ImageImageImageImage

Who we need is

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 448

Who we need is 

Post#1 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:17 am

I know everyone starts these threads pretty often, so Im sorry if this seems annoying. But seriously I think who we need to get is Brad Miller. He seems to still have quite a bit left in him. I would stick him at Center and move Howard to PF, Lewis back to SF. Than were set at those positions. I would love to keep Hedo, but I highly doubt the Kings would trade him for scraps. Maybe somehow we could prpose a trade for Miller and Garcia, for Hedo, and some Expirings. Hedos value is at an all-time high. And I honestly dont think its going to last all season. Plus if we do trade Hedo, I think Lewis would starts scoring more as well.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#2 » by SS_MagicMark » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:19 am

No way do we get both of those guys for Hedo & scraps.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:22 am

SS_MagicMark wrote:No way do we get both of those guys for Hedo & scraps.

think just Miller for Hedo? or no?
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#4 » by MoGrAdY » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:25 am

Id actually still be interested in that Hedo for Artest deal. Artest can post up, rebound, hit shots and play tough defense. He would bring a toughness to our team we dont have. Right now fans feel safe sitting in the front row when we come to town. That needs to change.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by SS_MagicMark » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

think just Miller for Hedo? or no?

It would be a good starting point for a deal, but I don't think SAC would want to give up Miller unless they're getting a decent big in return. Spencer Hawes isn't ready to be thrown out there full-time, Justin Williams isn't ready to be out there part-time, and Mikki Moore is Mikki Moore. I doubt they'd be thrilled about trusting Kenny Thomas & Shareef Abdur-Rahim to be productive again.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:37 am

SS_MagicMark wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It would be a good starting point for a deal, but I don't think SAC would want to give up Miller unless they're getting a decent big in return. Spencer Hawes isn't ready to be thrown out there full-time, Justin Williams isn't ready to be out there part-time, and Mikki Moore is Mikki Moore. I doubt they'd be thrilled about trusting Kenny Thomas & Shareef Abdur-Rahim to be productive again.

:rofl: RealGM Quote of the Night
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#7 » by Dwightmare » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:40 am

im not for trading hedo for miller.

Hedo is extremely valuable to us esp on his contract and miller has bad knees. Id rather wait to fill that need with the MLE and draft.

I think Artest expires at the end of this year or next so will we be able to resign him? I dont know how a Lewis, Artest and Dwight combo would work out chemistry wise especially when Lewis and Dwight are making 20 mill and Artest is making 6.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#8 » by lovehoops01 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:42 am

Actually, maybe the Magic need someone like Mikki Moore in free agency.
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#9 » by whocares » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:18 am

1. miller was traded to the kings for hedo (and pollard).
2. if these two were traded again, it would be funny.
3. however, miller is being brought to the magic to do what exactly?
4. he is a really flat-footed high post player.
5. one of the pf or c position will still be a liability on defense.
6. just say no to bibby or artest, by the way.
7. artest is an sf who thinks that he is better than kobe "offensively".
8. bibby was an artifact of a great basketball system which depended on sharp shooters, constant movement and great passing.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#10 » by Furinkazan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:18 pm

We need Zaza:P
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#11 » by MagicalMan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:29 pm

MoGrAdY wrote:Id actually still be interested in that Hedo for Artest deal. Artest can post up, rebound, hit shots and play tough defense. He would bring a toughness to our team we dont have. Right now fans feel safe sitting in the front row when we come to town. That needs to change.

Wouldnt Artest just leave after this year? I think Artest could work, but we would be left with less talent next year than if we kept Hedo.

Return to Orlando Magic