ImageImageImageImage

CLIPS Vs MAG's game thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

weezt0e
Senior
And1: 24

Post#581 » by weezt0e » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:02 am

I was there sitting right behind the Magic bench! I could hear Stan call the plays and I got to meet Dwight too. Best night evar.
DJ Ronnie Seikaly!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,544

Post#582 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 am

Give us details!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Re: CLIPS Vs MAG's game thread 

Post#583 » by drsd » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:31 am

EasternMagic wrote:PLAY JJ

1 TO
1 PF
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#584 » by OMPunk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 am

I'll take wins over certain players getting time, we'll see about what happens with JJ.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
karizma87
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#585 » by karizma87 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 am

TooNice00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

carried us? to a 4 game sweep. i like hedo. but i have a problem when he is consistently taking more shots than rashard and dwight. hedo is too much of the focus. whether that is van gundys fault or whoevers. but for this team to ever be elite the ball has to be consistently fed to dwight in the post. dwight has to be the leader on offense not hedo. hedo probably gets more isos than howard which i think is ridiculous.

yea he was the only guy that showed up...but ur saying he shouldn't take more shots than rashard or dwight because his name is hedo? dumbest argument ever...you think hedo is going to demand the ball at the end of the game if there is a better guy to take the shot??
weezt0e
Senior
And1: 24

Post#586 » by weezt0e » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:15 am

Soul wrote:Give us details!

Well I got to the game waaaay early so I could watch the warmups. Only a couple of guys came over to sign stuff. Jameer signed for little kids and Foyle signed for a few people. I asked Keyon to sign and he said he was in a hurry and couldn't. Dwight was the last one to come off the floor and I shouted to him. He came over and signed for me a few other people. Really cool of him.

Otis hung around during warmups and I said hello to him and something like "Good job they're doing great this year!" He gave me a quick thanks and went back to watching the warmups. I really wanted to tell him that I ran the Brian Hill website, but I couldn't muster the guts. I just wanted to see his reaction.

It was Turkish night so the entire place was swarming with HEdo fans. The crowd literally felt like a home crowd at time because of this. I kid you not, almost the ENTIRE east side of the arena was filled with Hedo fans. I sat right behind Stan for most of the night.

I was also sitting right by Matt Leinart and he called out "HEY REDICK!" to JJ a few times, as if the were old pals.

Brian Cook was standing up, blocking our view, for almost the entire fourth quarter! He had some friends in the crowd who were giving him a hard time for not playing. Someone yelled "Brian..tell Ron Jeremy to put you in!...Brian why aren't you playing?". Brian appeared to wait for Stan to look the other way and then sorta gestured at him with his hand and mouthed what i think was "because he's stupid!". He was clearly joking around though.

My friend happened to be at the game with Joe Forte's son. He went into the locker room area after the game, so I'm waiting to hear how that went.

Stan was fun to listen to. He has a funny way of yelling at the guys during time outs. Its almost comical. Things like "awwwwwwww maaaaaaaaaan! you're coming of that screen wrong EVERY SIGLE TIME!" He doesn't seem like an a-hole but still gets his point across. I like him more after watching him coach up close.
DJ Ronnie Seikaly!
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#587 » by whocares » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 am

1. what is more amazing is that the comment on hedo comes after a game in which he probably had the best of the season.
2. 28 points on 50% shooting, 7 boards, 7 assists.
3. whatismore, he had 13 points, at least 3 assists (one to rashard in the right corner for a 3, one to jameer in the left corner for a 3 and one to dwight for lay-in) and at least 3 rebounds.
4. if that is not enough, just watch the game to see what the team plays like when hedo is the playmaker as opposed to dooling/jameer being the playmakers.
5. "liking a player" entails what exactly?
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#588 » by Devin 1L » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 am

weezt0e wrote:
Soul wrote:Give us details!

Well I got to the game waaaay early so I could watch the warmups. Only a couple of guys came over to sign stuff. Jameer signed for little kids and Foyle signed for a few people. I asked Keyon to sign and he said he was in a hurry and couldn't. Dwight was the last one to come off the floor and I shouted to him. He came over and signed for me a few other people. Really cool of him.

Otis hung around during warmups and I said hello to him and something like "Good job they're doing great this year!" He gave me a quick thanks and went back to watching the warmups. I really wanted to tell him that I ran the Brian Hill website, but I couldn't muster the guts. I just wanted to see his reaction.

It was Turkish night so the entire place was swarming with HEdo fans. The crowd literally felt like a home crowd at time because of this. I kid you not, almost the ENTIRE east side of the arena was filled with Hedo fans. I sat right behind Stan for most of the night.

I was also sitting right by Matt Leinart and he called out "HEY REDICK!" to JJ a few times, as if the were old pals.

Brian Cook was standing up, blocking our view, for almost the entire fourth quarter! He had some friends in the crowd who were giving him a hard time for not playing. Someone yelled "Brian..tell Ron Jeremy to put you in!...Brian why aren't you playing?". Brian appeared to wait for Stan to look the other way and then sorta gestured at him with his hand and mouthed what i think was "because he's stupid!". He was clearly joking around though.

My friend happened to be at the game with Joe Forte's son. He went into the locker room area after the game, so I'm waiting to hear how that went.

