ImageImageImageImage

Hidayet Turkoglu

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Hidayet Turkoglu 

Post#1 » by TooNice00 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:38 am

This isn't a thread to bash hedo or due to his recent struggles. Nor it is a thread to be a battle between rashard and hedo. obviously rashard isn't going anywhere because of his contract. but i am just curious on what peoples opinions are of hedo in the long term? do we trade him for other needs (i know people talk about the sell high idea but i am sure GMs are weary of it too and may be reluctant). i don't think there are many teams actually looking for his sercives other than houston, LA, maybe toronto, and maybe new york. do you see rashard and hedo as a long term starting lineup? or do you see hedo as a 6th man and are there minutes for him to be a 6th man playing behind rashard?
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#2 » by MagicFan3 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 am

Hedo is good, Hedo is a starter, Hedo is staying.

/thread
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#3 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 am

[/thread]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Re: Hidayet Turkoglu 

Post#4 » by taruky1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 am

TooNice00 wrote:This isn't a thread to bash hedo or due to his recent struggles. Nor it is a thread to be a battle between rashard and hedo. obviously rashard isn't going anywhere because of his contract. but i am just curious on what peoples opinions are of hedo in the long term? do we trade him for other needs (i know people talk about the sell high idea but i am sure GMs are weary of it too and may be reluctant). i don't think there are many teams actually looking for his sercives other than houston, LA, maybe toronto, and maybe new york. do you see rashard and hedo as a long term starting lineup? or do you see hedo as a 6th man and are there minutes for him to be a 6th man playing behind rashard?

:lol: You're a riot. Restating your opinion for the upteenth time in a new thread and question format. And the veiled disses, very clever. My goodness, you write about Hedo more than his biggest fans do.
TooNice00
Banned User

Re: Hidayet Turkoglu 

Post#5 » by TooNice00 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:02 am

taruky1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol: You're a riot. Restating your opinion for the upteenth time in a new thread and question format. And the veiled disses, very clever. My goodness, you write about Hedo more than his biggest fans do.

yes there are teams that would like his services. but few teams i think would really listen and actually give something of value for him. for example a team like houston(desparate for a third option), LA(probably thinks with hedo they'd be part of the western elite and have a legitimate chance of winning a title fisher/kobe/hedo/lamar/bynum), and new york is new york, and toronto might bite for it. thats all just throwing names out there.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#6 » by TooNice00 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:08 am

i like hedo sometimes even though it is annoying he is going through a slump but rashard also just went through one(which was very annoying too). IMO i see him as a 6th man. but then i have my reserves if i still want to see a lineup of rashard and hedo at the forward spots? Regardless of him being a 6th man he will see time there. I am not sure big minutes of a lineup in rashard and hedo(no doubt it could be a good team) is it that of a contender.
MagicFan3
Banned User

Post#7 » by MagicFan3 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:23 am

He is not a sixth man, he's a starter. Hedo in a slump is no different than Rashard in a slump, and where were you then asking for Rashard to be benched?
15yearmagicfan
Sophomore

Post#8 » by 15yearmagicfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:27 am

Trading Hedo would be the stupidest thing we could do at this point. No offense of course, but he is the 2nd best player on the team this year and trading would not solve ANY problem!
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#9 » by flyingvee » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 am

If you want Hedo to be a starter then you have to trade Lewis. This team CAN NOT go on with both starting as it's a disaster at the PF position. So unless Lewiw decides to slide back to SG then one has to go.
MagicFan3
Banned User

Post#10 » by MagicFan3 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 am

flyingvee wrote:If you want Hedo to be a starter then you have to trade Lewis. This team CAN NOT go on with both starting as it's a disaster at the PF position. So unless Lewiw decides to slide back to SG then one has to go.

There would be no problem if we get a PF.

