ImageImageImageImage

CLIPS Vs MAG's game thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#621 » by lovehoops01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:04 am

Hairy Midget wrote:Why does Tim Thomas decide to care this one game?

I am not joking when I say this. Tim Thomas really doesn't like the Magic organization for some reason. At least at one point in time, he used to be good friends with T-Mac because they knew one another from AAU ball. And when Tracy first signed here, before anything happened, he said, "I feel sorry for him.'' And every time he plays against the Magic, he plays like they stole his last dollar. I don't know what it is.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#622 » by lovehoops01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET A FOUL CALL IN OUR FAVOR?!

END OF THE 3RD, KEYON MISSED THE LAST SHOT.
88-79.

It's not Keyon's fault. I seriously think that the Magic have missed every single end-of-quarter shot they have taken this season except that the one or two Hedo has taken to win games.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#623 » by lovehoops01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:22 am

D12J14 wrote:Why no Jameer? He has sat for almost the entire 2nd quarter!

Sometimes I do wonder about Stan's substitution patterns. He's not like B. Hill in the sense that he uses the same one all the time. In fact, there really isn't a patter. And rather than riding the hot hand, it seems sometimes like he's trying to let the other team get close or tie so the Magic have to fight back, like he's playing some weird Ninja mind games on them or something.
TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#624 » by TooNice00 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:19 pm

whocares wrote:1. since 14 fga's seem to be the magical number, what is the win/loss number with respect to dwight's over and under that magical number?
2. fga by itself does not show exactly how many possessions went through a player.
3. fta/2 + fga, contrary to popular opinion, is not enough either.
4. the turnovers also have to taken into account.
5. of course, in dwight's case, the to number has to be analyzed as he is also causing 3 second violations.
6. in the games though, this can be said: whenever the magic start going to dwight exclusively, the rest of the players start sucking.
7. consider ball movement as blood running through veins, the players as vital organs and the team as a living organism.
8. if the blood gets stuck somewhere, the rest of the organs deteriorate.
9. by the way, might be a funny exercise to match each player to an organ.
10. garrity = vermiform appendix.

i am just throwing numbers out there with the 14FGA. it shows dwight was more involved on offense earlier in the season. we don't use the pick n rolls as much with howard. and we don't drive to the basket looking for that alley oop as much either. ironically howard was averaging less turnovers with the 14FGA, which probably means he was getting more easy baskets earlier in the season. i dunno i think we have gotten away from that a little.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#625 » by magicmamma » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:00 pm

According to the newspaper this morning, Jameer came up with a sore foot and went back to the locker room to have it x-rayed. It must have been really sore to get that much concern but he still came back late in the game. He's scheduled to start again tonight (as is Mo), so it must be OK. I just assumed he was hurting. Unless Carlos is playing really great, Jameer always comes back.

Return to Orlando Magic