Stan was fun to listen to. He has a funny way of yelling at the guys during time outs. Its almost comical. Things like "awwwwwwww maaaaaaaaaan! you're coming of that screen wrong EVERY SIGLE TIME!" He doesn't seem like an a-hole but still gets his point across. I like him more after watching him coach up close.

Nice little read.

Thanks for the insight! I'm interested to hear more if/when you speak to your friend.
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#589 » by Typhoon20 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 am

thEthIEf wrote:for those that didnt know, Dwight said the F word while drawing that tech...

Mr. Garrison: Eric! Did you just say the F-word??
Cartman:
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#590 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:36 pm

karizma87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea he was the only guy that showed up...but ur saying he shouldn't take more shots than rashard or dwight because his name is hedo? dumbest argument ever...you think hedo is going to demand the ball at the end of the game if there is a better guy to take the shot??

uh i never said he shouldn't take more shots because his name is hedo. i like how hedo is playing but he shouldn't be taking more shots than dwight almost every game. hedo iniciates our offense the majority of the time but its not out of necessity. the ball could be given to dwight and allow him to pass out of double teams and whatever. our team really doesn't run an inside-out offense, which makes no sense when you have one of the best big men in the league. i think i am more complaining that our offense seems to run through hedo when it should be running through howard. i would like to see this problem fixed. does anyone here honestly think we could ever be an elite team with hedo chucking up the most shots? in the long run it is most advantageous if howard is running our offense.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#591 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:46 pm

After a night of drinking i came home at time to watch the start. They quickly built an 18 point lead but completely chocked it away in the start of the second quarter. It baffles me as to why this team lets teams back in it and so quickly. Must be mental softness. I was mad and drunk so i just went to sleep in the 2nd quarter. Good to see the Magic won but looking at recaps and highlights looks like they did their best to choke it away in the 4th. Well atleast they won.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#592 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Also it looked like Maggette was auditioning for us.
aka: prorl
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#593 » by Max Power » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:25 pm

As far as I am concerned Hedo Freaking Turkoglu can takes as many shots as he wants right now!!! I hate to say it, but he might be our best player, with all due respect to the Beast. Dwight needs to be more assertive offensively like he was early in the season.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#594 » by drsd » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm still happy well into the next day.

:)
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#595 » by taruky1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm

TooNice00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

uh i never said he shouldn't take more shots because his name is hedo. i like how hedo is playing but he shouldn't be taking more shots than dwight almost every game. hedo iniciates our offense the majority of the time but its not out of necessity. the ball could be given to dwight and allow him to pass out of double teams and whatever. our team really doesn't run an inside-out offense, which makes no sense when you have one of the best big men in the league. i think i am more complaining that our offense seems to run through hedo when it should be running through howard. i would like to see this problem fixed. does anyone here honestly think we could ever be an elite team with hedo chucking up the most shots? in the long run it is most advantageous if howard is running our offense.

Look, Howard is far and away they best player and superstar on this team. HOWEVER, that does not always translate into being the guy who should get the most shots. I don't think he's ready to have the offense regularly run through him because he's still a poor passer out of double teams, his offensive repertoir is still limited (although improving), and his FT shooting is poor. One thing I've noticed is that when the Magic are getting it into Dwight a lot and he misses his FTs, the team deflates badly. Really how much and how often he gets it depends on the matchups and how he is shooting FTs.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#596 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:29 pm

taruky1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Look, Howard is far and away they best player and superstar on this team. HOWEVER, that does not always translate into being the guy who should get the most shots. I don't think he's ready to have the offense regularly run through him because he's still a poor passer out of double teams, his offensive repertoir is still limited (although improving), and his FT shooting is poor. One thing I've noticed is that when the Magic are getting it into Dwight a lot and he misses his FTs, the team deflates badly. Really how much and how often he gets it depends on the matchups and how he is shooting FTs.

maybe howard isn't ready. maybe howard is. i dunno. but i would like him to get more opportunities than he is now. he needs to be consistently more involved on offense. hedo running the show on offense isn't good in the long run.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#597 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 pm

TooNice00 wrote:maybe howard isn't ready. maybe howard is. i dunno. but i would like him to get more opportunities than he is now. he needs to be consistently more involved on offense. hedo running the show on offense isn't good in the long run.

The problem is that teams are doubling him hard and fast - due to his beastly status. So I don't think we should force feed him, but gradual increases certainly should be part of the game plan.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#598 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 pm

We win. Im happy.

My only concern was that when Jameer + Dwight went to the bench we really struggled. When they were in we built 18 and 17 pt leads but then soon as they hit the bench it quickly came down to 2-6 pt leads. We need to find something off the bench, perhaps in the form of a 6'4 white kid who looks like he should be in American Eagle catelogs? No but really that is a concern for me, we have to be able to rest guys at some point and not be worried about losing big leads or any lead for that matter.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#599 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:19 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The problem is that teams are doubling him hard and fast - due to his beastly status. So I don't think we should force feed him, but gradual increases certainly should be part of the game plan.

true. i don't believe we should force feed him either. however there are times where he gets deep post position and we ignore him. and we also don't look for him when we drive to the basket like we used to either. there are numerous times where if the player driving to the basket would of passed it to dwight it would have been an easy dunk. i just think it is frustrating when we go for long stretches and dwight does even touch the ball. when dwight is involved on offense he tends to be more involved in the game in all aspects.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#600 » by Hairy Midget » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:21 pm

We never run pick and rolls with him anymore.

Return to Orlando Magic