ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Kings

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#741 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:49 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:well, I must be wrong, I am just stating what I have read from Lakers posters and fans who have met him.. I also cannot say too much though, due to the fact I have never met him or talked to any of the players or close friends about him.

Then you are totally guessing, man, and that's not cool. You wouldn't much like it if someone said something like that about you but never had met you themselves, would you?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#742 » by drsd » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:50 am

Yuck.

... but that Redick could lead a storm was a nice sign.
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#743 » by JigenDaisuke » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:19 am

I'm so bummed they got rid of Ariza. I wonder if we can sign him back in the offseason?
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#744 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:33 am

Otis does need to have a sit-down with Dwight and find out if everything is OK and how he can try to make it better.

Dwight is working hard out there most nights, but it's not always paying off, and it's easy to get frustrated when that happens. But if he did so (and I didn't see the game so I only can go on what you guys said Mikki Moore said), he needs to avoid showing his frustration with his teammates when they are on the floor. You've got to wonder if some of his friends on other teams are getting into his head. He is a team leader, and he needs to show those skills when it comes down to situations like this. It would help for some guidance from Ewing and Battie, too, because this is a new situation for him. (Still think Grant Hill didn't provide any leadership?) And Dwight's been taking a few nudges in the media, too, for the first time, and he just needs to ignore those. This is the tough part of his job, and as the foundation of his franchise, he needs to be a rock. In this case, being 22 doesn't help him because he probably doesn't know what to do.

It's clear....The Magic need to make some kind of a move because they need another defender and rebounder to help Dwight in the paint. And they need a dependable scorer who can defend somewhat at shooting guard, too. They could give J.J. a try, but they probably should have done that before they closed the gap so much between their wins and their losses because if that doesn't work, then what? They only have 8 more wins than losses now. And when they get back from this trip, after playing Chicago at home, they go to Charlotte. And then the next four games after that come against the powerful Trail Blazers (yes, they are playing great), Pistons (twice), Grizzlies on the road (and they already beat the Magic at home) and the Celtics. And then the month is almost over.

What they probably need more than anything is someone besides Dwight who will show the character to say that they are not going to let this team lose. You see that in parts of games -- but not for entire games.

The only consolation about tonight is that pretty much every Eastern Conference team that played a Western Conference team got its butt kicked. We just need for the Magic not to let that happen again on Wednesday night.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#745 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:03 am

thEthIEf wrote:do we still have Shammond Williams on the bench? he's be a major upgrade right about now...

Nah, after the players didn't want to play with the microfiber basketballs, they had to ban him from the league. He pounded the ball so hard when he dribbled that he was shattering too many of them, and it was costing the league too much money to replace them.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#746 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:24 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Mo misses a 3 at the buzzer, halftime. 38-53
My heart sank when I saw Miller shoot the 3, thank God he missed.

Just wondering....unless it's a game-winner, have the Magic hit a single shot to end a quarter this season? And if the opponents get the final shot, have they missed one? You'd think by the law of averages that it would work out once in a while.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#747 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:56 am

The only Kings player who got a season high on the Magic Tuesday was Quincy Douby. And I'm not sure if it counts because he had 14 points -- and that tied a season high. He had 14 the previous game against Chicago, too.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#748 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:53 am

Interesting to see we only seem to try the first posession after a timeout, and when the game is already out of reach. This team just does not show enough effort. Period.

JJ got on the floor and proved once again that he deserves some playing time. Once again, he probably wont get any.

How can we have the league's best big man and still suck so much?

Ugh... see you guys next loss.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#749 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:34 am

y2ab wrote:Didn't I call Udrih going off?

Not like he hasn't played well before, this season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/384 ... NZLNukvLYF

AdamTheGreek wrote:Down 18 again as Udrih would like a better career high. :(

Which is 27 against the Spurs.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#750 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:25 pm

Bad loss.

Listened to the Kings broadcast, turned it off at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

IMO, the lineup needs stability. The roster is what it is...........

Nice game for Howard.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#751 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:48 pm

i have a confession to make..i stopped watching magic games unless we play good teams with stars on them like la, phx, boston, cleveland.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#752 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:59 pm

I didnt even bother watching the game in the second half. NO point. The team didnt show up. Nobody. They didnt come to play. They were just standing around watching Sac get to the basket at will while showing no resistance. Then they make the typical ill fated late push. Im glad they lost, just wished they would have lost by more because the game wasent as close as the final score indicated. This game wasent about talent, it was about will and the Magic didnt have any. I wont take listless efforts like that, i dont think im gonna watch the game tonight.
aka: prorl
ST8WESTCOASTIN
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#753 » by ST8WESTCOASTIN » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:44 pm

the magic is a big joke!
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#754 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:42 pm

ST8WESTCOASTIN wrote:the magic is a big joke!

Enjoy watching us in the playoffs.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#755 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:19 pm

prorl wrote:I didnt even bother watching the game in the second half. NO point. The team didnt show up. Nobody. They didnt come to play. They were just standing around watching Sac get to the basket at will while showing no resistance. Then they make the typical ill fated late push. Im glad they lost, just wished they would have lost by more because the game wasent as close as the final score indicated. This game wasent about talent, it was about will and the Magic didnt have any. I wont take listless efforts like that, i dont think im gonna watch the game tonight.

I watched part of the 1st half, and didn't stay up to watch the 2nd half either. Earlier in the season I certainly would have, but I don't have much confidence in them during this stretch.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#756 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:31 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I watched part of the 1st half, and didn't stay up to watch the 2nd half either. Earlier in the season I certainly would have, but I don't have much confidence in them during this stretch.

Hec, we need to tweak your sig a bit...needs to be a picture of the WHOLE Magic team and it should say "1 Mediocre Team".

Or....you could always make a tribute to the Cowboys for this weeks game. Maybe one with Jessica Simpson with the words "Please just watch on t.v.".
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#757 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:02 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:Hec, we need to tweak your sig a bit...needs to be a picture of the WHOLE Magic team and it should say "1 Mediocre Team".

Or....you could always make a tribute to the Cowboys for this weeks game. Maybe one with Jessica Simpson with the words "Please just watch on t.v.".

:laugh:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#758 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:14 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just wondering....unless it's a game-winner, have the Magic hit a single shot to end a quarter this season? And if the opponents get the final shot, have they missed one? You'd think by the law of averages that it would work out once in a while.

Actually, I can recall Kedo and Mo making 'em not too long ago.

But yes, it's absurd how many buzzer beaters opponents make on us. :nonono:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#759 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:16 pm

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which is 27 against the Spurs.

I know, but he had 15 points at the half and looked like he was well on his way to beating that. 2nd half he just looked to distribute a whole bunch by driving into the paint with ease. :(
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#760 » by MoGrAdY » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:47 pm

oakfanintheeast wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if redick played bogans minutes, he'd hurt the team, more than help the team. not a 7 minute spurt down 15 when the kings are already mentally out of the game.

What the hell kinda logic is that? He played great in 7 minutes but if he played 30 he'd be bad? How? He didnt do anything in 7 minutes last night that he cant do for 30. He hustled. Hit shots. Played smart. Thats all stuff he can do for 30 MPG. I dont like to call people names or insult them but your just a JJ hater. Thats it. And Im with Blitz 100% as i already stated in my post on page 55. Dwight didnt play well enough. He did fine on offense, but his defensive effort was not there at all. And again, gettin beat to a loose ball by Brad Miller is laughable.

Return to Orlando Magic