ImageImageImageImage

Expiring Power Forwards

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, UCF, Knightro, ChosenSavior

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Expiring Power Forwards 

Post#1 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:52 am

With the trade deadline coming, and seeing as the most popular threads to start on this forum, I have listed every PF with an expiring contract i could find and a few extras. Now obviously some of these people would be impossible to get considering who wed have to trade and the needs of the other team but I'm just curious of who (try to be realistic) on this list you would go for in attempt to help us be a better ball club and who you would give for them. Feel free to add on other people i just put the list there so we could see some options.
kurt thomas sea
lorenzo wright atl
Othella Harrington char
Joe Smith Chi
Juwan Howard- Dal
Antonio McDyess- Det
Jeff Foster- Ind (actually a center)
Aaron Williams- LAC
Kwame Brown- LAL
Ronny Turiaf- LAL
Andre Brown- MEM
Michael Ruffin-MIL
Charlie Villanueva-MIL (not expiring but lower contract and id love to have him)
Ryan Gomes- MIN
Malik Allen- NJ
Melvin Ely- NO
Chris Webber
Shavlik Randolph- PHI
Reggie Evans- PHI (not expiring but has been the subject of a good deal of our trade ideas)
Brian Skinner- PHO
Sean Marks- PHO
Josh McRoberts- POR
Ron Artest- SAC (not a PF but he is expiring and alot of people here want him so i put him in for his defense)
Mikki Moore- SAC (I'm a little surprised noone has mentioned his name before)
Robert Horry- SAS
Andray Blatche-WAS
DiplomaticMagic
General Manager
And1: 2,647

Re: Expiring Power Forwards 

Post#2 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:00 am

The ones I go for..

Kurt Thomas - Sea
Jeff Foster- Ind
Kwame Brown- LAL
Ronny Turiaf- LAL
Charlie Villanueva-MIL
Reggie Evans- PHI
Brian Skinner- PHO
Extend Suggs ASAP!!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#3 » by magicman123 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:13 am

webber and McDyess are prolly the only ones that we cant get..but i like from the list..ill edit the who id give later

charlie V
evans
turiaf
artest
k.brown
McDyess
k.thomas
TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by TooNice00 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:35 am

the unrestricted free agent powerforwards that we can actually get suck this year. the only person is kwame. kurt thomas is a little too old for my liking even though he would fit in good. so we really need to use our expirings for a PF because the pg and sgs are out this summer for the MLE
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#5 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:49 am

I cant believe that no one ever mentions Joe Smith. He would be a fantastic short term fill for PF.
aka: prorl
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#6 » by TNMagicFan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:05 am

prorl wrote:I cant believe that no one ever mentions Joe Smith. He would be a fantastic short term fill for PF.

Yes he would
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#7 » by TooNice00 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:05 am

joe smith would be a good option. and the bulls are a good team to trade with since they have been pretty much a disappointment this season. not sure what they would want from us though. keyon dooling and carlos arroyo are pretty useless for them even as expirings. i wish we could land duhon and smith somehow.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#8 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:07 am

Why would we want an expiring PF? It makes no sense with our situation. We are trying to build depth and getting a guy for the rest of the season does us no good. There is nothing we can do this season ALONE to get us to the point of true title contention. Not to mention if we were to make a trade, we would likely be moving our expirings...why would another team trade a better player that expires for another expiring that isn't as good.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#9 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:12 am

If the Bulls continue losing they might just give up and go with their young bigs to get them experience. They got Thomas, Gray, Noah and they need playing time. Smith being a veteran might prefer a playoff team if the Bulls dont right the ship. Smith could be very available and could be acquired cheap. I been saying Joe Smith for like 2 weeks and no one has noticed lol.
aka: prorl
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#10 » by TooNice00 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 am

prorl wrote:If the Bulls continue losing they might just give up and go with their young bigs to get them experience. They got Thomas, Gray, Noah and they need playing time. Smith could be very available and could be acquired cheap. I been saying Joe Smith for like 2 weeks and no one has noticed lol.

who would we trade for him? i really don't think they would want carlos or keyon, despite being expirings when they have hinrich, gordon, and duhon. maybe they would go for garrity and redick. i dunno.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#11 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:57 am

I would like to see something like Duhon+Smith for Arroyo+Redick+Filler
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,666

Post#12 » by j-ragg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:10 am

I still don't understand this list. A lot of them aren't even expiring...
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 448

Post#13 » by OrlandoMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:I would like to see something like Duhon+Smith for Arroyo+Redick+Filler

How bout Duhon and Noah? Little cheaper talent wise, And Noah would be more long term. Smith would be nice but seriously how many more years does he have left?
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#14 » by TooNice00 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:21 am

they probably would want us to take smith just so they dump a little salary.
DiplomaticMagic
General Manager
And1: 2,647

Post#15 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 am

TooNice00 wrote:they probably would want us to take smith just so they dump a little salary.

They'll teammates will say otherwise. :rofl:
Extend Suggs ASAP!!
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#16 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:04 am

prorl wrote:I cant believe that no one ever mentions Joe Smith. He would be a fantastic short term fill for PF.

he's on the my list
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#17 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:07 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:Why would we want an expiring PF? It makes no sense with our situation. We are trying to build depth and getting a guy for the rest of the season does us no good. There is nothing we can do this season ALONE to get us to the point of true title contention. Not to mention if we were to make a trade, we would likely be moving our expirings...why would another team trade a better player that expires for another expiring that isn't as good.

well your right but im looking at it with the stand point that other teams want to get rid of their expiring s and that if we like them enough after the seasons end we can resign
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#18 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:09 am

j-ragg wrote:I still don't understand this list. A lot of them aren't even expiring...

there are a few that arent which i said so on the list but at least according to hoopshype.com the majority of them are. if they arent sorry but id check if i were you im pretty sure they are though
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#19 » by flyingvee » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 am

What would it take to pry Noah away from them? A Dwight and Noah combo would be pretty good and last a long time. Being I'm pushng for the Magic to dump either Turk or Lewis. The 2 SF experiment isn't working anymore. Noah has had some run-ins already with the Bulls, maybe they would move him. Though David Lee is the perfect young PF for this team. In the meanwhile Kurt Thomas would have an impact on our defense and toughness.

I'm still seeing us sending a package of Turk and someone to the Kings, where thwy send Artest to NY and NY sends us Lee.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#20 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

flyingvee wrote:What would it take to pry Noah away from them? A Dwight and Noah combo would be pretty good and last a long time. Being I'm pushng for the Magic to dump either Turk or Lewis. The 2 SF experiment isn't working anymore. Noah has had some run-ins already with the Bulls, maybe they would move him. Though David Lee is the perfect young PF for this team. In the meanwhile Kurt Thomas would have an impact on our defense and toughness.

I'm still seeing us sending a package of Turk and someone to the Kings, where thwy send Artest to NY and NY sends us Lee.

You're not a Gator by any chance, are you?

Return to Orlando Magic