ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic's Turkoglu finally in the zone (O.Sentinel)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bold&Blue
Ballboy
And1: 0

Orlando Magic's Turkoglu finally in the zone (O.Sentinel) 

Post#1 » by Bold&Blue » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:39 pm

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu had just hit the game-winning shot in overtime to beat the Bulls in Chicago, which meant on-court, postgame interviews with television and radio, which meant he was the last person back to the locker room.

He walked in to find the team's postgame buffet already had been picked over. There were half-empty pizza boxes on the table and a tray of lasagna that looked like it had been put in a blender.

Turkoglu scanned the locker room and frowned.

You see, I still don't get any respect," he said after the victory Dec. 31. "My game is good now. You think they would wait for me, but no. I still get what is left. Must have been the turnovers."

He laughed, then ate happily.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 2791.story
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#2 » by drsd » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:27 pm

I think the Magic are trying to make a case for Hedo to gets a coaches nod into the ASW.

Positive press follows strong efforts.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#3 » by Magicalltheway » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:40 pm

Good read, I really appreciate what he has done so far. I wish Shard would take notes. :roll:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:29 pm

It was Van Gundy, a long-time admirer of Turkoglu, who called him this summer shortly after taking the Magic job, telling him that his days of coasting through games was over. And it was Van Gundy who addressed Turkoglu in front of the entire team in preseason and cited him as an underachiever.

"What has surprised me about Turk is that it took this long," Smith said. "He's being asked to do more because he's capable of doing more. Stan leans on him. With Turk, if you let him sleep, he'll sleep. If you leave him alone, he'll scored 13-14 points a game, float in and out and be average. But he's better than that."

Thank God for Stan. Good thing he called him out in the preseason and rides his ass.
aka: prorl
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Dunkin On Ya » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:34 pm

Hedo should come out with some lame video liek Chris Bosh did.

He could jokingly advertise his own all adhesive Turkey Glue. Have like a turkey with a wounded wing and Turk is trying to glue it back together...

Something stupid...it would get attention though.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#6 » by magicman123 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:01 pm

"What has surprised me about Turk is that it took this long," Smith said. "He's being asked to do more because he's capable of doing more. Stan leans on him. With Turk, if you let him sleep, he'll sleep. If you leave him alone, he'll scored 13-14 points a game, float in and out and be average. But he's better than that."

i think that is very true
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Typhoon20 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:24 pm

The reason why I think he's better this year:

Code: Select all

"Before I was always a role guy. Now I'm a main guy," Turkoglu said. "I've just never been in this kind of situation before. It's new for me, but I like it."

He gets the ball more in his hands.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#8 » by Orium » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:47 pm

Turk has always been good, but this year the inconsistencies he's struggled with his whole career are finally gone. He could always score 20+ in the past, but he'd disappear the next game.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on

Return to Orlando Magic