ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Nuggets

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,416

Magic @ Nuggets 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:47 am

Image vs. Image

Who:Orlando Magic(22-14) vs. Denver Nuggets(21-13)
When: Friday, January 11th
Where: The Pepsi Center in Denver,CO
Time: 9:00 PM EST
TV/Radio: FSFL/ 580AM
Season Series: First Meeting
Team Trivia Connection: Jameer Nelson was drafted by the Nuggets on Draft Night 2004 only to be traded to the Magic on the same night.

The Lowdown

The Magic are coming off a well earned road victory against the L.A. Clippers 113-106 behind Hedo Turkoglu's 28pts and Dwight Howard had 17pts and 17rebs in the win. The Magic will head to Mile High City to take on the Denver Nuggets. Led by Magic formable foe Allen Iverson's 27.1PPG and Carmelo Anthony's 25.2PPG. The Nuggets aren't the type of team that can be look over in the league. With high athleticism and quick scoring numbers, the Nuggets will look to shake off Monday's loss to the Suns 137-115 to get back to the winning side of the tracks by takin the game to the Magic.

Magic Tricks of the Game

1. The rebounding game needs to emphasis here as the Nuggets are a strong rebounding team.

2. Make the Nuggets beat the Magic from the outside.

3. The Magic offense has to be on point.

Magic Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nuggets Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by whocares » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:50 am

1. the time is probably 9:00pm EST.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,416

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:54 am

whocares wrote:1. the time is probably 9:00pm EST.

Corrected. Thx.
electrofat
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by electrofat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am

magic wins this , i expect a high score game and i ve a feeling that shard gonna score +30 tonight !!!
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 5th OF NOVEMBER ! ! !
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,077

Post#5 » by drsd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Little doubt that the Camby Howard matchup will excite.

This game will come down to Hedo and Rashard. If both can go for 20+ on 40% 3pt shooting, the Magic will have a chance.

Also, I wonder if Evans will start to guard AI tonight. That's a tough matchup.
drsd
RealGM

Post#6 » by drsd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:50 pm

The O-Sen confirms tonight's backcourt as Nelson and Evans.

Van Gundy said Thursday that he expects to start Jameer Nelson and Maurice Evans tonight in his backcourt, which is the lineup he used for the first time in the victory Wednesday against the Clippers. Nelson left Wednesday's game briefly with soreness in his foot, and had it X-rayed in the locker room, but he finished the game and expects to play tonight.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#7 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 pm

the one team I have feared all year is The Nuggets...IMO they have the best starting 5 in all of the Western Conference (I know, I'm so insane), and I feel that they are underachieving by a great deal...

I dont believe we stand a chance to win this one, the Nuggets are the most potent team out there next to the Warriors and the Lakers...I know we beat both of those teams, but that was before we crashed and burned, I dont think we could beat either of those team again if we played them today...only reason I say this is I haven't been given anything to prove me wrong lately...

This team is doing a fine job at digging themselves a hole and showing how ill prepared they are to take on the league and advance into the playoffs...

having said all that, I still believe in my Magic and will be routing for them as strong as ever...

Magic 107
Nuggets 103

:D
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#8 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:10 pm

looks like we'll win this..this is too professional for a game thread. nice work.
Work Hard
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#9 » by Potterman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Thethief

We will not hold Denver to 103. They average 108 at home. I say it will be a high scoring affair Denver 111 - Orlando 118.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#10 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:19 pm

rurouniad wrote:Thethief

We will not hold Denver to 103. They average 108 at home. I say it will be a high scoring affair Denver 111 - Orlando 118.

we'll have to see how it plays out...

the Magic do a pretty good job at keeping high scoring teams down below their average...the only high scorer we let go over the 105 mark this year was the Warrior and that was in OT...

and the Utah Jazz, but that was a different Magic team :D

i'm just saying, in the midst of all the mud, we do have a few specks of positive...

not to mention, it's a fans prediction...
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#11 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:25 pm

so is kleiza the magic killer tonight..good bc hes on one of my fantasy teams.
Work Hard
magictreat
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by magictreat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm

drsd wrote:The O-Sen confirms tonight's backcourt as Nelson and Evans.

Van Gundy said Thursday that he expects to start Jameer Nelson and Maurice Evans tonight in his backcourt, which is the lineup he used for the first time in the victory Wednesday against the Clippers. Nelson left Wednesday's game briefly with soreness in his foot, and had it X-rayed in the locker room, but he finished the game and expects to play tonight.
Iverson punished us for 60 points two years ago, and now Jameer have a sore foot, GOD HELP US, imagine Jameer with a bad foot following Iverson, all over the court, lol :pray: :pray:
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#13 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:34 pm

outside of NeNe, who I think will still cause us problems, because I am not sold on Foyle holding him off, but still dont think he'll explode on us, their entire group of rotation bench guys have the ability to kill us...

you have to contend with JR Smith who will probably easily slip away from our defense on numerous occasions, Najera who can create problems if no bodies up and Kleiza who is a powerful player with the ability to shoot anywhere on the court and seems to get down low well also...

my vote for Magic killer goes to Kleiza and Carter...
drsd
RealGM

Post#14 » by drsd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 pm

thEthIEf wrote:the one team I have feared all year is The Nuggets...IMO they have the best starting 5 in all of the Western Conference (I know, I'm so insane), and I feel that they are underachieving by a great deal...

I dont believe we stand a chance to win this one, the Nuggets are the most potent team out there next to the Warriors and the Lakers...I know we beat both of those teams, but that was before we crashed and burned, I dont think we could beat either of those team again if we played them today...only reason I say this is I haven't been given anything to prove me wrong lately...

This team is doing a fine job at digging themselves a hole and showing how ill prepared they are to take on the league and advance into the playoffs...

having said all that, I still believe in my Magic and will be routing for them as strong as ever...

Magic 107
Nuggets 103

:D

You like Denver's five over San Antonio's? (I see the Spurs as a "perfect" team).
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#15 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:17 pm

yes, i know, im a lunatic...aside from the PG slot, which is washed out by the rest of the slots, they are just an all around solid mesh and cover all needs...should they acquire a real PG, I will be able to go openly public with my opinion :)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,303

Post#16 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:36 pm

If the Nuggets play selfish we have a great shot to win.
aka: prorl
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#17 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:20 pm

drsd wrote:The O-Sen confirms tonight's backcourt as Nelson and Evans.

good call stan
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#18 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:29 pm

i agree the nuggets have one of the best starting fives in the league but it seems that they are too "look for my shot first" oriented. They come off as a sort of selfish team and that can and will hurt them, but none the less they are still a force to be reckoned with.
and i also think that their starting five is better than SA. SA starters are timmy tony bruce and oberto compared to Denver's A.I. Carmelo Camby Martin and Carter their stats compared to SA are higher numbers in the starting lineup position possibly excluding parker and duncan. But the reason SA is so good is just because they have great depth and are possible the most fundamentally sound team in the league (its between them and the pistons) which makes them boring to watch but they win alot
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#19 » by j-ragg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Nuggets have a great big man rotation with Camby, Martin, and Nene.

'Shard will have his hands full tonight.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Bold&Blue
Ballboy

Post#20 » by Bold&Blue » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm

I guess we will see another OT and fortunately we like long games so far.I hope keep going that.

Return to Orlando Magic