PG - Nelson
SG - Hedo
SF - Lewis
PF - ________
C - Howard
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#11 » by TooNice00 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:32 am

MagicFan3 wrote:He is not a sixth man, he's a starter. Hedo in a slump is no different than Rashard in a slump, and where were you then asking for Rashard to be benched?

i admit i was a def critical of him earlier saying i wanted him off this team. but obviously i am not gonna call for rashard and hedo to get benched RIGHT NOW because we have no other option. if we benched rashard, it would seriously make the orlando franchise look even more (Please Use More Appropriate Word). basically they would be benching the player they just gave 118 million to. its not like i am the only one that is sometimes critical of the hedo/rashard spots. even the magic announcers and battie today even made comments that it has serious defensive problems. i dunno maybe i am wrong and hedo and rashard starting is that of a contender.
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 415

Post#12 » by richi_v25 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There would be no problem if we get a PF.

PG - Nelson
SG - Hedo
SF - Lewis
PF - ________
C - Howard

sorry to be alittle OT but I wonder why we never go with that lineup, i've been waiting all year to see it happen but nope. I would love to see hedo play SG bc hes quick enough and we'd have a tall, tall line-up plus lewis would go back to SF were he made his money LOL. even if its for a couple mintues with foyle in there, i bet we'd pwn everyone :D
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#13 » by TooNice00 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:57 am

yeah hedo at SG may be a good idea. but lets face it hedo and rashard are not good defenders. hedo sometimes embraces that role at the end of games(like vs lebron even though he was lucky he didn't get called for a foul) but most of the time they are both pretty lazy. can you imagine hedo trying to guard rip hamilton or wade. people may say what about rip hamilton guarding hedo? but we are essentially doing the same thing right now with what PF is gonna be able to guard rashard lewis. and frankly that isn't working either at the moment.
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#14 » by taruky1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm

TooNice00 wrote:yeah hedo at SG may be a good idea. but lets face it hedo and rashard are not good defenders. hedo sometimes embraces that role at the end of games(like vs lebron even though he was lucky he didn't get called for a foul) but most of the time they are both pretty lazy. can you imagine hedo trying to guard rip hamilton or wade. people may say what about rip hamilton guarding hedo? but we are essentially doing the same thing right now with what PF is gonna be able to guard rashard lewis. and frankly that isn't working either at the moment.

I don't have to imagine, I actually saw it last year. And Hedo made life miserable for Rip that game, he shot like 30%. Not saying that happens every time, but Hedo can do it.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#15 » by Gerhalt11 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 pm

I really don't get this "trade Hedo" mentality. We trade our second best player for who? A big man that will start for us for half a season? Batman is going to be back next season, and we'll likely be back to Jameer, whoever at the 2, 'shard at the 3, Dwight at 4 and Battie at 5, meaning we traded a 20+ ppg player for a backup big? Get real. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beyond excited about next season when 'shard can play at his natural position and we have a player of Hedo's caliber either starting at the 2 (unlikely) or coming off the bench.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#16 » by NEM » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:29 pm

even when he sucks, he's still baller
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
The Letter J
Starter

Post#17 » by The Letter J » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:29 am

Hedo is a good player, but he plays in a position that we already have another star quality player in. We would be well off to trade Hedo for a player in a position of need, preferably PF IMO.

Summation; Hedo is a good player, but a better trade piece because of his contract.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#18 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:I really don't get this "trade Hedo" mentality. We trade our second best player for who? A big man that will start for us for half a season? Batman is going to be back next season, and we'll likely be back to Jameer, whoever at the 2, 'shard at the 3, Dwight at 4 and Battie at 5, meaning we traded a 20+ ppg player for a backup big? Get real. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beyond excited about next season when 'shard can play at his natural position and we have a player of Hedo's caliber either starting at the 2 (unlikely) or coming off the bench.

exactly what i'm trying to say! Alot of ppl bashed Battie last year. And I never get why. He's nothing but solid. And we should not be able to part with a piece like Hedo for a big man when we got 2 who could really help us come over next year. Not to mention we got the MLE. Face it, we're not going to win a ring this year.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga

Return to Orlando Magic