dooling and Evans have been logging plenty of minutes at shooting guard, too.

I do think Bogans is having trouble with one of his knees. He's come out of games twice in the past couple weeks kind of hobbling.

As far as J.J. goes, I think there might be only certain cirumstances when you can use him. I have seen him go into plenty of games and he struggles to make the space to get off his shots because the defenders collapse quickly on him. I have seen it happen a couple times on one possession more than once. And there is no question, when they put him in the game, the other team goes at him right away. In one game, they did it four possessions in a row and scored every time. He has gotten a little better about it, but often, he just fouls them to keep them from scoring. There is no good reason not to play J.J. if he can help the team. It only makes the front office look bad if they used a first-round pick on him and he can't play at all. I'm sure there has to be a good reason for it. He might find success on some team. But I don't know if it's on this team the way it is constructed right now.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#32 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:23 am

last year whenever me and my friends would go to a magic game we would carry multiple fire brian hill signs with different phrases and one liners, after the games (when we would lose) we would stand at the bottom of the stairs and waive them around shouting firebrianhill.com. anyone who goes to the games should do the same with reddick play jj posters!
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#33 » by ivDT » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:30 am

can anyone explain to me where all this "play redick" stuff is coming from?

do people genuinely believe that playing redick more will have any tangible effect on our ability to win games now or in the future?

i mean, really?

giving redick additional PT would just mean getting more mediocrity from more sources.

like playing diener when we were already getting enough poor play from nelson and arroyo.

it doesn't "raise the average" any, so why bother?
aussie_magic
Sophomore

Post#34 » by aussie_magic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:28 pm

^^^^^^

its because he hasnt been given a chance, why draft someone if your not intending to use him?
i kinda feel sorry for the guy

Return to Orlando Magic