ImageImageImageImage

Is it time for a starting line-up change at PF?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Line-up change?

Yes, start Rashard and Augustine, make Hedo 6th man.
18%
Yes, start Hedo and Augustine, make Lewis 6th man.
21%
Yes, trade for PF.
14%
No.
11%
Ronald Reagan?
36%

Total votes: 28

The Letter J
Starter
And1: 0

Is it time for a starting line-up change at PF? 

Post#1 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:51 am

We definitely need more toughness in our starting 5 as well as more bench presence.

So who gets sent to the bench and who starts? Do we make a trade or leave things alone all together?
orl1724
Sixth Man

Post#2 » by orl1724 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:56 am

I say either start Auggy or trade Hedo (WHILE) he still has a high trade value for someone like..

Frye,Haslem,AK47, Al Harrington etc
The Letter J
Starter

Post#3 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:59 am

orl1724 wrote:I say either start Auggy or trade Hedo (WHILE) he still has a high trade value for someone like..

Gonna have to agree with you there, but I haven't voted yet. I'm waiting to see the returns on Ronnie Reagan.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#4 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:04 am

orl1724 wrote:I say either start Auggy or trade Hedo (WHILE) he still has a high trade value for someone like..

Harrington and Monta for Hedo and Nelson :clap:
orl1724
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by orl1724 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:07 am

Nice trade but still doesnt solve our PG problem IMO Monta is a Ben Gordon 2.0
oakfanintheeast
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by oakfanintheeast » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:07 am

Hedo is going to continue to do well bc he is next to lewis and howard, it makes him a very valuable player.

orlando needs to get evans and miller from the sixers, then they would be a serious playoff team.

Miller/Nelson
Lewis/Bogans
Hedo/Evans
Evans/Auggy
Howard/Foyle
The Letter J
Starter

Post#7 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:09 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Harrington and Monta for Hedo and Nelson :clap:

They wouldn't go for that. Besides it doesn't work in the trade checker. If we trade Nelson we'd need to get back another PG.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:12 am

The Letter J wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They wouldn't go for that. Besides it doesn't work in the trade checker. If we trade Nelson we'd need to get back another PG.

Monta and Carlos
The Letter J
Starter

Post#9 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:15 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Monta and Carlos

Monta isn't really a PG though. I mean, he's a PG just like Dooling is a PG. Only if there is no one else to run or if everyone is playing poorly. If we trade one of our PGs then we need a player who is primarily a PG.
orl1724
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by orl1724 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:19 am

I dont know what this obssesion with Evans is all about, sure we need a PF who can rebound and play solid defense, however our PF needs to fit well next to Dwight on offense, and Evans does not. The guy is just gonna clogg the lane we need someone who isnt only a good rebounder and defensive player but also someone who wont limit Dwights offense thats why Darko was suppose to be such a good fit.
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#11 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:29 am

OrlandoMagic came up with a nice lineup (IMO) in the JJ emerges thread...

Nelson
JJ
Lewis
Foyle
Dwight

I like that, we have good rebounding and good shooting... two things that a very inconsistent for us.. Plus we would have pretty solid interior defense, I'd rather a team shoot than beat us to the basket every possesion.
The Letter J
Starter

Post#12 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:34 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:OrlandoMagic came up with a nice lineup (IMO) in the JJ emerges thread...

Nelson
JJ
Lewis
Foyle
Dwight

I like that, we have good rebounding and good shooting... two things that a very inconsistent for us.. Plus we would have pretty solid interior defense, I'd rather a team shoot than beat us to the basket every possesion.

Foyle would be an awful fit next to Dwight. He has no jumpshot to speak of and would clog up the lane offensively.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:34 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:OrlandoMagic came up with a nice lineup (IMO) in the JJ emerges thread...

Nelson
JJ
Lewis
Foyle
Dwight

though were not doing bad right now, i think it would be a good time to test a lineup shakeup. not sure how this would do, but we have 3 scoring options in dwight jj and lewis. have defending down low with dwight and adonal. and if nelson can work on assists i think this lineup is a go. atleast for one game
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#14 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:45 am

You guys crack me up. Everyone wants to change lineups at a different spot.

It was bad tonight, though. It's unbelievable when a team can look so bad until the last 10 minutes of the game. In the first quarter, especially, they couldn't pass, they couldn't catch, they couldn't shoot, they couldn't rebound, they couldn't play a lick of defense.

The Magic really haven't had too many of these total stinkers this season. They didn't seem to do anything right for a significant part of the game. I'm going to hope that this one was just one of those games. But now they at least need to try to get the Clippers game because the Nuggets-Jazz back-to-back is going to be a tough one. The Jazz beat the Pacers by almost 30 points tonight, and they didn't have Kirilenko or Ronnie Price (well, they probably didn't miss Price a lot).
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#15 » by drsd » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:55 am

Auggie as a starter??? if a new PF is suggested, it would be Foyle. And he does not open up Howard's game.

What the Magic need is a 30 year old Horace Grant.
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#16 » by whocares » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:23 am

1. what some need is some time off to contemplate.
2. jj, nelson and rashard all at the same time on the floor when stan repeatedly saying that the "offense" not being the problem, good grief.
3. this team has to come out aggressive.
4. instead, it comes out to feed dwight for a few consecutive possessions to free up the shooters.
5. the drawback to that algorithm, as witnessed against the kings, is if the shooters cannot start hitting immediately, everything collapses.
6. the opposing team gathers momentum, the lack of rhythm kills the offensive production, players get frustrated, etc.
7. what has to happen is a lot of penetration with a lot of dishes to the open shooter.
8. not the dwight got his game going, now it is the shooters' turn.
9. it has to be a "team" game.
10. however, nelson not having anything going from the midrange, hedo coasting, either all game or at least until the second quarter when he becomes da man, bogans not being able to buy a shot, rashard not really being aggressive but being pretty and finally, dwight not passing out of double teams in a timely manner, all make the team struggle.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#17 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:38 pm

As I posted somewhere else, what the Magic need right now is stability with the lineup.

Let SVG pick his 5 best players, put them on the floor, and develop rotations around them. The constant tinkering with the starters just delays consistency.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
The Letter J
Starter

Post#18 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:12 pm

craig01 wrote:As I posted somewhere else, what the Magic need right now is stability with the lineup.

Let SVG pick his 5 best players, put them on the floor, and develop rotations around them. The constant tinkering with the starters just delays consistency.

Stan hasn't really tinkered with the line-up. We have had stability. The only thing he really did was replace Nelson when Nelson was out. There hasn't been any constant tinkering. There has been inconsistency.

The big thing is we suck defensively in the paint and on the glass. At the beginning of the season our shooting was overshadowing that, but now our shots aren't falling and teams are still running lay-up drills on us. This team as it is will only ever be mediocre defensively with 2 big SFs who are defensively soft in the starting line-up.

Its' time to showcase some players and ship them out. We have 4 SGs on the roster. We only have 2 post players outside of Dwight and neither one is capable of contributing anything noteworthy. We had 3 SFs and we lost one to acquire another mediocre SG and another bench warming soft PF.

Stability for the starting line-up and making no changes with this roster will only float us toward mediocrity.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#19 » by Pedro Pistolas » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:51 pm

orl1724 wrote:Nice trade but still doesnt solve our PG problem IMO Monta is a Ben Gordon 2.0

You're stupid if you actually believe that nonsese. Monta Ellis and Ben Gordon aren't close at all. To me both have different games.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#20 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:13 pm

D LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Orlando Magic